• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2016 |OT| Clear Eyes, Full Salt, Will Lose

zroid

Banned
*grimace*

5cd9875dfc3d4c6c98fd3b4e08ac420d.png

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
There's no way they do. Pittsburgh's forecheck is something Cooper hasn't had an answer for and you can bet they'll keep coming. Unless last game where they built a lead and started defending.
They easily could, they have the fire power and skill to do so. Pens have show their tendencies to blow leads in this series, game is far from over.

Futureman

dammmmn could be 4-1 right now.

Bolts averaging even less shots per period right now than Game 6 after 2 period (5.5 vs. 5).

Bury a couple goals Sid.

calder

Tampa can look at it as they were completely destroyed in that period and it's a gift they are only down one goal, so they have a real shot in the third. Pens should be up by 3 right now.

a916

They easily could, they have the fire power and skill to do so. Pens have show their tendencies to blow leads in this series, game is far from over.

They can except they won't because their gameplan is so flawed. For a team that plays agressive and stands up on the blueline, they laid out the red carpet for the first Rust goal. This is a fast team that's afraid to play fast. The Penguins forecheck has neutered the Lightning.

Their forecheck has the entire team backing up (giving up the blueline) and not going in deep (constantly see Penguins overload puck carrier and Tampa won't send another guy in because they are afraid of transition) and unforced turnovers (because Pittsburgh is closing the gap so quickly).

Red_Man

CjbYipUWsAYA1qU.jpg:large

That's probably why Vasilevskiy has been having tantrums

They can except they won't because their gameplan is so flawed. For a team that plays agressive and stands up on the blueline, they laid out the red carpet for the first Rust goal. This is a fast team that's afraid to play fast. The Penguins forecheck has neutered the Lightning.

Their forecheck has the entire team backing up (giving up the blueline) and not going in deep (constantly see Penguins overload puck carrier and Tampa won't send another guy in because they are afraid of transition) and unforced turnovers (because Pittsburgh is closing the gap so quickly).
Sure, but they've shown that they can push the pace, and they have the talent where all they need is one shift of Johnson's line out against the Pens bottom D and this is tied easily, just look at the Drouin goal. Counting out Tampa only down one goal is silly, we've seen how many times teams crush other teams and have nothing to show for it and it ends up biting them in the ass later.

Alucard

Banned
Given that it's so close, I imagine the Pens will keep their foot on the gas. I hope so. I'm also worried about Tampa waking up like they've done at random parts of this series.

a916

I see Tampa getting at least a dozen shots off in the third. They must feel like shit with only 10 through 2 periods.

For someone's season on the line, it's shocking to see them being pushed over effortlessly (what seems effortlessly, let's not count out what Pittsburgh has done)

Red_Man

This is usually where score effects will start playing a role. Pens have the edge of having so many veterans who've won a cup over a relatively younger Tampa team.

Alucard

Banned
For someone's season on the line, it's shocking to see them being pushed over effortlessly (what seems effortlessly, let's not count out what Pittsburgh has done)

I'm very pleased with how the Pens have played through two periods so far. They should be up 4-1. Vasi is the only reason the Bolts still have a chance in this game.

Red_Man

Pretty ironic how in their most important game of the year, Drouin is one of the only guys to show up.

Red_Man

From Mirtle

Penguins save percentage in this series: .896. Tough to win like that in conference final but they might pull it off.

A testament to how dominant the Pens have been

Top Bottom