• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni No Kuni Collector's Edition for EU/NA [failure level well beyond critical mass]

Eusis

The gold coin, artwork cards, and music CD are definitely new additions. Will previous orders have those included? That'd be some bullshit if not.
Does pushes it to no brainer anyway, if the overworld theme is on the music CD that alone justifies it. Hell, it could just be ten tracks of it over and over and it'd still be worth it.

Any idea what time the restock is going to happen? I don't want to miss this. Been looking for one that slipped through the cracks for a long time now.

Otheradam

I just called the number to get my billing info updated and what they did was cancel my old order and made a new one.... They did require my password and it took about 10 minutes.

zeopower6

Keep in mind that the soundtrack CD is a soundtrack selection CD (like a sampler) so it may not have some tracks that you may expect to be on there. With that said, I think the battle/field music are likely.

Could someone in the US please please please help me to order one of these? I'd be forever grateful and I have a US address that I will pay for you to ship it to! You might even be able to enter my US address at the checkout, I just can't do it myself because my credit card doesn't have a US billing address!

I'm also happy to send you back some NZ goodies too in exchange for helping me out! :p
I'd love to help you out, if for no other reason than your Lin Beifong avi, but are we allowed to order more than one copy per household?

Peagles

I'd love to help you out, if for no other reason than your Lin Beifong avi, but are we allowed to order more than one copy per household?

I'm honestly not sure. It says one per order (I'm guessing you could make two separate orders and I'd be more than happy to pay the extra shipping fees) but people here said they were able to order more than one originally with no issue.

I'd be so super grateful though!
Fuck yeah Lin Beifong!

Ricker

Damn,I ordered mine at Gamestop with the Steelbook...too bad you cant get all the WZ edition stuff without the game at a lower price lol...

lynguist

Neo Member
Wow, I'm excited and hyped over this game! I haven't felt this for a long time; now I'm looking forward to play a console JRPG for the first time since the PS2 days! This might be the first game I'll preorder!

I just player the demo and I'm unsure about the voices. I kinda liked both the Japanese and the English dub, and I don't understand why people were complaining about the Japanese voices. I was planning on playing this game in Japanese to be truer to the original (as it was made in Japan) and because I felt like the Japanese version had better lipsynch. What's the supposed problem with the Japanese dub?

So as it gets closer....when is Namco gonna be charging accounts for the Wizard Edition?
I thought depending on what method you used some people were charged right away. I used my debit card and thought the money came out then but it was so long ago I could be remembering wrong.

Edit: I checked the FAQs and it says orders are charged when they ship. I can't seem to look at my invoice without getting an error message so let's just go with that.

zeopower6

I thought depending on what method you used some people were charged right away. I used my debit card and thought the money came out then but it was so long ago I could be remembering wrong.

Edit: I checked the FAQs and it says orders are charged when they ship. I can't seem to look at my invoice without getting an error message so let's just go with that.

Check your order through findmyorder.com which is owned by Digital River. It works there for some reason and not for the actual store link. It's dumb.

Wow, I'm excited and hyped over this game! I haven't felt this for a long time; now I'm looking forward to play a console JRPG for the first time since the PS2 days! This might be the first game I'll preorder!

I just player the demo and I'm unsure about the voices. I kinda liked both the Japanese and the English dub, and I don't understand why people were complaining about the Japanese voices. I was planning on playing this game in Japanese to be truer to the original (as it was made in Japan) and because I felt like the Japanese version had better lipsynch. What's the supposed problem with the Japanese dub?

Native Japanese speakers seem to not like how the voices overall in-game sound like they're 'read off a script' and also that the actors are not very good at voice acting to them. I think the bigger complaint is that they didn't get 'celebrity' voices and instead cast to what they thought fit (miscasting was also a complaint) the characters.

I'm honestly not sure. It says one per order (I'm guessing you could make two separate orders and I'd be more than happy to pay the extra shipping fees) but people here said they were able to order more than one originally with no issue.

I'd be so super grateful though!
Fuck yeah Lin Beifong!
Ok, well I'll give it a shot tomorrow. I definitely recommend trying to line up a back up in case the system doesn't let me order a second Wizard's Edition and/or the window of time during which they're available is so short that I miss it. Just to be clear, I'm not ordering another one for myself tomorrow, but I already have an existing pre-order from before in their system, so idk if that will prevent me from grabbing one for you tmw.

