• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2017 |OT| May 2016's reign of terror end with the Wild's sacrificial loss

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
S1 of True Detective got carried by the first few episodes. The rest weren't nearly as good.

Sure, but it's already been 5 years. At some point a GM needs to do more than announce draft selections.

true but now is the waiting game and letting your young guys mature, put on some weight and grow with the game. You can't go out make star player over night.

Hey guys, just wanted to drop in and say that I suffered for years with a mood disorder I didn't know about, and I wish I had talked about my anxieties earlier. If anybody wants to talk about anything that's bothering them, I'm usually around to listen if you don't have anybody to talk to.

Also your local sporting team is garbage

calder

he is not planning for the present he is planning for the future, the future of the jets especially their prospects look ace, you cant built a franchise over a few years it takes times for all of the pieces to align properly

It is definitely worth remembering that the Jets moved after a few terrible years of bad drafting and horrible roster decisions left the team with basically no young talent. Chevy has done a very good job with drafting and a decent job of player development. He's had a few really good trades but he still doesn't address roster issues quickly enough (although that's true of almost all GMs, and the lack of trading partners hurts everyone).

I'd say he's too loyal, especially to bottom of the depth chart guys he overpays like Stuart and Thorburn etc. Sure overpaying a vet that everyone likes by a million dollars isn't the end of the world when you're not a cap team, but then sticking with them no matter what does hurt the team a fair bit. His inability or unwillingness to improve the bottom pairing is a long standing joke and arguably hurts the team as much as shaky goaltending (which he also ignored for years during the rebuild only to discover it isn't as easy to fix as he may have hoped).

Honestly, I'd be totally fine with Chevy being replaced this summer too. But the coaching staff definitely needs to go.

Silexx

Sylvain St-Laurent ‏@Syl_St_Laurent 11m11 minutes ago

"People will realize that this is one of those years where we have an actual shot." - Eugene Melnyk #Sens

Sylvain St-Laurent ‏@Syl_St_Laurent 8m8 minutes ago

"We have beaten every single team that has been on top of the league. We have whacked them." - Eugene Melnyk #Sens

It always fun times when The Euge gets a mic.

Marvie_3

Banned
It is definitely worth remembering that the Jets moved after a few terrible years of bad drafting and horrible roster decisions left the team with basically no young talent. Chevy has done a very good job with drafting and a decent job of player development. He's had a few really good trades but he still doesn't address roster issues quickly enough (although that's true of almost all GMs, and the lack of trading partners hurts everyone).

I'd say he's too loyal, especially to bottom of the depth chart guys he overpays like Stuart and Thorburn etc. Sure overpaying a vet that everyone likes by a million dollars isn't the end of the world when you're not a cap team, but then sticking with them no matter what does hurt the team a fair bit. His inability or unwillingness to improve the bottom pairing is a long standing joke and arguably hurts the team as much as shaky goaltending (which he also ignored for years during the rebuild only to discover it isn't as easy to fix as he may have hoped).

Honestly, I'd be totally fine with Chevy being replaced this summer too. But the coaching staff definitely needs to go.
Can we have your assistant coaches? Theres no way theyre worse than ours.

calder

Can we have your assistant coaches? Theres no way theyre worse than ours.

For 5 seasons now Wade Flaherty has made every single goalie on the roster get noticeably worse, including two that had good success in the AHL.

Charlie Huddy coaches the D and his "specialty" is the PK. We have had a bottom 5 PK the entire time he's been here... which I'm pretty sure has been 6 fucking years.

So yeah, take 'em!

Socreges

Banned
Just had a certain large Canadian company that we work with accidentally send me an email in their native language where dude rages on us, shining a light onto their deluded mindset

I then get another email saying he would like to recall it 🤣

Just had a certain large Canadian company that we work with accidentally send me an email in their native language where dude rages on us, shining a light onto their deluded perspective

You should forward the email back to him

imBask

Banned
Just had a certain large Canadian company that we work with accidentally send me an email in their native language where dude rages on us, shining a light onto their deluded perspective

blackmail opportunity?

Parch

Six teams in the East with 49 points now. One of the wildcards will go to a Metro team, but EVERYBODY in that conference is in the playoff hunt.

Chris R

Six teams in the East with 49 points now. One of the wildcards will go to a Metro team, but EVERYBODY in that conference is in the playoff hunt.

22 points between first and 28th place.

20 points between 28th place and the Avs ;_;

20 points between 28th place and the Avs ;_;
Hey man, the best part about this season has been watching people try to talk about Roy like he was some savant coach who was the difference between this year and the last several years of mediocrity. I'm sure there are plenty of people actually in the league who are drawing the same false conclusion, so at least we know he'll have a job with another team if he wants one. More Roy gifs for all.

Good move by the sens. Anselmi built enough in Toronto.

New HH comin'...

omgcw.gif

yessssss

Parch

Patrick Roy is a quitter.

It's a pretty low and disrespectful move to abandon his team in August so close to the start of the season. Plus this certainly isn't the first time Roy quit on his team.
Pick somebody else. This quitter doesn't deserve another job in the NHL.

Patrick Roy is a quitter.

It's a pretty low and disrespectful move to abandon his team in August so close to the start of the season. Plus this certainly isn't the first time Roy quit on his team.
Pick somebody else. This quitter doesn't deserve another job in the NHL.
He should have quit at the end of last season so we could get a more experienced coach.

Reckheim

Just had a certain large Canadian company that we work with accidentally send me an email in their native language where dude rages on us, shining a light onto their deluded mindset

hehe, I did something similar once. Talking to some asshole customer on the phone and I end the conversation and hang up. I start ripping into him with one of my coworkers, turns out the phone wasnt set all the way down and the dude heard everything. That was an interesting day for sure.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
That apparent ask from Arizone for Hanzal is hilarious. I get start the bidding high, but I wouldn't give McCarron for him straight up, let alone a 1st and conditional pick on the side.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

Along these same lines, the Rangers' 31 wins in their first 48 games is the second most ever in the franchise's 90 year history. They are in 4th place in the Metro division.

imBask

Banned
That apparent ask from Arizone for Hanzal is hilarious. I get start the bidding high, but I wouldn't give McCarron for him straight up, let alone a 1st and conditional pick on the side.

he's a 40 point guy AT BEST what the fuck are they thinking

Pikma

Banned
Holy fuck this country is going down fast

Took people decades to build what this group of fucking maniacs is destroying in weeks

Socreges

Banned
Holy fuck this country is going down fast

Took people decades to build what this group of fucking maniacs are destroying in weeks
Days.

It's both fascinating and terrifying. Most important thing for Americans over the next four years will be finding creative ways to break down the echo chambers.

I really want a team in Seattle :( Alaska doesn't get ANY regional games :(

I'd even watch Canucks games if they were available on TV for basically every game :(

Is there actual scuttlebutt on Colorado leaving? I know most folks assume Carolina is already gone, but I haven't heard much about the Avs

Top Bottom