• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December |OT| The Team You Cheer For is Not Good Compared To Our Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

pringles

The more I look at Tomas Holmstrom's goal from last night the more convinced I am that it's the prettiest goal of the season.

I'm sorry about last night, guys, I pulled a Manics and drank too much, I'll never leave the Habs, I've got the CH tattooed on my heart, I'll lead us to the cup

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm sorry about last night, guys, I pulled a Manics and drank too much, I'll never leave the Habs, I've got the CH tattooed on my heart, I'll lead us to the cup
<3 We all have those nights. Apparently Markov didn't go with the team to San Jose.....this is getting fucking ridiculous now.

If you look at the Leafs record with and without Reimer it's not even funny. Ok he only played 5 games so far and was 4-0-1 this year, but look at last season where he went 20-10-5. Compare that good record with the current 10-9-1 without him.

I meant it more in that the Leafs appear to be able to maintain a .500 record even without their number 1 goalie - chiefly because of how they've been built up.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Some of the Montreal media said Markov may not play until the 13th.

This whole situation is getting out of hand he went to Anaheim with them and then just didn't go to San Jose and the organization won't say where he is. You can't be this secretive about every single thing with this dedicated of a fan base. It's getting really tiring.

Manics

Banned
You should probably also look at who the wins are against. Their schedule's been pretty soft for the most part, and look quite a bit easier than last year's after a quick eyeball.

Last season after November:

Habs 2
Sens 3
Penguins 1
Rangers 3
Isles 1
Flyers 1
Panthers 2
Bruins 1
Capitals 1
Sabres 2
Lightning 2
Canucks 1
Predators 1
Devils 1
Stars 1
-----------
22 games
8-11-4

This year after November
Habs 2
Sens 3
Flames 1
Avs 1
Jets 1
Boston 3
Flyers 1
Rangers 1
Penguins 1
NJ 1
Columbus 1
Panthers 1
St. Louis 1
Phoenix 1
Predators 1
Caps 1
Canes 1
Lighning 1
Stars 1
Ducks 1
----------
25 games
14-9-2

How is this year's schedule any easier than last year? If anything it's been more difficult with more travel to different cities.

Dastardly, I thought this would be done for awhile, but now I get to leave it in your capable hands. Use this power wisely :

DsrZd.gif

Ie3Yc.jpg

Let me further explain, in an actual hockey game you make your presence felt with goals or assists, big hits, big saves, a great defensive play perhaps, or a fight. That's hockey. On GAF we make our presence felt with posts. Positivism towards your team, great "zingers" against other team's fans, optimism and realism also play a factor. This is how we determine who's in our "lineup". I'm actually shocked this hasn't caught on to more fanbases.

Because all Ducks-age have are

Heretic - Dastardly Jerks - facepalm007

RIP: Karakand

(By centering the first line I'm not implying I'm Captain/Getzlaf, it's just my account name is the longest)

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Fuck you guys are dum. This isn't a traditional hockey team set up where you have a GM, coach, assistants etc. This is a hockey thread people, we're just determining our "best lineup" of hockey-GAF posters to combat other team's fans. It's perfectly acceptable for myself and Penis to tinker with the lineups given that we were the first to think of this approach. Neo-posters if you will.

/depth
hey milly, what position do you wanna play?

So you're Corey Perry and I'm Getzlaf?

Time for me to start shaving the middle of my head then.

Wonder if Boudreu and Getzlaf trade hair tips and dome shine?

Alucard

Banned
I wanna centre the Pens-GAF squad.

Kassatsu - Alucard - Spire

All the depth we need.

P.S. I fully expect the Pens to beat the Caps tonight, even without Letang and Michalek. Any other outcome would be disappointing. Caps are learning a new system and fragile. The Pens are on the same page and playing their guts out. Should be a cakewalk, man.

Vega

I have a bad feeling about tonight. 2 rookies on the third pairing and Caps have the last change.

Go Pens though!

