• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Trump dossier' (Christopher Steele) on Russia links now part of Mueller's probe

If it's any consolation, Mueller is certainly accelerating the case (and tying unpardonable state charges into it) to insulate it from any actions Trump could take.

pigeon

Banned
The hope of an eventual impeachment that many hope for as a result of this is a much more implausible outcome than can be expected from what the public currently knows about the situation. It's overvalued, so that even if it does result in a win of some fashion, it will be disappointing relative to the expectation.

There are also the unknowns currently at play, but given the past pattern of wishful thinking that I've observed over the years, I'm not holding my breath.

How did you get this from the quote you posted

Ithil

Is that your take away?

I'm saying that it sets a bad example for the IC to oust a President, and if he's not ousted it still hurts out democracy.

I think everyone is so gung ho about rushing this dude to prison when it's like there are consequences to this.

You know what sets a bad precedent?

When a bigoted, stupid, ignorant and amoral crook with zero political experience or knowledge, and a history of corruption and failed businesses can be elected president of your country by a campaign of racism, sexism and regressive idiocy, helped by a foreign power who wishes to destabilize the country by interfering in its elections, and a moronic news media who would rather concentrate on blown up nonsense "scandals" over the emails of the highly qualified and experienced other candidate.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
I hope this orange turd goes to jail just like everyone else here but is anyone thinking about the consequences to our democracy where the intelligence community ousters a president?

Isn't that a step away from them dictating who runs the state?

I think there is a lot of glad handing without thinking of the long term consequences of something like this, it's a no win situation because Russia has done irreparable harm to our democracy no matter what the outcome.

This just isn't about Trump but the idea that American democracy was the example the free world looked to for guidance and that is now lost, our standing is diminished, and we no longer have the moral high ground.

#sad

When he's a fucking criminal? I have zero problems with that. Take your bullshit elsewhere.

Lunar15

I hope this orange turd goes to jail just like everyone else here but is anyone thinking about the consequences to our democracy where the intelligence community ousters a president?

I think there is a lot of glad handing without thinking of the long term consequences of something like this, it's a no win situation because Russia has done irreparable harm to our democracy no matter what the outcome.

This just isn't about Trump but the idea that American democracy was the example the free world looked to for guidance and that is now lost, our standing is diminished, and we no longer have the moral high ground.

#sad

This isn't even the first time this has happened. Remember Nixon?

#sad

laughing-gifs-foolish-human.gif

Is that your take away?

I'm saying that it sets a bad example for the IC to oust a President, and if he's not ousted it still hurts out democracy.

I think everyone is so gung ho about rushing this dude to prison when it's like there are consequences to this.

The intelligence community valuing an existential threat to the nation above partisan politics and personal loyalty is a good thing. They're sworn to defend the constitution, not the clown who sits in the Oval Office. They're civil servants and should serve the country even when corruption interferes with the chain of command. As long as they fight this threat while staying true to the law of the land, it's working as intended.

Countries where spooks blindly and silently follow the dear leader tend to be horrible places for the average citizen.

Mr. F

Banned

#sad

Greetings from the rest of the world; It's been a minute, my dude.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
How did you get this from the quote you posted

There is a past precedent for non-cooperation. There are many possible reasons for that, and the ones postulated by others in this thread could indeed be correct. But I have my doubts. We'll just wait and see what comes of it all in the end.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

#sad

"NOW" lost? We haven't had the moral high ground for a while now. Exporting democracy via coups, proxy wars, and outright wars isn't a good look.

Magwik

Banned

#sad

Well yeah, Putin already won. We can at least put the pieces back together.

#sad

Mueller cant oust the president. Only Congress. His job is to find or fail to find evedince of wrong doing. Then congress (will hopefully) act.

Also dont pretend that impeaching a president is going to tank us as a country. Trump has hurt dimplotic relations with our allies since day 1. We have nearly impeached Nixon before he resigned and this is no different. Except if trumps crimes are real, he would be a litteral enemy of the state.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Mueller cant oust the president. Only Congress. His job is to find or fail to find evedince of wrong doing. Then congress (will hopefully) act.

This. The only way congress or better to say the Republican will act is if they are in danger. Get out and vote heavily for 2018.

BasicMath

Is anyone else troubled that Mueller's apparently just now looking into this? This shit should've been week 1.
This, to me, seems like the last stop in the investigation. Checking out unverified/unfounded claims made by an opposition research investigator who was hired by a desperate low-energy sore loser if I recall correctly. Makes sense if you think about it considering he got rid of some lawyers already.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Is anyone else troubled that Mueller's apparently just now looking into this? This shit should've been week 1.

Why do you think he's only just looking into it now? He's simply taken over that aspect of the FBI investigation directly. Prior to this, he had full access to any information he needed from the case. This is a noose tightening, not a sudden realization.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
This, to me, seems like the last stop in the investigation. Checking out unverified/unfounded claims made by an opposition research investigator who was hired by a desperate low-energy sore loser if I recall correctly. Makes sense if you think about it considering he got rid of some lawyers already.

Lol

You're not fooling anyone

cdyhybrid

This is a low energy post

You know what sets a bad precedent?

When a bigoted, stupid, ignorant and amoral crook with zero political experience or knowledge, and a history of corruption and failed businesses can be elected president of your country by a campaign of racism, sexism and regressive idiocy, helped by a foreign power who wishes to destabilize the country by interfering in its elections, and a moronic news media who would rather concentrate on blown up nonsense "scandals" over the emails of the highly qualified and experienced other candidate.

This is a good summary of the state of affairs in the US.

RPGCrazied

I think Trump is fucked. Might not be today, tomorrow or another year from now. But with this, and Mueller working with the IRS, there just has to be a mountain of damning information about Donald.

jiiikoo

Banned
1..2.. Mueller’s coming for you
3..4.. Lock the White House door
5..6.. Grab your Twitter fix
7..8.. Gonna stay up late
9..10.. Never Tweet again

ShaunBRS

1..2.. Mueller’s coming for you
3..4.. Lock the White House door
5..6.. Grab your Twitter fix
7..8.. Gonna stay up late
9..10.. Never Tweet again

Eins Zwei, British spy
Drei Vier, dossier
Funf Sechs, Russian cheques
Sieben Acht, kompromat

Ishan

#sad

Actually not really most other countries find other democracies just as Britain France Scandinavian countries just fine and in some ways maybe better some ways worse . This concept of America being the shining beacon for humanity is a very American way of looking at it . The world sees America as a military and economic super power but not as the moral or principal authority on the planet .

Maedre

Banned

#sad

Well... I know that I’m not the first person to point at this but... yeah... bad news. Clinton was the last time the USA had a positiv image for me and many others. Bush destroyed this picture fast. Obama was barely able to fix this and trump is... I don’t even have words for him.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

Why Isn't the Senate Intel Committee looking into the Fake News Networks in OUR country to see why so much of our news is just made up-FAKE!

eshwaaz

All kidding aside, pushing this "fake news" conspiracy theory is so incredibly dangerous.
For sure. Even if Mueller presents irrefutable evidence that Trump and his cronies flagrantly broke the law on multiple occasions and undeniably committed treason, Trump supporters won't believe it, and never will. It's astounding to me that millions are choosing to believe the words of a pathological liar - and not even a good one.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

Why Isn't the Senate Intel Committee looking into the Fake News Networks in OUR country to see why so much of our news is just made up-FAKE!

He's been doubling down on the "FAKE NEWS" the last few days. Did something happen?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I have never seen any world leader I wanted to take a fall as bad as trump.

GOD i hope this all comes to something.

Top Bottom