• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Movember Thread of George Parros and his mustache tickles when he goes down on gi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revenant

Puddles said:
Oh man, if Crawford can get me a shutout tonight, that would be amazing.

n110282_pissed.gif

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Nucks hanging their goalie out to dry. Worst stretch of chances given up I've seen in a game in quite some time.

pringles

Wings need to get their shit in gear, but you can't say they're getting anything for free.. terrible call on Kronwall and right afterwards a missed high-stick on what would have been atleast a semi-breakaway for Helm.

Soooo frustrating to watch.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
SuperSonic1305 said:
Watch replays before you make comments like this

How about no? We're commenting on the game live, play didn't stop for awhile so there was no immediate replay. Chill out.

Montresor

Spire said:
So he laid on the ice and held his head?

I admit, my post was homerish. It looked like embellishment, and so my excuse was weak.

BUT... Check my edit. After looking at the replay, it turns out it wasn't a dive at all. He fell awkwardly on his leg! They showed the replay after the commercial FYI.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
pringles said:
Wings need to get their shit in gear, but you can't say they're getting anything for free.. terrible call on Kronwall and right afterwards a missed high-stick on what would have been atleast a semi-breakaway for Helm.

Soooo frustrating to watch.

Yeah that play at the end of the period was one of those that was so bad that all you can do is laugh.

1) The referees make a horrible call
2) Darren Helm has a chance at an easy breakaway and the ref gets in his way
3) Helm is high-sticked in the face less than a foot away from the ref but he can't see it

This team is playing awful right now and nothing is going their way. Their only goal rolled in off Cleary's chest.

I also cannot believe how badly Franzen is playing. It's awful.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
soultron said:
Thoughts on whether he actually needed to sit tonight out or whether Wilson just wanted Scrivens to get an easy killgame in tonight?

i think reimer could have played but really wasn't all there

i just hope he could pull it out against boston though if he's in. boston is always tough for us...

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
DopeyFish said:
i think reimer could have played but really wasn't all there

i just hope he could pull it out against boston though if he's in. boston is always tough for us...

Yeah I'm hoping it's that. I think with the good start they aren't as worried to have to force him into play since we're still winning games.

Zombie James said:
So, Scrivens or King Monster against Boston?
Scrivens.

It's so unfair when you have the depth to throw guys like Crabb and Scrivens into the line-up and keep winning.

Leafs continue to maul the Western Conference.

Who's next?

toro5741

Shut out for the 3rd time this year already on home ice. 18 goals as a team through 10 games. Can Brent Johnson break DiPietro's face again... maybe then they might show a little spark?

calder

Wooo! Good win, but as importantly to me Pavelec got the shutout, he's struggled at times this year and he played great tonight.

Also, it helps that the Islanders look, and how to put this politely, like a team that can shut out at home maybe ;P

Zombie James said:
Sloppy third but another two points, 9-3-1 is a pretty record to see.
Good teams that are tired on back to back nights find a way to win. BJs were rested and hungry to win and the Leafs pulled it out with a third stringer in net.

/heart
/depth

💙💙💙

Socreges* would have wrote a novel of condescension if any Leafs fan had suggested we might be on top of the NHL (however fleeting) come November.

* No disrespect

Socreges

Banned
Nice, Kesler just hit both posts. Then the puck basically stopped on the goal line before Harding casually swept it away.

pringles

Lidstrom is such a fucking legend. Every forward leaves the zone, he stands up on the blueline, keeps the puck in the zone which leads to about 2 minutes of Red Wings pressure.
He goes towards the net, he looks like he wants the pucks, he makes NO BAD PASSES, his shots are dangerous, and he still defends flawlessly.

If only the rest of the team could follow his lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom