• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

Nikkei Trendy reports rumor that PS Vita Monster Hunter due for 2012H2

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Jun 10, 2004
Windsor, UK
Nikkei Trendy printed that an industry insider says a PS Vita-bound Monster Hunter will be released in the second half of this year.
http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/5655070.html

hmm.

TBH if it was going to happen, they would never have announced it prior to MH3G, to avoid impacting sales. But now thats done, there is potential for something on vita I think.

Even if its a MH3G port,or some side-version to get around exclusivity agreements.

Ramune

Oct 22, 2006
Nikkei Trendy printed that an industry insider says a PS Vita-bound Monster Hunter will be released in the second half of this year.
http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/5655070.html

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
May 21, 2006
Nirolak mentioned that this might be of enough interest to enough people to justify a split-bump, so I did one.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Jun 8, 2004
Annnddd all credibility is lost. Good luck fitting a bigger battery in there!

Better battery life can come from lower power consumption. And things shrink over time.

One of the big complaints about 3DS is battery life. It would be astonishing if Nintendo doesn't address that with a revision to one degree or another.

(But I would prefer a 3DS XL :( )

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Mar 10, 2011
theflyingthoughtsblog.wordpress.com
Mmmh, if it's just MHP3rd HD Version for Vita, it's kind of useless, at this point.

About 3DS Lite... well, it'll happen sooner or later, I just hope later, I mean " Q1 2013 late"

One thing: how much is this insider ( if we know who he is) reliable?

Xater

Jul 28, 2007
Mmmh, if it's just MHP3rd HD Version for Vita, it's kind of useless, at this point.

About 3DS Lite... well, it'll happen sooner or later, I just hope later, I mean " Q1 2013 late"

One thing: how much is this insider ( if we know who he is) reliable?

Well if Nikkei thinks it's worth mentioning it should be pretty credible. As far as I know they have a good track record.

Erethian

Jan 20, 2010
Better battery life can come from lower power consumption. And things shrink over time.

One of the big complaints about 3DS is battery life. It would be astonishing if Nintendo doesn't address that with a revision to one degree or another.

(But I would prefer a 3DS XL :( )

They're still getting manufacturing to a point where they aren't taking a loss on each unit sold, so it seems unlikely that they'd be getting more efficient parts this year.

And more generally these rumours seem like someone made some seemingly super obvious predictions, more than anything else. Because unless MH4 is a 2013 title I don't see why Capcom would release two new games in the same year. Unless they've entered franchise-milking mode.

Defuser

Sep 23, 2006
Singapore
MH vita out this year? Seems possible. MHP3rd was revealed and released within a year,but I don't expect a graphic overhaul.They better have a new class.

Pureauthor

Jun 11, 2006
It just sounds like they're throwing stuff at a wall and seeing what sticks.

Would like to see this come true, though!

Mpl90

Mar 10, 2011
Well if Nikkei thinks it's worth mentioning it should be pretty credible. As far as I know they have a good track record.

Yeah, I know about the very good Nikkei track, but the other times those were news, not rumors from a insider. And he said so far things that seems reasonable so much anyone could say that: MH Vita, even if it seems Capcom wants to bring the audience to 3DS...but it's Capcom after all XD ; 3DS Lite, without a release period.

I just don't know this time. And I repeat: a MHP3rd HD Version would be a bit useless, at this point.

Mpl90

Mar 10, 2011

cvxfreak

Jun 7, 2004
Tokyo
www.twitter.com
I don't believe this rumor myself, but if it does happen, a version of Tri G seems most likely. Perhaps compatible somehow with MHP3 save data as a bonus for Vita owners?

Defuser

Sep 23, 2006
Singapore
I don't believe this rumor myself, but if it does happen, a version of Tri G seems most likely. Perhaps compatible somehow with MHP3 save data as a bonus for Vita owners?

How many more variants of tri are they gonna release? This is reaching SF2 levels if what you say is true lol.