• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nier Automata Steam Page/Pre-Order Live, releasing March 17th

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl

Releasing March 17th for those that missed it!

Pre-Order Bonuses:
Nier-D1-steam-616_en.jpg

Pre-Load is live and will unlock:
t1489766400z0.png

You can also purchase from these stores:
https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/nier-automata-day-one-edition/
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/nier-automata-day-one-edition

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
NIER: AUTOMATA PRE-ORDER
S*IT SQUARE ENIX
took you long enough

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Squaaaaaare

o7z04s8.gif
o7z04s8.gif
o7z04s8.gif
o7z04s8.gif
o7z04s8.gif

I said this in the Steam thread, but heads-up, a lot of regions are going to see more expensive games. A lot of regions recently implemented digital taxes, and Valve's changed their internal money suggestion system based on this.

Basically regions with a tax for sale on digital goods are going to see increased prices. Valve emailed all Steam Developers about this within the last month.

Adnor

Banned
I said this in the Steam thread, but heads-up, a lot of regions are going to see more expensive games. A lot of regions recently implemented digital taxes, and Valve's changed their internal money suggestion system based on this.

Basically regions with a tax for sale on digital goods are going to see increased prices. Valve emailed all Steam Developers about this within the last month.

Nah, this is actually just Square-Enix being Square-Enix, they have always overcharge for their games here. Same with Capcom and Bethesda.

Ubisoft is the only big publisher that doesn't do it.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure we don't have a sales tax for digital good too. But I may be wrong about it.

Ahasverus

I bet this game sells better on PC, at least at first. Console competition is too damn hard these days.
Squaaaaaare
o7z04s8.gif
o7z04s8.gif
o7z04s8.gif
o7z04s8.gif
o7z04s8.gif
Why the fuck are games MORE EXPENSIVE in Colombia than the US? With us having a far far far far far more terrible economy? THIS MAKES NO GODDAMNED SENSE

Adnor

Banned
I bet this game sells better on PC, at least at first. Console competition is too damn hard these days.

Why the fuck are games MORE EXPENSIVE in Colombia than the US? With us having a far far far far far more terrible economy? THIS MAKES NO GODDAMNED SENSE

Maybe they're trying to match the overpriced retail prices here in South America? Fuck if I understand it.

Mupod

Cancelled my PS4 preorder. I can wait a few days for a better experience, there's too much out right now anyways.

I'm a bit wary on greenman after Titanfall 2, but RE7 was fine as they are always consistent with Capcom games. Anyone got recent experience with them and SE games?

IMPORTANT QUESTION

Do I/should I play Nier first? I never got around to it on my backlog and I have read that there is something really omportant/cool that happens in the game, but no spoiler.

I'm asking as someone who may be writing a review for the sequel, and will be working on other projects before then.

Hektor

IMPORTANT QUESTION

Do I/should I play Nier first? I never got around to it on my backlog and I have read that there is something really omportant/cool that happens in the game, but no spoiler.

I'm asking as someone who may be writing a review for the sequel, and will be working on other projects before then.

You don't have to in order to follow the story, but you'll be missing out on a few sideplots, in addition, Automata will spoil you on elements of the first Nier.

Shengar

Straight conversion rates? Us southeastern asia countries got fucked up royally too with Bethesda games as they use straight conversion. It's so ridiculous since their console version is cheaper here. Seriously this is why I hate big companies releasing games on steam.

Ahasverus

Maybe they're trying to match the overpriced retail prices here in South America? Fuck if I understand it.
We're living in a world where it's cheaper to import the game from the US via Amazon, which is still ridiculously expensive, but not that much.

And then publishers cry about piracy in developing countries. No shit Sherlock. The middle class is rapidly expanding, and games are a cultural thing where everybody has owned a games console in their lives, which means we should be a priority strategic market, but here we are.

To put in in perspective, this means one game is 1/4 of the monthly minumum wage.
Straight conversion rates? Us southeastern asia countries got fucked up royally too with Bethesda games as they use straight conversion. It's so ridiculous since their console version is cheaper here. Seriously this is why I hate big companies releasing games on steam.
It's actually more expensive than actual currency conversion.

Adnor

Banned
We're living in a world when it's cheaper to import the game from the US via Amazon, which is still ridiculously expensive, but not that much.

And then publishers cry about piracy in developing countries. No shit Sherlock. The middle class is rapidly expanding, which means we should be a priority strategic market, but here we are. To put in in perspective, this means one game is 1/4 of the monthly minumum wage.

It's actually more expensive than actual currency conversion.

And even importing from Amazon is a coin toss if customs is going to fuck you over with overcharging.

Ahasverus

And even importing from Amazon is a coin toss if customs is going to fuck you over with overcharging.
Thankfully the Amazon customs deposit fee takes care of that. I've bought 3 things from them and it's been straight sailing, in fact they've reimbursed the deposit. But yeah, thankfully I went to the states last month and brought my ps4 (and games) with me, otherwise I'd never be able to even smell a new generation console/games lol.

Seriously SE, nobody is going to buy fucking Nier at $70 here. I guarantee you less than 10 copies sold.

Adnor

Banned
Thankfully the Amazon customs deposit fee takes care of that. I've bought 3 things from them and it's been straight sailing, in fact they've reimbursed the deposit. But yeah, thankfully I went to the states last month and brought my ps4 (and games) with me, otherwise I'd never be able to even smell a new generation console/games lol.

Seriously SE, nobody is going to buy fucking Nier at $70 here. I guarantee you less than 10 copies sold.

Oh yeah, I always forget Amazon has the customs deposit fee.

More online stores should have that.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Yay! Full Japanese support, too. Square is getting a purchase for me. Glad I didn't impulse buy it on PS4.

mephixto

Banned

Square and Zenimax are the only ones I know that pull that kind shit on the prices, Ubisoft for once does something good:

https://steamdb.info/app/304390/

T.O.P

Banned
Tempted to pre-order directly on Steam but i'll wait to see CDK prices first

Still...no refound if the game ends up being a shitty port, i guess i'll wait right before the actual release before deciding

Top Bottom