• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nigel Farage visits the Ecuadorian embassy, then later says couldn’t remember why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Careful? He just wants to say "I don't know, I don't care", but seems to just stutter. I don't get why he got his job really, talking is the only thing he needs to do well.

I watched it three times to give him the benefit of the doubt. That's not what happened and further- he plainly knew about the Farage visit.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
It's just a real coincidence that when a lot of Russian financed businesses like Russia today had their accounts frozen UKIP couldn't afford their central London rent.

Wait, financing for political parties is not public record there?

I am beginning to feel that Russia's manipulation of the west is way deeper and wider than it initially seemed. Trump now just seems like one thread that leads to many others like it.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I am beginning to feel that Russia's manipulation of the west is way deeper and wider than it initially seemed. Trump now just seems like one thread that leads to many others like it.

Sorry, I'm not a textile scientist, but what happens when you find a loose thread and pull on it?

this is being going on for over half a decade.

Marine Le Pen took a loan from a Russian bank and also said nice things about Putin.

Many fringe parties (not excessively Far-Right because they are many Far-Left parties who are also anti-EU) have been getting support from Russia

jelly

What is Assange still doing there anyway, didn't he say he would leave if something that did happen, actually happened?

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
What is Assange still doing there anyway, didn't he say he would leave if something that did happen, actually happened?

he said he'd leave if Chelsea Manning got a pardon. She didn't (her sentence was commuted) so he didn't (he wasn't going to anyway)

Guy.brush

Za44UHt.gif

AHA-Lambda

Assange is a thundercunt confirmed then.

I mean we knew, but hell this cements it for me, as someone who didn't keep up with the claims against him.

Guy.brush

There are connections with LePen as well.

German right wing party AfD also had leader Frauke Petry visit Moscow just a few days ago, probably to prep for German election strategy and her husband was invited to a Crimea conference with all the nice luxury that brings.

Shit stinks to the high heavens. Feels more and more like Putin era Russia has turned into a full on Mafia state and they play a grand game of breaking the West up piece by piece by exploiting existing fault lines and secessionist movements.

That UKIP couldn't pay their London HQ rent after Russia Today's funds got frozen with the sanctions speaks volumes.

Dr.Acula

Banned
This strikes me more as UKIP using Assange to further their own causes, than Russia trying to influence UKIP, and the emails make it appear as much. While scummy, these tactics seem par for the course, did UKIP/Assange previously deny these meetings?

This strikes me more as UKIP using Assange to further their own causes, than Russia trying to influence UKIP, and the emails make it appear as much. While scummy, these tactics seem par for the course, did UKIP/Assange previously deny these meetings?

Russian seeks a weak West, a weak Europe and a weak NATO.

Supporting crappy fringe parties to destabilize those Western countries furthers Russia's interest in weaking its ''enemies''

Dr.Acula

Banned
Russian seeks a weak West, a weak Europe and a weak NATO.

Supporting crappy fringe parties to destabilize those Western countries furthers Russia's interest in weaking its ''enemies''

But these leaks don't seem to indicate that, they seem to indicate UKIP supporting Assange for their own political ends.

edit: http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1351574

This is oddly similar to Trump campaign advisor Roger Stone communicating with Guccifer 2.0.

I view direct contact with a black-hat hacker as different than with Assange, who at the time was considered independent and exposing illegal activies.

But these leaks don't seem to indicate that, they seem to indicate UKIP supporting Assange for their own political ends.

http://www.economist.com/news/briefing/21643222-who-backs-putin-and-why-kremlins-pocket

http://time.com/4627780/russia-national-front-marine-le-pen-putin/
last year Le Pen sought another €27 million loan from the Moscow-based bank to help finance her presidential campaign; the loan did not materialize. Le Pen says her campaign is now in urgent need of funds.

Dr.Acula

Banned

Oh, I get that, but Farage is also in love with Trump, and I'm sure the GoP don't give him a dime, he's just a xenophobic isolationist. I see lots of evidence of UKIP giving aid and comfort to Assange, but that doesn't mean they're working for him. These emails date back from before the Assange/Russia connections were widely known, is it possible Farage thought he was just dealing with a champion who was critical of an unpopular war for political points?

Nothing in this article looks like a smoking gun that they knew of Russian involvement, or that Assange reached out to UKIP in order to further a Russian agenda.

I know Russia is waging disinformation campaigns all over, but not every anti-establishment group is theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom