• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nier Automata Steam Page/Pre-Order Live, releasing March 17th

dr_rus

C6AwUwkVMAAJhsS.jpg

Based Square Enix.
Based Yoko Taro.
Based Platinum Games.
Based Gabe.

You can see where it's not available here: https://steamdb.info/sub/125305/

Since this is the only store published package right now that means that all countries where the price is "n/a" are, well, n/a.

There are two more store/CD key packages btw so maybe they are just slow at publishing them on Steam's frontend.

Tempted to pre-order directly on Steam but i'll wait to see CDK prices first

Still...no refound if the game ends up being a shitty port, i guess i'll wait right before the actual release before deciding
Platinum handles all their ports in house and in a worst case scenario, will be locked to only 4k or something. Each of their ports is getting better.

That said we've no guarantee of any resolutions or framerates but given that the ps4 pro version is locked to 1080p, you can't go wrong with PC.

Denuvo should be a thing. I heard SE were waiting on the new versions.

we have durante for the others.
Durante didn't even fix up Metal Gear Rising. That was Dario FF. Then again I hear durante loves Nier... But on the other hand it's 2017 and companies should know better.

GMG might do their 20 percent discount thing so I'd suggest waiting a bit

Yea I dont see it on Gamesplanet but they usually have 20% off everything

I havent bought a full price game in a while but $80 CAD is standard now!? Damn thats a lot of money for a game.

tuxfool

Banned
or you know, you could just wait for the DF review of the PC edition or other people's impressions before buying?

Yeah, don't preorder games unless the discount is there to hedge your risk. If there is no discount, you lose nothing in waiting for release.

ThatFeelBr0

Neo Member
Yeah, don't preorder games unless the discount is there to hedge your risk. If there is no discount, you lose nothing in waiting for release.

I didn't intent to preorder it, answering killatopak, normally the reviews are based on top computers with excellent video cards. I will however search for someone that does reviews in older machines (if such thing exist).

killatopak

I didn't intent to preorder it, answering killatopak, normally the reviews are based on top computers with excellent video cards. I will however search for someone that does reviews in older machines (if such thing exist).

Aside from that you could also ask if someone who has a 960 and an i5 for example is struggling to run 1080p 60fps and deduce if your system can run it as well.

I'm sure once the game gets released on PC, there would be guys playing the PC version on the OT. Just drop by there.

gelf

Will wait for impression on the PC port on low end systems before I buy as those minimum specs are frighteningly high. I have a PS4 as the backup option anyway.

Top Bottom