PM whatever info you have that you want me to include in the order.

Lin Beifong forevaaaaaar!

Dwayne

nah. but it's really your shipping address, email and set password. all on one screen.

but you should fill in your shipping/billing address now and let your browser auto fill.

You can even register an account in advance by putting a few items in your cart and progressing past the first sale screen.

Magpul

Banned
Hell yeah! Thank god they did this, now I'll be able to get this, the strat guide, and the steelbook and complete my collection. Just created an account so I'll be ready to go once it's live, all you need is to enter your cards security code and confirm your county once you have an account. It autofills the rest.

Thanks Namco!

zeopower6

*So for any folks wondering, the first run of the Wizards Edition did really well and sold out quite fast. Don't miss out on this opportunity and well see you in the morning
-posted by the Ni no Kuni FB page about the last run

Peagles

-posted by the Ni no Kuni FB page about the last run

Huh? I thought folks on here were saying it wasn't limited by number but by time, therefore it could not have sold out? They just made as many as were ordered...

Or are they just trying to hype it up?

chrono01

Huh? I thought folks on here were saying it wasn't limited by number but by time, therefore it could not have sold out? They just made as many as were ordered...

Or are they just trying to hype it up?

Yeah, that's really weird wording on their part.

It was made-to-order, so anyone who ordered during that timeframe should get one [even those that ordered multiple]. However, since this is likely stock that was made available [either due to intentional or unintentional cancellations] they now have a clause that limits it to one per person. :(

chrono01

I remember a quote from Namco UK a while back saying that 7,000 Wizard's Edition were pre-ordered in North America.

I'm not sure how accurate it is, but I felt it should be mentioned.

Newduck

can you pre order wizards editions instore at all? I have a steelcase gamestop pre order for instore pickup but i have my doubts they will actually have the steelcase as it seems you can't get it anymore online and they do not have any item on the pre order info about steelcase.

chrono01

A legitimate collector's edition, such a rare thing this generation.

I agree. It's a refreshing thing to see. :)

can you pre order wizards editions instore at all? I have a steelcase gamestop pre order for instore pickup but i have my doubts they will actually have the steelcase as it seems you can't get it anymore online and they do not have any item on the pre order info about steelcase.

Nope, the Wizard's Edition can only be pre-ordered online [exclusively through Club Namco in North America]. :(

chrono01

Audίoboxer;46532059 said:
\m/

Does every Wizards Edition contain all those items? A while back I read only the ninostarter was getting the additions. Would suck for us in the UK who only have the option of going through our own retail/online chains.

Sadly, only the Wizard's Edition purchased through Club Namco itself has the Ninostarter bonus items.

This is unless something changed recently, but from what I've seen/read, it's still valid. :(

You'll still get the game, DLC, Drippy plush, and hardcover book, though.

Magpul

Banned
Sadly, only the Wizard's Edition purchased through Club Namco itself has the Ninostarter bonus items.

This is unless something changed recently, but from what I've seen/read, it's still valid. :(

You'll still get the game, DLC, Drippy plush, soundtrack, and hardcover book, though.

The soundtrack does not come with any of the WEs outside of Club Namco.

chrono01

No problem! Can't wait for this game, so close. I wonder how long Namco will take to ship out the WE version from the restock tomorrow.

I know. I'm getting pretty excited myself [and have been for a nice while].

They should be able to ship out the new orders placed tomorrow through the restock at the same time as those who purchased earlier, but I guess it depends on how many personnel they have working in the shipping department. This is Digital River, too, and I've heard that they're not exactly "prompt" when it comes to shipping out items.

If shipping is delayed, here's hoping it won't be too long. Considering I live in Canada, it's already likely to take a month or so to arrrive [depending]. The wait will be excrutiating. >_<

zeopower6

Thee unboxing said there were a "couple" tracks on there. Sad, really.

Yeah, but it's better than nothing. In fact, they just added that on after the Ni no Starter without any kind of goal being met. I guess that was the next goal?

He kind of said "a CD with all the tracks from the game" and then afterward he said "a couple tracks" in this video, haha.

Top Bottom