• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nier: Automata PC performance thread

pa22word

You can download the previous version of the game by opening Steam's developer console and typing in download_depot 524220 524221 5957457901932186850. The game data will download to Steam\SteamApps\content\app_524220\depot_524221. Unfortunately, there's no progress indicator, however you'll see a "Depot download complete" message in the console once, uh, the depot download is complete.

oh my gawd!

Bioshock 2 HD Boogaloo Edition accidentally shipped day 1 with the UE console enabled. I love the hell out of that game, and it was super fun being able to noclip around everything and see content disabled from view and such and go into areas you never are supposed to. Great to see I can still preserve the one lasting good thing that crappy port brought to the table.

Anyone else struggling to get 60fps after the latest updates?

I have a 1070 and was getting smooth 60fps at 1440p. Yesterday I updated nvidia drivers and FAR. Now I can't reach 60fps at 1080p.

I tried to roll back both FAR - 0.5.6.5 - and nvidia drivers - 381.89 - to the last known good versions and now I sit between 47-53 fps.

msTD0DD.jpg

Any suggestions?

EDIT
Closed a few 3rd party apps like Roccat mouse and razer headphone management software.

Updated FAR to 0.5.6.8 and fps is stable to 60 fps. God bless.

Momentary

Banned
I've got a glitch where I'm no longer able to do finishers on any enemies. The only way to fix it is to start a completely new save.

KingV

So is the new patch supposed to fix the resolution issues? Because mine still has that weird letterboxing, which FAR only sort of fixes sometimes.

So I converted all the cutscenes to 60fps and 21:9 AR with letterboxes with NieRepack.
How can I actually make them play at 60fps in the game?
I use the latest version of FAR.

Edit: Found it.
Had to remove the 60fps cap in FAR.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So is the new patch supposed to fix the resolution issues? Because mine still has that weird letterboxing, which FAR only sort of fixes sometimes.

There is no new patch, unless it'd been almost two weeks since you'd launched Steam/gone online.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
I can't believe they never really patched this up. Sorry for anyone who had issues. I just assumed they'd get to the few things that needed attention quickly but I guess it was all just DLC testing. Sorry everyone, I didn't expect that

Ascheroth

I can't believe they never really patched this up. Sorry for anyone who had issues. I just assumed they'd get to the few things that needed attention quickly but I guess it was all just DLC testing. Sorry everyone, I didn't expect that

Yeah, it's a pretty bad showing from SE and Platinum.
But then again, the entire handling of the PC release(s) was a clusterfuck and screamed "we don't really care about you", so maybe it should've been expected in hindsight.
What a bummer, because the game is fantastic.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
But then again, the entire handling of the PC release(s) was a clusterfuck and screamed "we don't really care about you", so maybe it should've been expected in hindsight.

Yeah I'm certainly happy to have the PC version but they've been remarkably careless with every part of it. Especially considering how successful it's been. Thankfully we do have it and as usual the community has largely picked up the slack for everyone

jett

D-Member

but it's a gooood port /apologists

Ascheroth

but it's a gooood port /apologists
I think I'll just quote myself here:
I called it a good port (but technically troubled on every platform) when it came out and I stand by that.
The fullscreen bug was minor, some problems with certain card/driver combinations, the occasinal cutscene stuttering. Nothing really unusual for a launch and things that usually get patched soon and that's that.
Now this is the problem. Those issues were okay as launch issues, but not having had a single patch that adressed any of those in over a month is unacceptable.
Well, it's nearly 2 months now, so even worse.

Is the PC port still in bad shape? It's at least better than the PS4 version, right? The Steam user reviews are scaring me off, but I want to get this game. And I'm not sure if it helps with performance, but I do have a G SYNC display.

Gbraga

Is the PC port still in bad shape? It's at least better than the PS4 version, right? The Steam user reviews are scaring me off, but I want to get this game. And I'm not sure if it helps with performance, but I do have a G SYNC display.

If you don't mind using a very easy to install mod, it'll be a lot better than the PS4 version, depending on your rig.

KScorp

It has a lot of issues for some people, for others it works great. If you have an Nvidia 700 series card, the game often crashes, in my case not letting me past the tutorial.

big fake

Route C is having terrible performance for me. With nothing changed I am now dropping consistently to 30-45 fps any really any area of the game. What is happening? Is the mod broken or something? Please could someone help me here? Its really pulling me away from the game itself.

Durante or somebody?

big fake

Route C worked perfectly for me, cutscenes and gameplay. Something could be broken in the current version of the mod.

I uninstalled it and I'm gonna check if it that fixes it. Is there a way to revert back to a previous version of the mod or something?

EDIT: So I just uninstalled it and Its at a near solid 60 fps now. I'm noticing really no drops as of yet. Seems to be the mod is screwed for now.

Gbraga

I uninstalled it and I'm gonna check if it that fixes it. Is there a way to revert back to a previous version of the mod or something?

Not that I know of, since the newest version was only made because the game's patch broke the previous one, but I do remember seeing people who just reinstalled the mod and that fixed their issues.

Manzoon

Banned
It has a lot of issues for some people, for others it works great. If you have an Nvidia 700 series card, the game often crashes, in my case not letting me past the tutorial.

Well I'm glad I read that, I have a 750 and I was girding myself to play it at a shitty resolution with effects turned down, but I guess I'll keep waiting till that is hammered out.

It's not that clear to me as it seems to run sub 60fps at 1440p and requires a mod.

Aside from running at 1080p with drops on the Pro? You also don't NEED the mod, it's only recommended because of the massive GI settings that can be knocked down a notch to greatly improve performance and a few other quality of life features.

Gbraga

Aside from running at 1080p with drops on the Pro? You also don't NEED the mod, it's only recommended because of the massive GI settings that can be knocked down a notch to greatly improve performance and a few other quality of life features.

I didn't even turn down GI, I kept it at Ultra, because I didn't want to sacrifice it, but the mod was still very useful to get rid of cutscene stuttering, framepacing issues in the open world (also present on consoles) and improve the Bloom and AO resolution. The Bloom improvement is especially noticeable in a very key moment in the game, so I'm thankful I was using the mod when I reached it.

Running on a GTX 1060 at 1080p.

There are AMD and GTX 700 issues, but for a 1070, it should be a very easy choice.

Arulan

I just started playing this. FAR is a great utility. I appreciate the GUI.

It has also been a little while since I've used the Steam controller, and it's working very well. I'll probably continue tweaking my config a little, but I currently have a default mode which uses Mouse-Joystick for camera, and a second mode which uses Joystick-Move for 2D aiming segments. I can't use lock-on, so I decided to put evade on left trigger, and fire on right trigger for now. Does anyone use anything they've found works very well?

I called it a good port (but technically troubled on every platform) when it came out and I stand by that.
The fullscreen bug was minor, some problems with certain card/driver combinations, the occasinal cutscene stuttering. Nothing really unusual for a launch and things that usually get patched soon and that's that.
Now this is the problem. Those issues were okay as launch issues, but not having had a single patch that adressed any of those in over a month is unacceptable.
This. Let's see what the automata tool does. I'm getting okay performance but the cutscene thing is annoying and it looks like SE will never fix it.

Well I'm glad I read that, I have a 750 and I was girding myself to play it at a shitty resolution with effects turned down, but I guess I'll keep waiting till that is hammered out.

I don't think Square Enix have any intention of ever fixing this game to be honest. It's the most utterly fucked PC game I've ever owned.

big fake

I'm getting an error trying to reinstall Kalaidens fix, is there a reason for that? Anyone help me out here?

Error reads that it is not designed to run on windows and has error 0x000012f

Arulan

I'm getting an error trying to reinstall Kalaidens fix, is there a reason for that? Anyone help me out here?

Error reads that it is not designed to run on windows and has error 0x000012f

Install it manually using the instructions on the mod page.

Manzoon

Banned
I don't think Square Enix have any intention of ever fixing this game to be honest. It's the most utterly fucked PC game I've ever owned.

Well, I guess I'll wait for a sale and see what I can do in two hours before refunding it. Some of the fan fixes look good but I don't have many hopes if there is some fundamental problem my card will give the game.

Top Bottom