• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR Automata PS4 demo available now

Is there a country where it isn't PS+ exclusive? I hate this stupid paywall shit for demos.
(Atleast in Germany it seems to be PS+ exclusive but it also says "complete game for testing" almost like it's a trial of the full game)
Its not PS+ exclusive in JP. Has eng subs too.

Is there a country where it isn't PS+ exclusive? I hate this stupid paywall shit for demos.
(Atleast in Germany it seems to be PS+ exclusive but it also says "complete game for testing" almost like it's a trial of the full game)

I didn't know it was PS+ exclusive in any region. I downloaded it from the Japanese PSN Store and it didn't require it.

silva1991

Just finished it. I was anticipating Ni Oh more, but now I think I'm more hyped for this one.

The boss wasn't that exciting though. too short with too many cutscenes.

This little robot is far far from Grimoire Weiss charm

Musics are not good for the moment

Gameplay is fantastic

Yeah gonna miss Weiss :/ aka the best Nier 1 character.

Strings

2nd phase of the boss was surprisingly Zone of the Enders-ish.

Hopefully the RPG elements have seen an upgrade in line with the melee combat. Otherwise, super happy.

It's for age verification purposes. Don't know why Sony does it this way.

Hypron

Goddammit I left home to go on holiday this morning. I only have 750mb/month of mobile data so can't really download this :'((

Hektor

Demo downloaded ✓
Shrine prepared ✓
Prayer done ?

Our Yoko who art in japan,
Hallowed be Thy name.
Thy games come.
Thy will be done in the west, as it is in japan.
Give us today our Nier Demo
And forgive us our impatience.
As we forgive those who hate against us.
And lead us not into pantyshots,
But deliver us from our savegames.
For Thine is the console,
The power and the glory,
Forever,
Taro

Prayer done ✓

HERE I GOOOOOO

Tyaren

With the JP demo, the language options are greyed out. How do I change it to English?

Oh? :/ I'm just downloading the demo from Japanese PSN. If there's no way to change the language to English (or German) I can stop downloading right now. XD

IbukiLordSA

Holy shit this demo was incredible, this demo is already better than some games I played this year. It is like 10 genres merged into one. What an incredible experience, just awesome. Last time I felt this pumped after a demo was when I played the Vanquish demo.

Easily a GotY contender already for 2017. Game runs so smooth and just plays fantastically. I am super excited for this release, now back to the demo to learn the combat mechanics and see how deep that rabbit hole goes.

Jeiiya

Downloading this now. Glad they released a demo and I'm so hyped for the game.

I know I probably don't need to, but now I've got to sit down and finish the original Nier before Automata comes out.

Strings

With the JP demo, the language options are greyed out. How do I change it to English?

Start the game in English from the main menu (you'll have the options menu after you choose your difficulty, it'll be in the same place as in-game). Can't change otherwise.

Exentryk

Start the game in English from the main menu (you'll have the options menu after you choose your difficulty, it'll be in the same place as in-game). Can't change otherwise.

After choosing the difficulty, there were three options in JP. Which one do I select for Language?

Edit - Got it. It's the second option after you select difficulty. Thanks.

Razmos

Demo downloaded ✓
Shrine prepared ✓
Prayer done ?

Hallowed be Thy name.
Thy games come.
The power and the glory,
Forever,
Taro

Prayer done ✓

HERE I GOOOOOO
Amazing

Did a bare fisted run and it barely mattered, cuz you do most of the damage with guns anyway...

And that kinda bothers me, from narrative standpoint. Why is there any point in 2B? Small robot that flies near me does most of the damage, is capable of flight, is a much smaller target, with amazing mobility... wouldn't it be infninitely more effecient to just give AI to that thing? or remote control it or whatever?

system11

You can change the language as early as the options screen by the way.

Didn't have much time to play with it last night, liked what I saw, PS4 fans went into full 'jet engine' mode though, haven't seen that since Shadowfall. I feel good about my deluxe edition preorder now. Extremely happy base PS4 has no motion blur, could see a bit of pixel crawl from the 900P, frame rate seemed solid.

Coreda

Pretty big IQ difference here. Very noticable aliasing on the standard PS4 and very smooth on Pro. What resolution does the standard PS4 version have, is it below 1080p?.

PS4: 900p, Pro: 1080p. Pro adds motion blur and a couple other things I'm not remembering. Both with goals of a stable 60fps.

CrazyHal

The combat isn't quite as good as i was expecting but it sure as hell is a massive improvement over the original game. I hope that we'll be able to learn new attacks and combos throughout the game.

PS4: 900p, Pro: 1080p. Pro adds motion blur and a couple other things I'm not remembering. Both with goals of a stable 60fps.

Damn, only 900p on the OG? No wonder the aliasing looked so bad in the demo. They gotta at least shoot for 1080p, lower another setting or something :(

raven777

Yeah I wondered about how that would affect screenshots. On PC at least motion blur is one of the first things to disable for screen captures.

Benzy had some screenshots on Pro that shows motion blur

Is there a way to turn off these black bars and subtitles for cutscenes? Shit is annoying.

vcoais.png

Other than that, GOTY 2017

mkoyjo.png

gujvuu.png

It's not rated, therefore it has to be gated behind PS+.

Demo is awesome, as expected, stopped, because I don't wanted to play too much.

J4g3r

Well it's definitely not barred by PS+ in the UK, I just downloaded it and I don't have PS+.

2B and 9S are canonically dead. You play as that other girl the whole game.

I'm not preordering it so if they actually pulled something like this I'll just nope my way out the door. It's not as if Persona 5 and Horizon are coming out around when this game is or anything. Squenix really like making life hard for themselves I guess, going up against heavy hitters like that with this title.

Well it's pretty obvious where. It looks like a late gen ps3 title.

Well it looks way better than FFXIII does and that's a late-generation PS3 title. The color palette is not as bright though.

Prithee Be Careful

Industry Professional
Yeah. I do think it'd be a good idea to include an alt-costume with the game at least, so that people don't have to buy dlc for an alt-costume that covers more

I'm assuming we're getting dlc costumes for easy money like Drakengard 3 anyway.

Yeah, like when Naughty Dog released that DLC for The Last of Us that let you take down all the enemies with an over-sized foam mallet rather than having to cave thier skulls in with a brick or shiv them with a pair of scissors...

Hektor

That bossfight was amazing.

Gladf to see the genre shifts are still in, altho i hope the full version will have some non-action ones as well.

Soundtrack was a bit too much D3 and not enough Nier for me, but still pretty good.

Also

What was that about the Old World? Do they mean the "Old World" from D3 or this a translation error and they just mean the world a long time ago?

Cartho

Demo downloaded ✓
Shrine prepared ✓
Prayer done ?

Hallowed be Thy name.
Thy games come.
The power and the glory,
Forever,
Taro

Prayer done ✓

HERE I GOOOOOO

AustinClaps.gif

Top Bottom