• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL November 2014 |OT| Cleary Must Be Always

I'm currently watching my first Leafs game ever! This feels like an important rite of passage

Hawks have been kinda iffy the past few games, but this one seems like a gimme

zroid

Banned
I'm trying to balance watching the Leafs and the Raptors at the same time!

COME AT ME!!!!

nah, we cool

rXOupmBl.png

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
That was just about the most dangerous the power play has looked all year. Didn't score, but immediately drew another power play as the last one expired.

Quick

Banned
I have a question. Why is Toronto hockey broadcast in at least 3 different channels? What's so special about games in Saturday night?

Nothing else to air on the other CBC channels, maybe?

CBC's old HNIC format involves the Leafs games being "national games" with the Habs and Sens being contained to their own CBC region (but still viewable to anyone to who wants to change the channel to them).

Saturday night games are prime hockey hours. It's become tradition to watch hockey on Saturday night.

I'm currently watching my first Leafs game ever! This feels like an important rite of passage

Hawks have been kinda iffy the past few games, but this one seems like a gimme

Original 6 games are always pretty cool.

Heh, the stats about Crosby against Buffalo. Last held pointless against Buffalo in 2007, current 18 game point streak (his longest against any team), points in all but 2 career games.

Original 6 games are always pretty cool.
Yeah! I actually read up on the history of hockey in general the the maple leafs specifically -if I have my facts straight, the Leafs used to be one of the most dominant teams in the league until a new owner came in and realized the fans were so loyal that they would support the team whether they won or lost, so he gutted the player budget and the Leafs subsequently fell into disarray and kind of never recovered? Interesting stuff

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
McD crunched in the corner and still down.

My diagnosis from the 200s level, same shoulder he injured late last season.

Marvie_3

Banned
Gross

Yeah! I actually read up on the history of hockey in general the the maple leafs specifically -if I have my facts straight, the Leafs used to be one of the most dominant teams in the league until a new owner came in and realized the fans were so loyal that they would support the team whether they won or lost, so he gutted the player budget and the Leafs subsequently fell into disarray and kind of never recovered? Interesting stuff
Just wait until you start reading about Bill Wirtz.

Top Bottom