• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2013 |OT| Racism, Pokémon, and the Pursuit of Saltiness

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
It's just funny to me that you would try to belittle people for maybe wanting a more powerful console for less money by saying they don't care about anything else but that.

Personally I'll be buying a PS4 so that I can keep enjoying the weird Japanese and niche games that always come out on the Playstation. And I don't care about what resolution they run at. I don't think the XBO is going to offer me much.

Also fuck camera games forever.

D4 could be quite good. Won't get more weird than that and it might actually make decent use of Kinect.

ruUcMfHl.jpg

Fucking fantastic.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
It being Live?

People need to understand what problems are occurring in which states in which environments under which builds. These people are complaining about APIs being buggy on older devkits (because lets face it -games are gold now) while the retail units are receiving patches. These games aren't tested on launch day patched retail units. If API calls are right and issues are still occurring, the issues are also easily fixable as its a global software issue. Everything about the toasts and notifications/friends requests and invites were when an app was running. Shocking eh? So we have some handshake issues with voice. Ok. But nothing is actually broken. Just not operating correctly sometimes in some scenarios. But lets get out the pitchforks and claim BROKEN

The part about pushing games back (that are already 2014) because of longer cert is bullshit because there's not going to be a lot of games being certified post launch.

Dev sources are the worst possible kind of sources especially in launch scenarios. In this scenario the best source is an Xbox dashboard engineer.

Marvie_3

Banned
I can barely be bothered with one! I get it. I mean I want one basically for what I hope is going to be an awesome NHL 15 that fixes everything. I'm hopelessly optimistic at times =/

I ignore a lot of games due to lack of time. I'm pretty fucking happy I had a PS3 still so I could play GTA V though. There are always a few console exclusives I get hyped about. For that reason I'll probably end up owning both at some point.

edit: Back to hockey. Habs games are the worst for me living here. I get bombarded with texts if we lose to them, which we pretty much always do. Please fucking win =/
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

DESTINY boys. That's what next gen is.

I didn't know Borderlands was what next gen looked like. I'm actually excited for it though, I'll be getting a XBone once Witcher 3 or Destiny is out, whichever releases first. I'll be getting a PS4 down the road too, but Halo and Fable are my favorite console exclusives.

It's just funny to me that you would try to belittle people for maybe wanting a more powerful console for less money by saying they don't care about anything else but that.

Personally I'll be buying a PS4 so that I can keep enjoying the weird Japanese and niche games that always come out on the Playstation. And I don't care about what resolution they run at. I don't think the XBO is going to offer me much.

Also fuck camera games forever.

I wasnt belittling anyone, I am also getting a PS4 at launch. I was specifically refering to him saying that people should buy the cheaper more powerful console. I personally couldnt give a single fuck about console power. I bought a Wiiu at launch. I want games that I like and new features. Current gen games looked good to me, so if next gens look better I will be a very happy gamer.

There is a reason I said wait until 2014 to buy a console.

Shit will buff out and both consoles will be great.

Yeah this too. If I'm 30 years old and part of my life is arguing on the internet about Console Warz then I've failed in life.

Arguing about Sports though, probably just as bad, but at least more socially acceptable.

I guess I dont get why anyone would feel strongly about for profit companies like this. I get being emotional about sports teams, but not electronics companies. People in the XB1 OS thread today are cheering and saying how happy they will be when it is only Sony left. That is nuts to me.

At least I can relax knowing that in here there are similar views to my own.

I can't imagine a world where a gaming console illicits actual emotion. I'd rather be passionate about laundry powder, at least my choice in that affects me daily.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Josh Rimer saying the Flyers and Buffalo have discussed Miller, and the Sabres are asking for Couturier.

I don't even understand this choosing sides nonsense. Either you don't have enough money for both, so you wait it out a little and see which one sucks less and has better games coming... or you have enough and you just buy both and give no fucks.
or you have money for both and buy neither because the launch window games look like garbage

am i rite

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Cheers for the response, Dopey.

i know it doesn't exactly answer everything. OS stuff comes together at the end. Hard to get a sense of these things when we're hearing from devs when most or all launch software is gold and MS has turned all its resources into finishing the retail end of the platform. If November 22 rolls around and the issues are there. OK. Everyone fucked up. But from this we understand if you're playing a game in SP or MP and aren't using parties or apps... if you're using twitch, you're unlikely to be in a party... you may not really care if an achievement doesn't pop up. (even if it's still recorded) Most user experiences should be flawless.

the bigger thing is snap crashing games

snap can't actually crash a game afaik. They both run in 2 separate VMs and run in their own protected memory and their own CPU/GPU resources. Either there's a bug in the game/communication OS (possible- meaning the OS is bugging out, not the game) or the communication OS layer is sending info to the game (re: state, in case game code wants to re-align some of its UI? dunno) and the game is handling it erroneously meaning the devs fucked up. or there's a hardware issue that is completely contained to the unit where the crash was occurring (bad memory? who knows)

again. pre-release and not final units skew someones perspective especially for someone who doesn't know what exactly is causing the crash. Saying snap is crashing it means shit. No. Snap is likely what started the chain of events that eventually caused the game to crash, but isn't likely the cause. (just an exposure of another problem somewhere down the chain)

^this is all just hypothesizing and not to be taken as gospel

Fei

We're talking about Darcy Regier here. It's probably Miller for Couturier and their 1st and 2nd. Prepare to be fleeced!

Unfortunately that's as much skill as Regier seems to have.

I think they lost my beta request

sadface

half the reason i bought a surface pro was because i didn't have windows 8 which is needed for project spark.

Well it is pushed back to early November, every time you go to the sign up site and you put the same e-mail address in, it just says thanks and we will get back with you. Invites will be sent out probably right around the time it launches.

Talking heads have to realise by now that constantly mentioning someones name in trades will be frustrating for the player.

Phillys Bobby Ryan.

The real question is whether or not they give a shit. More people quoting them, more people reading their blogs or watching their segments keeps them in the limelight. Less of a chance for them to have this scenario play out in their lives:

I'd say they're willing to fuck with a few people's sense of security to avoid it.

Burrows back tonight, will play with Santorelli and Higgins on the second line.

Schroeder had surgery, out 2 months.
Hansen and Weise out 3-4 weeks.
Booth out 1-2 weeks.

Canucks will be fully healthy by January.

Solo

I'm pretty much resigned to not seeing any Habs games until mid-December outside of Saturdays or when TSN gets a game. Feels bad, man.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
How much and can you watch it on anything?
$109 for a calendar year, all leagues, every event hockey related including the Olympics, draft, etc. it works on laptops, mobiles and you can stream through your xbox. I haven't been able to do the xbox stream, but someone else here might have. My laptop is too shitty to stream it to my xbox. Also every game is archived right after the game is finished and can be watched at any time.

Edit: all HD streams in 60 FPS too

Top Bottom