• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nier Automata Steam Page/Pre-Order Live, releasing March 17th

It should be noted that on the Pro it still drops frames in quite a few places, and this is at 1080p.

We don't know if it is due to CPU bottlenecking or if it due to poor GPU utilization. A 980 would put it in the same ballpark as the Pro's GPU.
Pro gpu isn't even as strong as a rx 470.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
A Steam key is included; the only PC SKU on Squeenix's own store is the Steam version. I'll buy you a key myself if I'm wrong. ;)

you can buy me one to make up for the years I've put up with your Australianess. Do you have any idea how hard its been.Damn it JaseC.

Exentryk

NieR official twitter said the Steam page for JP will be up soon. That might be when the rest of Asia gets it too.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
you can buy me one to make up for the years I've put up with your Australianess. Do you have any idea how hard its been.Damn it JaseC.

HAHA1-D0NTH-1NKS0

Wait this game is locked from SEA? Can VPN bypass it?
Else I have to turn to other means to obtain the game.

It just can't be purchased in Asia. You'd be able to activate a region-free gift copy/retail key.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
HAHA1-D0NTH-1NKS0

Kangaroo-Drops-Ball.gif

Tizoc

30: no questions asked
35: sure why not
40: after dicking us around on the release date for weeks? I'm going to have to wait for a sale.

and that's the cheaper price too! crazy.

To be fair, their dicking is mostly not being able to properly convey the info regarding the Steam release.
If they'd said they working on it without giving a concrete date, it'd at least let people know it is coming, likewise if they stated that they are working to get the release on Steam to be alongside the PS4 release.
Don't make it sound vague, but make it sound positively vague.

ChryZ

I'm currently playing MGR:Revengeance on PC and it runs so damn nice. It really gives me hope. It seems Platinum knows what they're doing in regard to PC ports.

Exentryk

Just 1 of a dozen grey market sites. Looks like it doesn't have the hottest reputation.

If you're going grey market I'd probably wait and see if other sites get it first.

I'm waiting on GMG as I've never had issues with them. But if it becomes too much of an issue, I'll just buy directly from Steam.

5olid_5nake

Damnation, I was hoping for a smaller price on steam, but it's too expensive currently for my pocket unfortunately. :(
Let's hope that steam has some kind of spring sale. :D

Corpekata

Banned
Really? 27% off is tempting, especially since I'm not exactly in the mood to reward S-E.

Seeing a decent handful of people getting invalid keys and getting shit (as in, none, really) customer service.

Which, I mean, is common for these sort of sites. So if I were going to brave that avenue, I'd wait for the more reputable ones, who will likely end up with similar prices.

The pre-order stuff just went up on a Friday, I bet we'll start to see a decent trickle of deals during the week, especially after the console version releases.

killatopak

Nice! Will post as long as a mod approves that such a thread (LP-based LTTP) is A-OK.

BTW, watched a playthrough of the Automata demo and it's... a religious experience.

You're in for a ride on both games especially automata since it solves every major flaw thr original game had.

MartyStu

Will wait for sale @ $30 - 40.

I need to really love a developer/publisher to pay $60 for a game and while I love Platinum, I am tired of getting jerked around by square.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Think one day someone should collaborate some data why that is, I think the high profilleration of purpose built gaming PCs in Europe and the general affection of the European market for more niche Japanese games (including those with anime artsyle) definitely plays a role.

Still unsure whether or not I should get the game for my laptop or buy a Japanese physical copy to bring back home to my PS4, CPU is not a problem here but my GPU is the equivalent of a GTX 770 so I feel pretty uncomfortable with it being in the minimum requirements...

The 770 smashes the PS4's GPU, there's no way it can realistically be the minimum GPU, that can barely run this game.

What are your laptops specs?

NeoRaider

It's a key.

Yeah, its a key as stated above, not sure about pre-order bonuses though..

Thanks.
They deliver the key on 17th right?

There's not much of a distinction to make in this case as Squeenix created heavily region-locked packages for Eastern Europe and a handful of other countries, so unless you happen to reside in one of the listed countries, a key intended for Russian users and a gift copy purchased in Russia are equally useless.

Yes, i am in Montenegro.

Durante

Heh, the physical PC version is #1 in PC RPGs at Amazon.de.
It's not even cheap - if anything it's really expensive for a physical PC game at €60.

tuxfool

Banned
Heh, the physical PC version is #1 in PC RPGs at Amazon.de.
It's not even cheap - if anything it's really expensive for a physical PC game at €60.

That doesn't make me all that happy. It is great that the game is getting all this validation but SE will learn all the wrong lessons from this.

Anteater

man why is Nier the only new release without a discount on gmg

first time since ever that I want to buy a game day 1 that isn't an old port

manakel

So glad it's coming on steam so soon! I had an absolute blast with the ps4 demo. Does anyone know if it will have 3440x1440 support?

TheTux

A Steam key is included; the only PC SKU on Squeenix's own store is the Steam version. I'll buy you a key myself if I'm wrong. ;)

So glad it's coming on steam so soon! I had an absolute blast with the ps4 demo. Does anyone know if it will have 3440x1440 support?

Nobody knows anything about the PC port except that it's coming on Steam on 17th March.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Please don't pass on this one PC players, this is one game that needs your support

Top Bottom