• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nigel Farage is 'person of interest' in FBI investigation into Trump and Russia

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...russia?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Nigel Farage is a “person of interest” in the US counter-intelligence investigation that is looking into possible collusion between the Kremlin and Donald Trump’s presidential campaign, the Guardian has been told.

Sources with knowledge of the investigation said the former Ukip leader had raised the interest of FBI investigators because of his relationships with individuals connected to both the Trump campaign and Julian Assange, the WikiLeaks founder whom Farage visited in March.

Farage has not been accused of wrongdoing and is not a suspect or a target of the US investigation. But being a person of interest means investigators believe he may have information about the acts that are under investigation and he may therefore be subject to their scrutiny.

Sources who spoke to the Guardian said it was Farage’s proximity to people at the heart of the investigation that was being examined as an element in their broader inquiry into how Russia may have worked with Trump campaign officials to influence the US election.

moggio

Banned
UKIP (and the Brexit campaign) was funded by Russia so this isn't a surprise.

Please, for the sake of us all, find a way to give him the chair.

liquidtmd

Banned
iP42wHz.gif

everytime i hear about this guy, i think about the time someone called him a frog faced cunt and thats all that i associate with him now

woolley

But I would assume there is nothing they can do it he doesn't want to talk. He's not American so any subpoena would be pointless.

Wait didn't Farage have a car accident a few years back where he claimed it was an assassination attempt? wouldn't it be awesome if that was because he was fearful of his Russian masters?

Man I hope he is arrested for treason, it would be the icing on the cake in all this

I wonder if the whole Brexit thing was innocent.

:thinking:

There's no reason to believe it was a cynical conspiracy, if that's what you mean. The people in the leave camp wanted to leave for different reasons to why Russia wanted Britain to leave, but the temporary alignment of interests means Russia was willing to fund UKIP and UKIP wasn't above accepting it.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I don't think they have any dirt of him. They probably just want testimony.

I'll still greatly enjoy seeing him sweat.

Arttemis

There's no reason to believe it was a cynical conspiracy, if that's what you mean. The people in the leave camp wanted to leave for different reasons to why Russia wanted Britain to leave, but the temporary alignment of interests means Russia was willing to fund UKIP and UKIP wasn't above accepting it.

The tens of thousands of dollars a day spent on inaccurate ads on the side of buses came from Russia. UKIP was was funded by Russia.

Yeah I'm not sure what the "people" want has anything to do with anything. I mean sure the California secessionists didn't want what they wanted simply bc Russia started the movement and the Trumpers didn't want what Russia wanted in electing Trump either. These were coordinated attempts (generally successful) at creating division within western democracies while destabilizing them. So in the end it doesn't matter that the US electorate wanted Trump cause "reasons" Russia got what they wanted by muddying the convo. Same thing with brexit I'd imagine.

Side note: I had no idea Russia was involved in any way in Brexit and now I'm fascinated. If they were though, and if it was in any way at all like our election, than Russia won pure and simple

Micael

Yeah don't doubt UKIP took money from Russia, but don't believe Farage was bought, he is just that much of a stupid racist asshole.

Cameron didn't have to allow a vote on Brexit did he?

Nop totally optional political move that will go down in history as one of the more monumental political miscalculations in history, and to think at one point the most embarrassing moment was the all pig fucking thing, bet he wishes he could go back to those glory days.

Auctopus

But Nigel's a British grafter? There's nobody who works harder than him to deliver Britain the independence they deserve, he distances himself from the global elite and cares about what the working man cares about, like hunting foxes, a dark ale and 'avin a fag.

I can't believe he would deceive us like this.

Top Bottom