• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata review thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

m@cross

YES, so happy to see it reviewing well. The demo was fun and I preordered it, but I was worried it might not hold up. Have a feeling this game will be the reason I don't platinum Horizon.

I know it's still premature considering there has only been 4 critic reviews but I cannot contain my excitement for all these great games. My god.

2017 has potential to be one of the best years of gaming. We're only in the third month and we have 4,5 great games!
Edit: Agree with you guys. We should wait for more reviews.

Audioboxer

Considering Nier was amazing and its at 68%, it's going to be very easy for Automata to beat that :p

Up next, Persona 5.

bigol

Nioh
Horizon Zero Dawn
Nier A
Zelda
Resident Evil 7
This year goddamn

Kiriu is disappointed you forgot Yakuza 0.

26xBBi5IgnYzy3LO0.gif

Zedark

Don't do this to me, I already have Horizon and Zelda arriving withing two days, and I still need to finish Tales of Berseria! DON'T DO THIS TO ME!
The answer to the age-old question is for the moment "not 2B" sadly.

this game is legit. don't let the demo put you off.

does the game actually have enemy variety, from some streams i've seen (which unfortunately happen to be at a time where people just afk in a large desert, lol) i've only really seen that little robot thing from the demo as enemies

silva1991

And we still have Persona 5 next month.

The only collector edition I ever pre ordered.

Can't wait for it's review thread.

does the game actually have enemy variety, from some streams i've seen (which unfortunately happen to be at a time where people just afk in a large desert, lol) i've only really seen that little robot thing from the demo as enemies

One of the negatives in the IGN(JP) review is the lack of enemy variety.

Fbh

I just....Damn!!.

I've been playing games for a long time, there have been awesome years in gaming for sure. But this...This is literally the first time that for me and my taste there have been so many amazing games all at once that I don't even know what to buy or play first anymore.

Yakuza 0
Gravity Rush 2
Nioh
Horizon
Zelda
Nier
And persona 5 comming soon.

At this point I'm half expecting FROM to surprise release Bloodborne 2 next week.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
When will I be able to play all these games? ;_;

I'm not surprised though, this was clearly a collaboration that made so much sense from the moment it was announced.

As far as I know this review embargo for people who've had Western copies off SE is later - these reviews are off import, I guess. Which is why you're seeing a weird selection of sites.

Hektor

So these are reviews of people that bought the Japanese copy and aren't under embargo?

Yep

All enemies are robots, that said the variety in terms of gameplay is juats as big as in any other game.

The only collector edition I ever pre ordered.

Can't wait for it's review thread.

Persona 5's review thread is going to be a warzone unless it gets universal acclaim like Breath of the Wild.

EDIT: For what it's worth, there's a few Import reviews out for P5. None of them are under 9/10.

The Lamp

Japanese gaming is doing a 180 from last generation. Good grief. We haven't even gotten to Persona 5 yet. 2017 is fucking insane.

WITHE1982

Wow! Great scores so far (long way to go though).

Fantastic coming straight off the back of Horizon Zero Dawn's critical success. I just wish the two weren't releasing so close together as I don't want to rush Horizon so Automata may have to wait a week or so. That'll be hard though given how much I love the original NieR.

Add these to Zelda's amazing scores and it seems to be a great time for gaming.

edit: ...and Persona 5 to come. Geez!

Dantero

Good scores and I heard it (somewhat major spoiler)
has a kind of, maybe, happy ending
. I should buy this.

pswii60

Another amazing game. This is already the best year in many years, and we're only a couple of months in! Never mind the fact we still have the likes of Mario, Red Dead and Mass Effect still to come :eek:

Really can't wait to play this, loved the demo.

Realeza

Banned
I just....Damn!!.

I've been playing games for a long time, there have been awesome years in gaming for sure. But this...This is literally the first time that for me and my taste there have been so many amazing games all at once that I don't even know what to buy or play first anymore.

Yakuza 0
Gravity Rush 2
Nioh
Horizon
Zelda
Nier
And persona 5 comming soon.

At this point I'm half expecting FROM to surprise release Bloodborne 2 next week.

You forgot to mention RE7 and Mass Effect in 3 weeks 😍

Until proven otherwise, I'm just going to assume that every game that releases in 2017 is going to be awesome.

Good lord.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom