• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN: Mueller's team met with Russia dossier author

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
Wow, thanks. So when crazy Fox News anchors talk about all of the holes in the Steele Dossier are they really only talking about this one thing? I figured they had at least a few things to point to.

It's easy to figure out: when fox news anchors talk about _______, they lie.

It's easy to figure out: when fox news anchors talk about _______, they lie.

Well, yeah, obviously. But although I don't watch Fox News I'm willing to assume that even if they are lying or being intellectually dishonest they would generally have more than one piece of "evidence" to dispute something like this. I was just curious what they use to discredit the dossier and how that aligns with objective reality.

antonz

So Maddow is reporting that a Steele Associate has stated that Steele actually said yes to the Congressional invitation. If this is true then there is even more fuckery going on in congress

@MaddowBlog

BREAKING: Associate of Steele tells #Maddow that Steele said yes to Senate Intel meeting request.

antonz

Please be public please be public please be public

I think the issue here is Congress has specifically stated they are at a Wall and cant progress further. Have indicated prior that Steele has refused. So if he actually said yes and congress is saying he said no..

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
Why Isn't the Senate Intel Committee looking into the Fake News Networks in OUR country to see why so much of our news is just made up-FAKE!

I think the issue here is Congress has specifically stated they are at a Wall and cant progress further. Have indicated prior that Steele has refused. So if he actually said yes and congress is saying he said no..
Oh, I thought that news was breaking just now. Nevermind! But I do hope Steele gets a public hearing of some sort.

Note the bit at the end about Comey and why they didn't go more public than they did with the reveal to Fat Boy.

giphy.gif

Mueller's persona is here.

I want his persona/stand in fan art to be based off of the personification of Liberty named "And Justice for All"

Why isn’t a doctor looking in his head to see if he has a brain tumour?

That CAT scan would come back a black and white pic of Mueller.

jiiikoo

Banned
1..2.. Mueller’s coming for you
3..4.. Lock the White House door
5..6.. Grab your Twitter fix
7..8.. Gonna stay up late
9..10.. Never Tweet again

cameron

So Maddow is reporting that a Steele Associate has stated that Steele actually said yes to the Congressional invitation. If this is true then there is even more fuckery going on in congress

Article went up, NBC News: Trump Dossier Author Is in Talks With Senate Intel Committee
WASHINGTON — Christopher Steele, the former British intelligence operative who authored a 35-page dossier alleging that the Trump campaign colluded with Russia, has been in talks with the Senate Intelligence Committee about speaking to its leaders, three sources familiar with the situation told NBC News.

In a development first reported on The Rachel Maddow Show Thursday night, the sources disputed the characterization of the situation by Sen. Richard Burr (R-N.C.), the chairman of the committee. Burr said this week that Steele had flatly declined the committee's offer to speak to him, and the committee thus had "hit a brick wall," in its attempts to investigate the dossier.

One source close to Steele said that in late September, Steele relayed to Washington, through an associate, that Steele in fact would be happy to meet with Burr and Sen. Mark Warner of Virginia, the ranking Democrat.

Two other sources said the situation was "more complicated" than Burr portrayed during a news conference Wednesday.

Surfinn

Sobriquet

Burr said they hit a brick wall and that they had not gotten Steele to cooperate, didn't he? And now it's being reported that he may have already cooperated with the senate intel committee?

Yes Burr said that Steele declined to meet with the Senate Intelligence Committee.

I don't know all of the details but could this be a situation where they're both right, just at different times?

When Steele was introduced to the public months ago as the author of the dossier, he sure seemed to want no part of these investigations. Fast forward a bit from there and you have stories about some Republicans trying to seek him out directly (and I guess aggressively) while at the same time the various congressional committees were trying to dialogue on bringing him in for testimony, to the point where both of those efforts were at odds with each other.

But then the head of Fusion GPS switched gears and decided the time was right to cooperate and provide testimony. Maybe that was also the time where Steele took a heel turn as well.

If I've got my timetable right then the situation was a lot more fluid until relatively recently.

Sobriquet

I don't know all of the details but could this be a situation where they're both right, just at different times?

When Steele was introduced to the public months ago as the author of the dossier, he sure seemed to want no part of these investigations. Fast forward a bit from there and you have stories about some Republicans trying to seek him out directly (and I guess aggressively) while at the same time the various congressional committees were trying to dialogue on bringing him in for testimony, to the point where both of those efforts were at odds with each other.

But then the head of Fusion GPS switched gears and decided the time was right to cooperate and provide testimony. Maybe that was also the time where Steele took a heel turn as well.

If I've got my timetable right then the situation was a lot more fluid until relatively recently.
Steele's associate said he accepted in September. Burr's press conference was two days ago.

Yeah.. but then what? Then you suddenly have a United Republican party. Of course i agree that the insane orange fucking idiot has to go.

the viewpoints of Trump supporters don't just immediately evaporate if he's impeached

Republicans are going to have to contend with those viewpoints as long as they continue to be prevalent

Allied services in Europe tried to warn the CIA; we still don't have the full picture what the outgoing Obama administration did with that intelligence.

From what we know, we all figured Clinton was going to win, so going whole hog into shitting all over the competitor would sow discontent even further. Because we got cocksure about the polling, we ended up having it blow up in our faces.

AndyD

aka andydumi
If it is all found to be true, in a court of law, could Trump be executed for treason?
Someone mentioned reason is limited to war time crimes. Since we are not at war it would likely be espionage typer crimes. Not discussing the financial or other fraud type things going on.

BlueWord

From what we know, we all figured Clinton was going to win, so going whole hog into shitting all over the competitor would sow discontent even further. Because we got cocksure about the polling, we ended up having it blow up in our faces.

That, and when the information was floated to GOP leadership, McConnell basically said he'd walk out onto the white house lawn and hold a press conference claiming the White House was attempting to meddle in the election.

Lightningboalt

Neo Member
Well, yeah, obviously. But although I don't watch Fox News I'm willing to assume that even if they are lying or being intellectually dishonest they would generally have more than one piece of "evidence" to dispute something like this. I was just curious what they use to discredit the dossier and how that aligns with objective reality.

Fox anchors rarely have any kind of evidence at all to anything they say. It's just kind of how they operate, they discredit things by saying "biased liberal media" and having their base immediately lap that up.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
The ratio of objective/subjective statements on Fox News is sad. Even worse a good chunk of their objective statements are lies.

If it is all found to be true, in a court of law, could Trump be executed for treason?

Yes, but that's not something the federal government really does lately.

Top Bottom