• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata review thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahaka

75911318.jpg

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Also! I hope there's others out there who fall in love with what they do with the camera in this game. I can't believe how often it would do something surprising but still feel normal. It keeps doing this. The game is long, but the camera keeps finding news things to do. So good.

If it makes you peeps feel any better, IGN Japan's scores don't count on Metacritic.

I hope by critically acclaimed you don't mean 95+ MC, because no no one will be mad if that doesn't happened.

I can see slight(just slight) disappointment if it's high 80's and not low 90s.

Yeah I should have specified. I think if it gets low to mid 90s, it'll be all gravy.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
It's the other way around to be honest.

No way the budget of nier allows for shilling.

Well, only low-budget stuff like getting Yoko to roll about on the floor chanting about T-shirts and SHIT SQUARE ENIX!

Cannot imagine Kojima doing that! LOL

As someone who has completed the game already, it absolutely deserves that score. It's an amazing, ambitious game that isn't held back by its flaws.

For fans of Yoko Taro, this is almost certainly his most densely packed game yet. There is so much to take in with the characterization, the plot, and the lore that you will find your appreciation for the game growing even after you finish it.

danthefan

What the fucking shit.

I do not have the time and money to play all these games. Could these devs please revert to making crappy games I can simply ignore.

Thank you.

Hektor

is there a chance Nier and Nioh will eventually come out on xbox?

I hope they do, and if they sell well it is unlikely they will miss out on these games in the future

The devs said they might be considering an XB1 version in case Automata happens to sell extremely well

Well this is reviewing way better than I expected it to. Only a handful of reviews so far though. It's possible the most enthusiastic members of the press got in there first.

If this stays at 93 though... wow!

killatopak

I hope they do, and if they sell well it is unlikely they will miss out on these games in the future

the choice is largely decided by the Japanese market. They would only release on Xbox if Japanese people would buy it on Xbox.

If you notice the only Japanese games that lands on Xbox are AAA games who can recoup their losses in Japan by selling alot overseas. Less budgeted games don't have the chance to risk it.

Arkeband

Banned
I hope by critically acclaimed you don't mean 95+ MC, because no no one will be mad if that doesn't happened.

I can see slight(just slight) disappointment if it's high 80's and not low 90s.

Second half needs more games though.

Mario
Ni no Kuni 2
GT: Sport
RDR2(pls don't get delayed)

What else?

Dragon Quest XI will also hit this year.

Many players will lead to the thought that "various troubles" and the forced shooting game described above, together with "the games that are based on the orbiting play, are bullied repeatedly."

Color me impressed.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Well this is reviewing way better than I expected it to. Only a handful of reviews so far though. It's possible the most enthusiastic members of the press got in there first.

If this stays at 93 though... wow!

My guess is it will land somewhere in between 80 and 85. Anything at or above 80 is a roaring success for Yoko Taro considering literally 0 of his games have gotten anywhere near that

Am i missing something?
Theres 4 reviews why is everyone celebrating?
I hope it retains this score but comparisons to the previous games are a bit premature doncha think?

killatopak

Am i missing something?
Theres 4 reviews why is everyone celebrating?
I hope it retains this score but comparisons to the previous games are a bit premature doncha think?

baby steps my friend, baby steps.

Anything above 80 is worth celebrating considering I love NieR ,which is a 68, to death.

Second half needs more games though.

Mario
Ni no Kuni 2
GT: Sport
RDR2(pls don't get delayed)

What else?
Hot shots golf
Knack2
Destiny 2
Battlefront 2
Prey
Injustice 2
Crash trilogy
Wipeout trilog
Crackdown
Forza 7
Ace combat 7
Splatoon 2
Yooka laylee
2k.madden,FIFA
Cod
E3

FHIZ

Nier is technically possible but they went out of their way to discuss why they didn't develop for the Xbox recently, so probably not. Nioh is published by Sony, so no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom