• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nier Automata Steam Page/Pre-Order Live, releasing March 17th

Still need to be confirmed

Denuvo
>60 FPS
Arbitrary resolution support

Do we have a Durante signal .gif?

Please big D, I need my 21:9 goodness...

hphsNAY.gif

5c7dIN7.gif

SoldnerKei

Welp, I was expecting it to cost around 800 Mexican Pesos so 999 ain't that bad, still cheaper than our current 60 dlls conversion, cheaper than the PS4 retail price over here too.

Adnor

Banned
Its a shame, seems the new digital tax policies will be affecting quite a few people/games.

Again, this isn't for the new digital tax policies, this is because S-E always overprice the games in some regions for no apparent reason.

At least in Chile it's the same price every other S-E US$60 game is.

Kenstar

I preordered it on amazon for $40 a while back (prime discount), still says dec 31st though there
I'm guessing they'll update soon or when it actually releases and give me my steam key

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
The GTX 770 is far faster than the 7850-hybrid of the PS4, so there's no way it can only be good for the minimum and 1280x720 resolution the Square-Enix site suggests. Impossible.

low-G

Preordered directly on Steam, rather than GMG or something, in case they totally botched the port. But I'm thinking my overclocked i5-6600 + 1070 should be just fine at 1080p (with some supersampling).

Considering Nier Automata has been sellotaped to the top of Steam's Global Top Sellers list all day, I get the feeling that this port is going to be pretty profitable in the long run, assuming they don't totally botch the launch.

Grief.exe

Considering Nier Automata has been sellotaped to the top of Steam's Global Top Sellers list all day, I get the feeling that this port is going to be pretty profitable in the long run, assuming they don't totally botch the launch.

PC demographic loves Japanese games, they generally sell like hot cakes.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Need to see Mass Effect reviews, before I order this. I selfishly wish Nier had been delayed a month.

BONKERS

Better have some visual upgrades for a 980 recommendation I hope.
Looks stellar either way.
(Also: Plat, please no 1080p res lock this time)
I digress, SE, OG Nier port, when plz?

fatalexe

Fun fact: Metal Gear Rising is STILL not available in Asia/SEA. I don't know what's wrong with Platinum Games. The only way to get MGR is to use a VPN and activate a steam code purchased from a 3rd party store. Ridiculous! This is why piracy is rampant in SEA.

Guess NiER would be the same

Ogawa-san

To continue my whining about SE regional pricing: Atelier Firis' preorder also came up on Steam today.

X26Xe7G.png

LYwYanH.png

They're both $60 games.

Fun fact: Metal Gear Rising is STILL not available in Asia/SEA. I don't know what's wrong with Platinum Games. The only way to get MGR is to use a VPN and activate a steam code purchased from a 3rd party store. Ridiculous! This is why piracy is rampant in SEA.

Blame Konami/Squeenix, they're the publishers.

Anteater

It's the publishers, Konami did the same with Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2, Sega (used to) lock a bunch of games even the western ones, but I think they got better, Square-enix lock half of their Japanese games, by half I mean like every other FFs are available but who knows where the rest are, I have no issues buying 99% of the games from the west/indie/rest of the fucking world, but seems like it's too hard for japanese publishers, it pisses me off sometimes. No matter how much you bitch to them they do absolutely jackshit and they never actually answered why they're doing whatever they've been doing.

Nyoro SF

It's the publishers, Konami did the same with Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2, Sega (used to) lock a bunch of games even the western ones, but I think they got better, Square-enix lock half of their Japanese games, by half I mean like every other FFs are available but who knows where the rest are, I have no issues buying 99% of the games from the west/indie/rest of the fucking world, but seems like it's too hard for japanese publishers, it pisses me off sometimes. No matter how much you bitch to them they do absolutely jackshit and they never actually answered why they're doing whatever they've been doing.

This has happened many times in the past, and I really don't have a good explanation for why companies do it. Maybe they're afraid of retailer retaliation?

Anteater

This has happened many times in the past, and I really don't have a good explanation for why companies do it. Maybe they're afraid of retailer retaliation?

I thought about that, but then you have super old games like the old Final Fantasys, like these are the FFs that are available here (ignoring the 2 MMOs):

FFIII, FFVII, FFIX, FFX/X-2

and here are the games that are not available here:

FFIV, FFV, FFVI, FFVIII

Like, what? Do they just flip a coin to decide which games to lock? For Konami, MGSV is available, but Rising isn't, lol. why is this so complicated

Top Bottom