• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR Automata PS4 demo available now

That demo... whew, I'm sooooo sold. I'm gonna stick with Hard mode though, Very Hard is just insane

Surprised there's a fair bit of camera customisation, spent maybe 20 mins tweaking stuff.

Also is it me or are the bare fists better than the small sword (Virtuous Contract)?

Shin-Ra

PSY・S;227007284 said:
huh, everything was already set to english

also the menu is giving me metal gear vibes
is that an MGS3 menu!?
MGS4 - D A T A B A S E -

mgs4_db_E_01.png
mgs4_db_E_02.png
mgs4_db_E_03.png

mgs4_db_logo.png

LotusHD

Banned
Can you only sprint/run fast by using the dodge button first?

I had no idea this game existed but all this hype has me eager to try demo. Downloading now. Can't wait to get off work!

Once again, this is why this demo was necessary. I don't know why demos have been on a decline these past few years, considering how much it can potentially help spread good word of mouth. Anyways, this game sorely needs it, so hopefully when all is said and done, the sales will be better than we all presume they'll be.

Airan

I'm not sure why they removed lock-on in Hard mode. Seems like a poor handicap. It makes me notice that the default camera speed feels way too slow, I had to ramp it up several notches to make it not feel like its working against you (especially since enemies can attack you from off screen).

The aesthetic is lovely. The menu looks nice (I'm a sucker for little digital "glitches") and 2B moves so gracefully, a stark difference to Revengeances cold precision.

I'm hyped. Count me in for the PC release.

To think that this is just the tip of the iceberg, we've seen nothing.

I cannot imagine how increabile this game will be. The last 3 hours of this game especially knowing Yoko Taro.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Wow fantastic impression from my playthrough. I expected good but NOT this GOOD. Seriously controlling the character never felt so good, specially coming from FFXV. Now this is how to develop an action rpg square... take note from your smaller teams and outsourced partners for next big AAA titles. As for NIER I really hope the game keeps this quality and expands it with the open rpg formula.

muteki

It really has been a while since I played a Platinum game, I really need to relearn my dodges.

That, and I don't feel like I have a good strategy for the bullet hell parts yet. Outside of just spamming the gun, which IIRC won't help me when the non-destructible bullets show up.

Also wasn't really a fan of the flying section. Kept wondering why I couldn't melee but I guess you can't until you get the arm.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
The aesthetics are out of this world but not sold on the gameplay just yet.
Boss HP bars are not representative of the length of the encounter, the game expects you to shoot a lot more than cut which is not how I like my anime at all and most of "And now, awesome" moments don't really have player agency to them.

Pachimari

I just wonder if it'll have a great story, because I really hope so. I really want an interesting and deep plot like in other RPGs, and not something along the lines of Metal Gear Rising.

35 mins til I finish the download and will probably play it over and over again. Day one and I will be double dipping for both PS4 and then PC when it releases.

Pachimari

Many times when I am in the air and use light attack I just hit the air. I'm terrible at the air play. One time I threw an enemy in the air where I could combo him though, dunno how I did it.

Context action - when a small droid is stunned, press O. A prompt will show.
Oh shit, so I can use O to attack too? I thought it was just for picking up items.

BlackEyes

is there a reason i press start game and it keeps looping to the main menu? it keep saying press any key to continue, i press start game and then it keeps taking me to the "press any key to continue" screen i even redownloaded it twice, same error

Hektor

is there a reason i press start game and it keeps looping to the main menu? it keep saying press any key to continue, i press start game and then it keeps taking me to the "press any key to continue" screen i even redownloaded it twice, same error

Press circle instead of X.

Top Bottom