• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Trump dossier' (Christopher Steele) on Russia links now part of Mueller's probe

Shadybiz

All kidding aside, pushing this "fake news" conspiracy theory is so incredibly dangerous.

True, but I think that for at least SOME people, it's having the opposite effect. I think that for some, the phrase has become less effective over time. Kind of like when a kid learns a joke. He tells the joke, and the adults laugh. But then, he keeps repeating the joke, and learns that the response diminishes quickly.

My dad is an example. He bought into this Fake News crap in the beginning (Trump's version of Fake News...not ACTUAL fake news). But the other week, we had this exchange, somewhat paraphrased:

Dad: It's starting to seem that Trump calls any negative report about him or his administration "Fake News," even if it's true.

Me: Yes Dad...that's correct.

...I'm glad he realized it eventually; took fucking long enough.

eshwaaz

True, but I think that for at least SOME people, it's having the opposite effect. I think that for some, the phrase has become less effective over time. Kind of like when a kid learns a joke. He tells the joke, and the adults laugh. But then, he keeps repeating the joke, and learns that the response diminishes quickly.

My dad is an example. He bought into this Fake News crap in the beginning (Trump's version of Fake News...not ACTUAL fake news). But the other week, we had this exchange, somewhat paraphrased:

Dad: It's starting to seem that Trump calls any negative report about him or his administration "Fake News," even if it's true.

Me: Yes Dad...that's correct.

...I'm glad he realized it eventually; took fucking long enough.
Hallelujah. Hope this realization is happening for a lot of people.

HylianTom

Banned
Robert Mueller & Agent Christopher Steele in FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE
🙃
FC6_CEFBF-_A06_E-4883-_A821-854_F4_E588217.jpg

Man...fuckin' monkey's paw wish, this presidency. You know he never wanted to win and just liked bitching about politicians and getting praised for it.

Suck it, goblin. Hope your business empire crumbles and/or you go to jail.

Top Bottom