• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT2| What are the Odds of Hockey in Vegas?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
On top of Cody Franson and possibly Christian Ehrhoff, Bruins also kicking tires on veteran PP man Marek Zidlicky.
Surprising that both Franson and Ehrhoff are out there.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Baseball is absolutely terrible. I have grown to despise the MLB over the past few years. It's borderline unwatchable.

Incredibly boring, slow-paced games. Pitchers take way too long in between pitches. Don't even get me started on the ridiculousness of "unwritten rules," where batters can't celebrate home runs or they'll get hit in the face next at-bat.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I don't agree with your analysis, but then again I get to watch Michael Trout every night.

Trout is a once in a generation type player. However, baseball's problem is that you only see him about 1/9th of the game.

Samyy said:
Or where NHL players score goals and can't celebrate or get ripped apart in the media the next day?

Not even in the same league of comparison. One causes physical injury which can have a major effect on the game, one is a passive remark that nobody really cares about.

Quick

Banned
Not even in the same league of comparison. One causes physical injury which can have a major effect on the game, one is a passive remark that nobody really cares about.

If the MLB is king of stupid unwritten rules, then the NHL is the prince.

The NHL isn't above idiots who attack players celebrating goals either.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Trout is a once in a generation type player. However, baseball's problem is that you only see him about 1/9th of the game.

I see where you're coming from for sure, and it's why I have a tough time transitioning to watching baseball as the hockey season ends. But once the hockey is out of my system, I get into the baseball groove and have just as much fun... But it's a different kind of experience.

Quick

Banned
I see where you're coming from for sure, and it's why I have a tough time transitioning to watching baseball as the hockey season ends. But once the hockey is out of my system, I get into the baseball groove and have just as much fun... But it's a different kind of experience.

This is pretty much how my friends and I transition into baseball season. It's a little easier to jump into Jays baseball because Leafs season ends as the baseball season starts. :(

zroid

Banned
Tulo killing it out there tonight

Hope is back! Go Jays!

That homer was fucking crushed. Loved it.

Now the Jays long term plan of winning all games 10-8 can come to fruition. AA is a genius again!

tumblr_mwmo7pj8G01qewacoo1_400.gif

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
The first couple hours of Windows 10 for me:

"Windows can't activate. Try again later."
*clicks activate*
*clicks activate*
*clicks activate*
*clicks activate*
*clicks activate*

I've got you beat:

fEorLeo.png

Quick

Banned
I'm currently listening to Magnifique by Ratatat. Shit is pretty good.

I only knew them from Kid Cudi's song previously.

Stasis

Been on windows 10 insider for a while now. Very few issues/crashes. Smooth experience with low memory usage. Pretty lightweight, super customizable. I liked 7, but I'm sticking with 10.

Plinko

Youre thinking of soccer and the NFL.

NFL is much more interesting. Every play involves tons of strategy and planning. There are 22 moving pieces at play every time, along with the coaching. Everyone has to play well because if one doesn't, play gets blown up.

Baseball has the pitcher, catcher, base coaches, and batter involved each pitch. Nowhere near the strategy or complexity involved. Everyone else basically stands there. Even soccer has more moving pieces.

Cake Boss

Banned
Tried to download the EASHL beta.

Get a 2GB console update

then a

21GB title update on NHL 15 which allows you to get the beta.

:lol consoles.

Just fucking release this on PC already so I can finally throw my system out.

imBask

Banned

Get a 2GB console update

then a

you'd have to install Origin to play

no game is worth installing Origin

Man, Fox Sports makes it sound like Mike Smith is a man living in perennial fear of being abandoned by coaches.

Whenever the possibility of Burke leaving the organization was raised, Smith's eyes widened with fear.
Those fears were realized when Burke left his post as Coyotes goalie coach and assistant to the general manager on June 30.

But, never fear says Fox Sports. Here comes Jon Elkin to save the day!

So, guess this Elkin character was Smith's when he was 12. Hmmm.

But hey, at least the guy's got a detailed, analytical approach to Smith's troubles

"It's not like Mike's a total mess here," Elkin said. "Sean's approach is very simple, which is good. You want to keep things simpler.
"There's not going to be a lot of changes. What there will be is staying on top of the little things like movement and fundamentals and technical stuff."

Shit.

But at least dude is racking up the frequent flyer miles

Elkin estimates he will spend 18-20 days each month in the Valley working with Smith. On the other days, when there is limited practice time during the grind of the season, he will remain based in Toronto, where he will watch tape of the games and send his analysis to Smith and the coaching staff.

Welp, the Coyotes have Smith under contract for four more years, so probably longer than Arizona will have the Coyotes. Hope they can get him figured out.

are you in the quebec province? we're all stuck in the same boat it seems

Oh. You're from Quebec. That explains so very much.

Sanjuro

Get a 2GB console update

then a

I still have no idea why they are requiring NHL 15, seeing how a healthy junk of people specifically didn't buy the game because of the removal of the feature.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Speaking of Quebec, you guys should hear the way the actual French, specifically Parisians, talk about them. It makes that epic Vancouver vs Calgary flame war a few months back look like child's play.

Speaking of Quebec, you guys should hear the way the actual French, specifically Parisians, talk about them. It makes that epic Vancouver vs Calgary flame war a few months back look like child's play.

That was a fun time seeing Calgary vs Vancouver

I hope it happens again next season In the playoffs

Also
@renlavoietva: #bruins GM Don Sweeney mentioned that he is talking with Marek Zidlicky.

imBask

Banned
we know the French don't like our version of the language but most of us don't care. We embrace our accent/slang

m'en colisse

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Kylie Jenner is celebrating her birthday in Montreal. One of the Gallys needs go get on that.

Top Bottom