• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So I've only played ME1 and like the beginning of ME2 but man I loved the fuck outta ME1.

Also just to be safe cause I know people flip the fuck out...spoilers regarding the start of ME2:

As I got near the end of ME1 I had a few friends demand that I immediately pop in ME2 once I beat it but wouldn't tell me why...then Shepard dies! I can't imagine how people felt when the game first came out but wow.

Pikma

Banned
I've always wanted to play the whole ME trilogy, only played 2 but didn't even finish it, it was decent though. Too bad one of my PS3 controllers is broken and my bro took/stole the other one.

Quick

Banned
Both my PS3 controllers decided not to work anymore (dead battery) and I had to buy a new one.

I was able to trade both in at EB Games, though.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Now imagine all the choices you made from the first game amount to nothing. I would have gotten past the choices not mattering (probably) if the actual ending wasn't so fucking stupid. Plus I was irrationally pissed that I couldn't import my Sheppard from ME1 and ME2 into 3. What the fuck. Made me feel like I wasn't even playing my Sheppard.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Now imagine all the choices you made from the first game amount to nothing. I would have gotten past the choices not mattering (probably) if the actual ending wasn't so fucking stupid. Plus I was irrationally pissed that I couldn't import my Sheppard from ME1 and ME2 into 3. What the fuck. Made me feel like I wasn't even playing my Sheppard.

Is that still a thing?

Because goddamn I refuse to go forward without my blonde femshep!

Quick

Banned

Whoah, what? I'm assuming this is an Xbox 360 issue and not a PS3 one? Because that's a huge issue if it's on all platforms.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Is that still a thing?

Because goddamn I refuse to go forward without my blonde femshep!

If you made some changes to your Shepard in ME2, it imported fine. But if you didn't make any changes you couldn't import your Shepard. I don't know if this is still true but for a series that made such a big deal about your choices it's pretty stupid that you couldn't import your Shepard (your saved game imports fine).

Whoah, what? I'm assuming this is an Xbox 360 issue and not a PS3 one? Because that's a huge issue if it's on all platforms.

Yeah, it was on 360. Your saved game (choices etc) imports fine, just not your custom Shepard if you hadn't made any changes to it since the first game.

gaming_noob

HFboards says Darren Dreger said the Leafs are open to trading their 4th overall pick for Leon Draisaitl because the Coyotes have indicated they're drafting Dylan Strome. Did anyone else hear this?

McDavid + Hanifin.... wtf the Oilers will be unstoppable in a couple of years.

Samyy

HFboards says Darren Dreger said the Leafs are open to trading their 4th overall pick for Leon Draisaitl because the Coyotes have indicated they're drafting Dylan Strome. Did anyone else hear this?

Dreger knows shit

zroid

Banned
CDFyk2tUkAAq5zD.png

Nonis and Burke were such tools

Curufinwe

I know the Leafs need a big center but I think Marner is a better player than Draisaitl.

calder

I'm not going to lie, I thought it would be dank and smelly in here, but it's not so bad! We could make this work!

*edges towards couch*

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
So I've only played ME1 and like the beginning of ME2 but man I loved the fuck outta ME1.

Also just to be safe cause I know people flip the fuck out...spoilers regarding the start of ME2:

As I got near the end of ME1 I had a few friends demand that I immediately pop in ME2 once I beat it but wouldn't tell me why...then Shepard dies! I can't imagine how people felt when the game first came out but wow.

ME1 was fucking amazing. Best game of last gen IMO

They talked about the beginning of Mass Effect 2 pre-release, so it wasn't really a surprise when it happened. Mass Effect 1 is my personal favorite, I loved the uncharted worlds with the Mako, it actually gave you a feeling you were exploring a vast cosmos. Mass Effect 2 is exceptional as well, the tighter gamepaly was an upgrade and the atmosphere is great, like gritty 80's sci-fi. 3 is far too linear in combat design and the way in which you can approach missions, though I still enjoyed it, especially the Citadel DLC. If you haven't, definitely get the story DLC for the games, it's all pretty good.

gaming_noob

I know the Leafs need a big center but I think Marner is a better player than Draisaitl.

Maple Leafs assistant GM Kyle Dubas was on SportsNet 590 yesterday and when asked who comes after McDavid and Eichel has said Hanifin, Strome, Crouse, Marner, Zacha, Barzal, Provorov (in that order).

Looks like if the Coyotes picks Strome, Leafs are going after Hanifin. Crouse if they were picking 5th overall -_-

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

Maple Leafs assistant GM Kyle Dubas was on SportsNet 590 yesterday and when asked who comes after McDavid and Eichel has said Hanifin, Strome, Crouse, Marner, Zacha, Barzal, Provorov (in that order).

Looks like if the Coyotes picks Strome, Leafs are going after Hanifin. Crouse if they were picking 5th overall -_-

If we end up picking crouse ;_;

It's going to be Biggs all over again. He doesn't even deserve to be top 10

On PS3, I used the ME1 comic to generate my Vandershep in ME2, and then had no issues importing that chump into ME3.

I love the ME series. Enough that I have completely blocked out ME3's ending from memory-lalalalalalaalalalala. Just like I did to Sundin's 'alleged' s/o winner against the Leafs.

I'm praying/hoping/rain-dancing that Dubas is just talking out of his ass here. I don't know why you'd reveal your team building strategies to the public.

OR

Hanifin really is 'as good' as McDavid and Eichel and I'm just too short-sighted to see beyond the Leafs massive holes in forward depth.

OR

Dubas and co. see the future Cs as Kadri, Nylander, Veralphabets and Gauthier?

Samyy

you guys seriously think hes giving you his actual ranking on a damn radio show?
He just stated players in the next group as potential targets from 3-10 , relax.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
you guys seriously think hes giving you his actual ranking on a damn radio show?
He just stated players in the next group as potential targets from 3-10 , relax.

You're probably right, the actual Leafs wish list has Crouse right after McEichel ;)

Sammy, it's the Leafs. We don't have any reason to expect sensibility from this org yet.

zroid

Banned

yeah there was not any indication whatsoever that he was ranking them

gaming noob stop bringing your HFBoards crackpot theories here! :mad:

McDavid for

TOR and NSH 1st this year
TOR 1st next year
James Reimer (Instantly becomes their starter and can be bros with Scrivens again)
Dion Phaneuf (Hometown boy and can easily be their best dman)
Peter Granberg (good d prospect)

Edmonton uses Toronto's pick to draft Hanifin

Boom. Just rebuilt the Oilers. Everyone wins.

McDavid for

TOR and NSH 1st this year
TOR 1st next year
James Reimer (Instantly becomes their starter and can be bros with Scrivens again)
Dion Phaneuf (Hometown boy and can easily be their best dman)
Peter Granberg (good d prospect)

Edmonton uses Toronto's pick to draft Hanifin

Boom. Just rebuilt the Oilers. Everyone wins.

McDavid's career would still be in the toilet tho

Yawnier

Banned

I don't trust the coyotes to take Strome. Marner will be as good as gone when the leafs pick.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Dubas and co. see the future Cs as Kadri, Nylander, Veralphabets and Gauthier?

His name is Vajayjay.

So talking real, while I am fairly certain Freddie the Goat probably will bust spectacularly a part of me is really rooting for him to become a solid player for the Leafs. He gets shit on so hard because of where we took him.

But Tyler Biggs...shit on my friends, shit on.

zroid

Banned
His name is Vajayjay.

So talking real, while I am fairly certain Freddie the Goat probably will bust spectacularly a part of me is really rooting for him to become a solid player for the Leafs. He gets shit on so hard because of where we took him.

But Tyler Biggs...shit on my friends, shit on.

the Goat showed some signs of promise this year, but it's his draft+2 so who knows if that will translate to pro. Hope he can be impactful on the Marlies next season.

Samyy

I just like how Dubas took a direct shot at Biggs/Gauthier selections and you guys still think they're going to potentially take Crouse at 4 >.>

zroid

Banned
Leafs lunch had Strome on the show?
Just setting up the city for another disappointment then?

Yah. and B&W had him on last week I think.

I dunno why Marner's not getting much attention from the radio crowd. Strome's McDavid's teammate and a Mississauga kid so it's natural, but Marner's from Thornhill himself!

Samyy

I dunno why Marner's not getting much attention from the radio crowd. Strome's McDavid's teammate and a Mississauga kid so it's natural, but Marner's from Thornhill himself!

Because he's not a 6'3 centre duh
You should read some comments on twitter/facebook/etc regarding Marner, people are hoping the Leafs don't take him!

It's probably just because Strome's agent is organizing all this. Marner, iirc, got a pretty bad concussion just a couple weeks ago, so his group is probably refusing all media spots until he's recovered.

Samyy

It's probably just because Strome's agent is organizing all this. Marner, iirc, got a pretty bad concussion just a couple weeks ago, so his group is probably refusing all media spots until he's recovered.

No Marner is cleared for contact/training would have been back for game 5, posted that combine training is well underway. Apparently it wasn't/couldn't be a concussion, it would have been only 7 days since the injury, probably neck soreness/hard time turning his head.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Nothing beats the way Leafs-GAF year after year talks their to-be-drafted-guys into the statistical ground

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
It's the hope season!

BUT THIS GUY HAD TWO MORE POINTS IN THE OHL THAN THIS GUY IN THE QMJHL AND LIKE 2% LESS CORSI THAT STATISTICALLY MAKES HIM 1.37% BETTER REPEATING OF COURSE SO WE PROJECT HIM TO BE A 2ND LINE PLAYER IN HIS THIRD YEAR HE'LL GET 5 MORE HITS THAN THE OTHER GUY CLEARLY THE BETTER DRAFT PICK

Merguson

Banned
Dubas gonna whisper into Gauthier's ear when Gauthier goes to the Marlies and say "be free my son, be free from the dave poulin shackles, from your 3rd line centre destiny" and then the AHL domination will begin.. then the NHL domination.

Just you wait and see.

BUT THIS GUY HAD TWO MORE POINTS IN THE OHL THAN THIS GUY IN THE QMJHL AND LIKE 2% LESS CORSI THAT STATISTICALLY MAKES HIM 1.37% BETTER REPEATING OF COURSE SO WE PROJECT HIM TO BE A 2ND LINE PLAYER IN HIS THIRD YEAR HE'LL GET 5 MORE HITS THAN THE OTHER GUY CLEARLY THE BETTER DRAFT PICK

Whatever! You shouldn't even be in here yet.

Syrinx

I'm scared that Marner will be the one available at 5 for the Canes.

Not because I don't like him, but he seems like the guy most likely to get passed up on to reach for somebody not as good.

Merguson

Banned
Rob Ford says the Leafs need to hang onto Zach Sill and Eric Brewer. He also said Mike Babcock should be the new GM.. and Mike Keenan the coach.

Ford pls

Top Bottom