Fei

Nice the the Leafs finally have a real farm system, but real talk:

08-09 AHL Rookie of the Year: Nathan Gerbe
09-10 AHL Rookie of the Year: Tyler Ennis
10-11 AHL Rookie of the Year: Luke Adam

Oh, and Tyler Myers never had a shot since he went from juniors to the NHL. He was the NHL's rookie of the year.

/legit depth ;)

SpacLock

Tabris-Tabris-Tabris
Tabris-Tabris-Tabris
Tabris-Tabris-Tabris
Tabris-Tabris-Tabris

Tabris-Tabris
Tabris-Tabris

Tabris

Bishop

So just a quick apology to all of you for being a bit Ducks-centric in my posting lately. With all the media attention on us being shit and Bobby Ryan on the trade block and Boudreu coming in, there's a lot to post about... We hardly get any focus as it is, so it's kinda fresh and exciting in that regard.

But I just wanted to say how REALLY FUCKING HAPPY I AM to see this...

Andrew Gordon (played under Bruce in the AHL) said:
On Boudreau&#8217;s offensive system
He wants you to support the puck as opposed to pushing it down there and dumping it in. He&#8217;s going to allow someone like Bobby to make a move and beat a guy one-on-one. As long as we&#8217;re playing within the system, he wants to play offense. When he was a player, he scored beyond belief, so he knows what it&#8217;s like to be an offensive guy and want to play to your style. All the coaches are going to come together and let our big guns play offense. When you&#8217;re one of those guys expected to score, that&#8217;s a green light, and that&#8217;s good news.

GOODBYE DUMP AND CHASE! OMG, our fucking first line can now PRODUCE and commit to a run-and-gun style that will allow the players to play to their strengths.

Less garbage goals, more sniping, more Ovechkin-like highlight reel goals... PLEASE.

If Bruce adapts his stupid hybrid system he was trying in Washington, then I dunno what to do...

Heretic

So just a quick apology to all of you for being a bit Ducks-centric in my posting lately. With all the media attention on us being shit and Bobby Ryan on the trade block and Boudreu coming in, there's a lot to post about... We hardly get any focus as it is, so it's kinda fresh and exciting in that regard.

But I just wanted to say how REALLY FUCKING HAPPY I AM to see this...

GOODBYE DUMP AND CHASE! OMG, our fucking first line can now PRODUCE and commit to a run-and-gun style that will allow the players to play to their strengths.

Less garbage goals, more sniping, more Ovechkin-like highlight reel goals... PLEASE.

If Bruce adapts his stupid hybrid system he was trying in Washington, then I dunno what to do...

Loved reading that and it was sad reading some of the reactions like from Teemu and Getzy

FFFFFF noooo no no NO

RUN AND GUN OFFENSIVE STYLE. RYAN DOING SICK DEKES. GETZLAF ELBOWING (not literally) BACKCHECKERS. PERRY SNIPING. DATSYUK-LIKE MOVEMENT FROM THE WHOLE RPG-LINE

NOOOOOOO DUMP AND CHAAAAAAAASE

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

I just realized something nuts. Boudreau was out of the NHL for two days. Peter Laviolette was out for a year. Something is wrong with the world.

O and John Stevens is still only an Assistant. He got a team to the ECF. Just as good as Boudreau.

EDIT: Forgot to mention... Stevens beat Boudreau in the playoffs with an arguably inferior team as well. How the hell did that bastard get hired so quickly?

I'm glad Hamrlik was finally scratched. He has been horrible for the Caps.

After reading the stupid shit he said about Sid, I'm glad he's out. I'm sure Sid wouldn't think twice about knocking him off the puck or making him look like a pylon. Grow a fucking sack Hamrlik:

Roman Hamrlik: "I have so much respect for the guy," he said. "He's one of the best players in the league. I'm not going to try to run over him. I'm not the kind of guy to go and hit in the head. I would have to be really ticked off. You don't want to see the best player get hurt again, but it's a tough sport and it could happen to anybody." So would you take a shot at him? "I would think twice," he said. "You want to play tough against everybody, but I would think twice before I hit him."

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Guys, please go be with your families. Craig Adams has scored a goal, the apocalypse is nigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom