• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni No Kuni Collector's Edition for EU/NA [failure level well beyond critical mass]

Rootbeer

Banned
Order it from Amazon.com. It's much cheaper there:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/030789598X/?tag=neogaf0e-20

If you pre-order the guide and the game together on amazon you get another 5% off... paltry but hey it's something :) And don't forget the guide has a bonus DLC familiar, guys. Free stuff!

Crossing my fingers for some last minute CE to become available in the USA (amazon? please come through!)

Slightly OT... anyone know if Gamestop still does not price match? :/

madhtr

Well they must have changed something... including the limit of 1 per person, because someone on eBay has sold nearly 150 and still has more coming... apparently directly from Namco.

Maybe they have a bunch of friends? Used different contact info? Who knows... They might not have even checked that info. :/

Peagles

Maybe they have a bunch of friends? Used different contact info? Who knows... They might not have even checked that info. :/

Indeed, tis a mystery! Pretty sad when there are people out there who would still gladly preorder (like me).

Again if anyone doesn't want their US order, get in touch! I'd rather reward a gaf member than a stinky eBay scalper!

Did you order it through Namco Bandai's NA site? The site says there's a limit, in any case.

Ya, I ordered through them. And I just checked and my order still says 2. I had no reason to try higher than that though. It's all one order too, not two separate orders or anything.

Lucent

I wish I knew how they were shipping these. I am moving to another apartment in the same apartment complex (3 bedroom instead of two and washer/dryer hookups) in February and I'm hoping they don't take too long to ship these out. If it's through UPS it's not a big deal because UPS usually leaves them at the apartment office building if nobody answers and I could pick it up there. But if it's anybody else I don't know.

madhtr

I love how trying to view your invoice on Namco's site brings up an error. All their site tells you is that it ships after the release date... Rather frustrating.

Lucent

I love how trying to view your invoice on Namco's site brings up an error. All their site tells you is that it ships after the release date... Rather frustrating.

Yeah same. Every time I try it it give me the same error. Good job having a link that does nothing guys. =l

I understand the printing to order thing, but geez. Need a better service. Not being allowed to change shipping address and stuff on the site itself when the game wasn't due for another 6-7 months is crazy.

LadyRiven

Uhhhhhhh, you're like half a year late. It hasn't been available for ages.

That's a bit of an exaggeration as I saw it still available to order a couple of months ago at least. Anyway, I only wanted the book and don't care about the plush toys so I will be fine with the normal edition.

I wish I knew how they were shipping these. I am moving to another apartment in the same apartment complex (3 bedroom instead of two and washer/dryer hookups) in February and I'm hoping they don't take too long to ship these out. If it's through UPS it's not a big deal because UPS usually leaves them at the apartment office building if nobody answers and I could pick it up there. But if it's anybody else I don't know.

I wish the original order email had said what type of shipping I had even selected :/ I cant think back to June.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I wonder when the shipments will arrive for Canadian orders. Oh well at least MGR demo is out on the 22nd (._. )

C-Jo

So I called Namco/Digital River today and managed to get my billing information changed. It required a 13 minute long distance call, but it was relatively painless otherwise. From what the guy told me, they've created a process specifically for people trying to billing information for Ni no Kuni orders. If you're procrastinating like I was, call them up.

Oh, and I got the confirmation email for the new order as well as the cancellation for the old one within seconds of hanging up.

So I called Namco/Digital River today and managed to get my billing information changed. It required a 13 minute long distance call, but it was relatively painless otherwise. From what the guy told me, they've created a process specifically for people trying to billing information for Ni no Kuni orders. If you're procrastinating like I was, call them up.

Oh, and I got the confirmation email for the new order as well as the cancellation for the old one within seconds of hanging up.

What's their number? I can't find it anywhere.

zeopower6

Yeah same. Every time I try it it give me the same error. Good job having a link that does nothing guys. =l

I understand the printing to order thing, but geez. Need a better service. Not being allowed to change shipping address and stuff on the site itself when the game wasn't due for another 6-7 months is crazy.

Use http://findmyorder.com/ to find your invoice. Unfortunately, Namco's store site is HORRIBLE. But if you click to see your invoice via FindMyOrder, you'll be fine.

Also if anyone wants to get 5% off the game/guide, if you order both at Amazon, you get the discount.

LiK

Namco store aka Digital River is so bad. Make an account but you can't look up your order easily in said account.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Well they must have changed something... including the limit of 1 per person, because someone on eBay has sold nearly 150 and still has more coming... apparently directly from Namco.

This is the seller I placed my order from I think, lol. Yeah, no idea how they managed to get 150+ copies of the Wizard's Edition. Seems crazy. Managed to hop in early and grab it for a bit over what it normally costs.

Gave them a call to see what credit card would be charged for the order. They said that my account was already updated with my newest expiry info (I added it online, but wasn't sure if it would stick). She said the order shouldn't have any problems. We'll see...

Peagles

This is the seller I placed my order from I think, lol. Yeah, no idea how they managed to get 150+ copies of the Wizard's Edition. Seems crazy. Managed to hop in early and grab it for a bit over what it normally costs.

Lucky!

I'm so sick of companies allowing such blatant scalping of their products though :/

Lucky!

I'm so sick of companies allowing such blatant scalping of their products though :/

Eh, I don't see a problem in this case. There wasn't a hard number that was limited, it was the period of time it was offered that was so that's sort of irrelevant. If it said only 50,000 copies were available or something then it's messed up. If they say it's only available until september then you're not negatively affected by someone buying 1,000 copies. It's probably the only thing that was nice about how they handled the preorders.

Peagles

Eh, I don't see a problem in this case. There wasn't a hard number that was limited, it was the period of time it was offered that was so that's sort of irrelevant. If it said only 50,000 copies were available or something then it's messed up. If they say it's only available until september then you're not negatively affected by someone buying 1,000 copies. It's probably the only thing that was nice about how they handled the preorders.

Eh, any time I checked the page, it said maximum order quantity of 1. I think that's fair enough, heck maybe even make it 2 per person. Selling one person 150+ to scalp is not cool in my books.

Eh, any time I checked the page, it said maximum order quantity of 1. I think that's fair enough, heck maybe even make it 2 per person. Selling one person 150+ to scalp is not cool in my books.

Ya, but why does what the order minimum matter? It's not affecting your order in any way at all. Again, it was done for a length of time not a set quantity like how 99% of other preorders are handled. Whether someone buys 1 or 1 million it has no negative impact on you in the least.

Peagles

Ya, but why does what the order minimum matter? It's not affecting your order in any way at all. Again, it was done for a length of time not a set quantity like how 99% of other preorders are handled. Whether someone buys 1 or 1 million it has no negative impact on you in the least.

Oh it's not a personal thing about my own order, heck I couldn't even make an order there because I have a US shipping address but not a US billing address and they wouldn't allow it.

I just despise scalpers, lol.

madhtr

Check your order status, most of us say it's being fulfilled later than the 22nd.

Well, it says it will ship after 1/22/13, but it doesn't say when you'll be charged or anything.... They really don't give much information at all... Even invoices can't be viewed, as clicking the link always provides an error.

Well, it says it will ship after 1/22/13, but it doesn't say when you'll be charged or anything.... They really don't give much information at all... Even invoices can't be viewed, as clicking the link always provides an error.

Well I was more responding to the second part of his question asking if digital river is bad at shipping on time.

madhtr

Oh, I forgot to mention that when I picked up DmC today, I asked about the steelbook, and was told I had to wait until I picked up the game. This was at a store where I used to work and am still good friends with the manager, so it doesn't bother me at all, but just thought I'd mention that apparently this is the protocol stores are supposed to be following for these, so I recommend calling about the cases first, if you decide to try to get it early.

Rootbeer

Banned
Wizard Edition Re-Stock TOMORROW!

SUPER SPECIAL NEWS!!!

Wizards Edition Re-stock available 1/17/2013 on ClubNamco !

We have last-minute stock of Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch that will be available to fans on http://bit.ly/UIm52U. So if you missed it the first time around, this is your last chance!

source: https://www.facebook.com/ninokunigame

*edit* oops forgot to subscribe to the OT, well I hope SOMEONE sees this and didn't know :p

Cheska

Oh, I forgot to mention that when I picked up DmC today, I asked about the steelbook, and was told I had to wait until I picked up the game. This was at a store where I used to work and am still good friends with the manager, so it doesn't bother me at all, but just thought I'd mention that apparently this is the protocol stores are supposed to be following for these, so I recommend calling about the cases first, if you decide to try to get it early.

Yep, they said the same thing to me yesterday. Apparently an email was sent out discouraging anyone from handing out the steelbooks early since the demand seems to be pretty high and the cutoff to get one was a few days ago.

I just tried to check my order on their site and I'm getting a message that no order number was found. WTF is this?! I used Paypal, so there should be no problems getting funds since it is also tied to my credit card. I checked my paypal and it is showing that I was charged and I do not have a refund of that amount. What the hell is going on?

Peagles

Wizard Edition Re-Stock TOMORROW!

source: https://www.facebook.com/ninokunigame

*edit* oops forgot to subscribe to the OT, well I hope SOMEONE sees this and didn't know :p

Could someone in the US please please please help me to order one of these? I'd be forever grateful and I have a US address that I will pay for you to ship it to! You might even be able to enter my US address at the checkout, I just can't do it myself because my credit card doesn't have a US billing address!

I'm also happy to send you back some NZ goodies too in exchange for helping me out! :p

Top Bottom