• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni No Kuni Collector's Edition for EU/NA [failure level well beyond critical mass]

PokéKong

After a couple disgruntled replied I sent to the original Digital River statement email, I got a response today from a representative confirming I am 100% definitely royally screwed out of the WE.

We apologize for any confusion. Unfortunately the email below confirms
that your order was placed after the stock had been depleted. Before
sending out this email we made sure to double check all of our records
and we paid attention to when each other was placed. We understand this
is disappointing, but unfortunately we do not have further stock
available and are unable to fulfill your order.
For reference: The time on my order confirmation email was 6 minutes after the "restock" pre-order period on the 17th opened.

Takuya

Banned
PokéKong;46898560 said:
After a couple disgruntled replied I sent to the original Digital River statement email, I got a response today from a representative confirming I am 100% definitely royally screwed out of the WE.

For reference: The time on my order confirmation email was 6 minutes after the "restock" pre-order period on the 17th opened.

Before
sending out this email we made sure to double check all of our records
and we paid attention to when each other was placed.

lol! Each "other". Nice DR.

Lucent

PokéKong;46898560 said:

Yeah I think they're bad handling of everything didn't help. Especially when they screwed up with that priority link that got leaked.

Haven't seen any Canadians posting in the last few pages but has anyone received their WE yet who can comment on UPS fees? Mine is scheduled for the 30th according to ups tracking, fingers crossed that I don't have to pay extra.

Somewhat related but I received the prima hardcover guide today and it's a monster, beautiful guide.

Takuya

Banned
Haven't seen any Canadians posting in the last few pages but has anyone received their WE yet who can comment on UPS fees? Mine is scheduled for the 30th according to ups tracking, fingers crossed that I don't have to pay extra.

Somewhat related but I received the prima hardcover guide today and it's a monster, beautiful guide.

Digital River took care of the brokerage fee.

Hana-Bi

Tales of Xillia DLC from Japan PSN will work for the Japan version of the game no matter what account you're logged into.

Tales of Xillia DLC from Japan PSN will not work for the North American version of the game no matter what account you're logged into.

So for Ni No Kuni, if you have European DLC it will work on the European version of the game even if you're logged into a USA account. But if you have a North American version of the game, the DLC likely will not work no matter what you're logged into.

But I don't think anyone is talking about getting the German CE and using the DLC code and then buying a North American version of the game to play?

I think some problems could arise if there will be some payable dlcs later on. You have to buy those dlcs from the EU PSN store...

So what options are left to get a Ni No Kuni CE that doesn't involve buying it on ebay?

Normally, I'd flip through all the pages but had a long day at work and would appreciate if someone could update me on the situation and thank you in advance!!

brainpann

So what options are left to get a Ni No Kuni CE that doesn't involve buying it on ebay?

Normally, I'd flip through all the pages but had a long day at work and would appreciate if someone could update me on the situation and thank you in advance!!

You can get the Euro WE from Amazon.de. It comes out to about $110.00 with shipping.

If you're looking for the NA Wizard's Edition... you won't find any except via private sellers now.

Some have ordered the EU version from Amazon Germany though.

malfcn

This sums up the responses to customers, you never know what you are going to get:

bNtUaaQ.gif

Peagles

You could, but for my copy of Anarchy Reigns I just ordered from 365games, who ship directly to the US.

(They don't have the Wizard's Edition, though...)

They did, but it sold out. I posted it in this thread a few weeks ago.

That doesn't help now I know but they do get special editions in.

Quadratic

The link last night was never meant for public use--it was meant for a group of people who had been informed they'd have a chance to reorder. They were supposed to call Customer Service, who'd send them the link... Until one of them posted it online and it became a free-for-all. Since orders placed with that were supposed to be orders with special priority over late orders, they got bumped ahead of the ones waiting in the normal pool.

Basically Digital River has to be running one of the most poorly put together software packages of all time to allow this to happen, and didn't want to manually review all the orders to make sure they were placed by people who should actually have been able to order a copy.

This is what happened to my order. I was one of the preorders back in the summer and I was told I can change my billing information and reorder. Then the link got into the wild and my reserved copy was sold to someone else who happened to come across the link before Digital River could send it to me. It's a sad situation really. I can't even use the $20 off coupon for Ni No Kuni because it's sold out on the club Namco site! They're still giving people a glimmer of hope because my email said that since I was one of the original preorders they will notify me if there's stock. Yeah right...

chidrock

Going on a road a road trip to buy one off an ebayer against my better judgment for a host of reasons. Wish me luck gaf...I will return with results. (hopefully)

Wereroku

Yeah very unlikely most LE's are not that limited the only ones I am familiar with are working designs games and those i don't think ever got reprints. My guess is we may get a copy of the game cheaper and the dlc's free but who knows.

reson8or

What are the chances of a reprint? Has there ever been one for a limited edition game before?

I'd think it depends on how much of a PR nightmare NB perceives this to be, and what it costs them to re-start the presses, so to speak.

Personally I doubt it will happen, but hope that NB makes some sort of official statement about this mess other than Digital River's system error.

Oh I got mine delivered just a few moments ago. People had theirs missing stuff, think mine had everything.

oh crap, more worries!!!!

Congratulations! I'm glad to see that you were successful in your order!

It's bad enough to see those who ordered during the re-stock getting their orders cancelled, everyone who pre-ordered last year during the initial sales [like I did] should absolutely have their order filled. There's no reason for them not to be.

There's still hope, people!

thanks, some had their orders wrongly cancelled and reallocated for the new orders. it's a bloody mess.

chrono01

finally, shipped with tracking!

Congratulations! I'm glad to see that you were successful in your order!

It's bad enough to see those who ordered during the re-stock getting their orders cancelled, everyone who pre-ordered last year during the initial sales [like I did] should absolutely have their order filled. There's no reason for them not to be.

There's still hope, people!

I'm still a bit curious as to why Canadian shipments weigh more than those in the US. Perhaps different packing material? It'd be a nice surprise to see a Regular Edition/Steelcase packaged in for the trouble, but I doubt that will happen. It's fine, though. As long as I receive my Wizard's Edition [in one piece] I'm happy.

frequency

I'm still a bit curious as to why Canadian shipments weigh more than those in the US. Perhaps different packing material? It'd be a nice surprise to see a Regular Edition/Steelcase packaged in for the trouble, but I doubt that will happen.

Maybe better packaging because it has to go further. The American packaging is in a box just a little bit bigger than the Wizard Edition box with a little bit of foam. It sounds very easy to be crushed.

Or for customs papers in the plastic bag they stick to the side of the box?

chrono01

Or for customs papers in the plastic bag they stick to the side of the box?

Ah, thanks! That's probably it. I get quite a few shipments Internationally [mostly from Japan], and sometimes those customs documents can be heavy! I'm guessing that's definitely the issue.

Nice thinking!

Kyon

Banned
So I guess they really did just give me a free WE even though I paid o_O the charge is still not there anymore.

Mine got delivered at home but I'm at work until tomorrow morning. Looking at this until tomorrow will have to tide me over.

At least my wife can bring it in the house. :p

OMG I'm in O town and mine arrives Monday ;__;

Rubius

I tried to order from Amazon.de.
I find it really funny that Namco charge me 28$ to go from the US to Canada, but Amazon.de charge me 8$.
What.
We will see, my order will probably be cancelled too.

Alex

Mine got delivered at home but I'm at work until tomorrow morning. Looking at this until tomorrow will have to tide me over.

At least my wife can bring it in the house. :p

"X - Package has been stolen from front porch and sold on eBay for 399.99"

Top Bottom