• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR Automata PS4 demo available now

Ran rp

is there a reason i press start game and it keeps looping to the main menu? it keep saying press any key to continue, i press start game and then it keeps taking me to the "press any key to continue" screen i even redownloaded it twice, same error

lmao

Nier, Nioh and Horizon in February.

Seizure.gif

Bruh, I'm scared. So scared. Makes me so glad Persona 5 was delayed to April now.

Gravity Rush 2 and Tales of Berseria in January,
Nioh in February,
NieR in March,
Persona 5 in April,
And Ni No Kuni 2, Zelda BotW, Dragon Quest 11, mayyybe FFVIIRemake.

This is literally the best time to be a fan of rpgs and japanese games in general.

Hell, GOTY 2017 is going to be a bloodbath.

#PS4HasNoGamez

ar4757

Gravity Rush 2 and Tales of Berseria in January,
Nioh in February,
NieR in March,
Persona 5 in April,
And Ni No Kuni 2, Zelda BotW, Dragon Quest 11, mayyybe FFVIIRemake.

This is literally the best time to be a fan of rpgs and japanese games in general.

Hell, GOTY 2017 is going to be a bloodbath.

So much this, AND you left out Kingdom Hearts 2.8 and Yakuza 0 both on the same day in January (24th). Pumped for most of these!

Also buy Yakuza 0 gaf you won't regret it.

Faustek

Game is basically cult at this point. On release, the critical reception was mediocre.

To me this was a second demon's souls. Friends raved enough for me to try it out and I was hooked. Glad to see that at least GAF is rabid enough for it. Always assumed it was a small core of a handful of people typing really hard ^^

Its sad cause, cause its gonna be bigger than the furi OT day 1.

Furi was fun so that was kinda sad yes

That was fantastic. Love the feel and fluidity of the combat, and the seamless hybrid of genre/gameplay. So the full game is an open world RPG? With this kind of combat?

IIRC they said there would be 3 playable characters but only 2B has been shown in trailers/demonstrations so far.
Yeah they've never shown gameplay of the other girl, only cutscenes where she's like crying or something, lol. I'm assuming there's something up with that. Hoping she is playable because she looks rad

I really enjoyed the demo. I'm a bit iffy on some things, if this dungeon is representative of the final game there's gonna be some heavy asset reusage and it's not the most beautiful looking environments (even if it makes sense why in the world). The boss fights weren't my favorite thing in the world but that's generally the case in Platinum games (unless it's like a duel or something, not a huge fan of their giant boss fights). That singing boss they've shown off looks incredible though so I'm hype for more of that

Animations are incredible, combat is amazing, game looks very nice on regular PS4. I'd like to bind shooting to L1 though, having both dodge and shooting on the right side isn't the most intuitive thing

Hektor

That was fantastic. Love the feel and fluidity of the combat, and the seamless hybrid of genre/gameplay. So the full game is an open world RPG? With this kind of combat?

Yip yip.

Open world would mean a big, connected overworld with cities and some more linear dungeons, if the first game is anythign to go buy.

aravuus

Oh my god, I'm loving everything about this. I really, really hope the game gets a simultaneous release on PC cause this is going to look amazing in 1440p, but even if it doesn't, I'll just get the PS4 version day one.

About evading - what's happening when your character sort of multiplies for a second when evading an attack? Is it just there to tell you that you evaded the attack succesfully at the last second, and if it wasn't for the invincibility frames, you would've taken damage?

e: also I spent a small time trying to learn to evade properly - thank god for automatically used healing items when your hp hits zero lol.

If it's like Nier 1 (and certain SE streams kinda looked like it), it's going to have a Zelda-esque overworld and progression.

If it's like Nier 1 (and certain SE streams kinda looked like it), it's going to have a Zelda-esque overworld and progression.

Problem is, it seems we're seeing the same 3 environnements over and over... I really hope they're hiding the good stuff otherwise the game will be limited in term of environnements.

convo

Nice of them to include a model viewer under intel. I am sure the descriptions of those cute robot fellas is gonna change over the course of the story.

convo

Problem is, it seems we're seeing the same 3 environnements over and over... I really hope they're hiding the good stuff otherwise the game will be limited in term of environnements.

They showed off a big ass desert before so the areas will certainly be huge and open.
edit:double post

Nice of them to include a model viewer under intel. I am sure the descriptions of those cute robot fellas is gonna change over the course of the story.

man i am eagerly awaiting the discovery of bloody palace mode in a hidden menu somewhere.

Plz give me some tanky stuff to hit yoko

Really enjoyed the combat. The enemy and world design is a bit sparse but I was expecting that.

My only actual complaint is that the boss fight wasn't very good due to the crazy amounts of invisible walls everywhere.

I get that they wanted to lock the cool moments after a bit of profession, but the pacing of the boss fight was way off.

Which is strange to see in a Platinum game because MGR nailed the overall progession of boss fights so well.

Here I was waiting for the next trigger to kick in.

renzolama

Wow, this feels really great. It's like a combination of Final Fantasy Type 0, Metal Gear Rising and Furi. I love the perspective switching between side-scroller, top-down, and free camera...it makes otherwise linear level design feel constantly fresh. I really like the score also. Feb/Mar 2017 is going to be a great time for character action games.

Top Bottom