• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nin-Network Acct locked to system it was made on [Upd: Customer Service can't help]

Hi Wario. Good luck getting that ID.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/270236163460173824

FmUn3.png

Hahaha

i guess if you care enough about your ID you'll have to buy your friends system...
this is pretty ridiculous, although most consumers will not mark it as a problem.
the shitty framerates, however...

hwy_61

Banned
GB just read into it some more and it sounds like you have to delete the Mii connected to the NNID on the console you linked it to to... switch it to another console? I don't know, it sounds really confusing. They really should patch it, it's retarded.

Then what happens to your games?

zroid

Banned
This doesn't really even affect me that much (I've only ever used my PSN on a different PS3 once and it was to let someone try a game I own), but I'm still amazingly frustrated. :<

I can only imagine how you all who actually need to feature feel.

The Boat

No, not "pretty much". Why is it I can play any game I bought digitally on any 360 I want? It's not a given that Nintendo's method is the way it should be done. Especially when no one else does it this inane way.
What do you want me to tell you? I expected them to do this, if you didn't There's nothing I can do about it. Never said it's a good thing.

Dantis

Good to see Nintendo taking online functionality as seriously as ever.

It's cool guys, Microsoft have only had it set up since like 2003.

I'm sure there's some way to transfer things from one Wii U to another. It might be more of a hassle (calling support) but I'm sure it's there.

It doesn't matter if there are other methods. The fact that a network account is tied to one specific console is nonsensical in 2012, especially when your competition got it right over six years ago. Unacceptable.

Takao

Banned
Instead of having 5000 different Nintendo Directs in a month this company should instead spend that money on online infrastructure, 'cause Wii U's launch has proven that beyond a reasonable doubt, shit's still not there.

Theoretically it makes sense in that it avoids two people logged into one account at the same time.

Your other account gets logged out. This system is broken because it's illogical to be tied permenantly. If Nintendo cares they have to change that feature for the people that are actually supporting them today.

I saw the bit when they started to get worried about the account being tied, but I missed the recent segment when they really tried it and discovered Nintendo's screwup.

entremet

Instead of having 5000 different Nintendo Directs in a month this company should instead spend that money on online infrastructure, 'cause Wii U's launch has proven that beyond a reasonable doubt, shit's still not there.

Pretty sure ND's aren't in the same level of costs as RD and maintenance for a new online network.

Its there. They are actively saying no.
If it weren't there I'd just go 'oh Nintendo' but instead am 'fuck off Nintendo'.

This ID isn't really an ID as it stands. I don't understand.

Nintendo is absolutely retarded.
I imagine them banging their head against walls, drooling on the floor while using their feces to write down their network setup.

Seriously, this is hillarious. It's idiotic beyond imagination, it defies the idea of accounts. Why the flying fuck would they do this other than complete cognitive disfunction.

There is no excuse for this.

There simply isn't.

Well MS changed their account handling as well, so maybe by the end of 2020 Nintendo will do so as well.

Holy shit this is pathethic.

Overreaction of the century.

XenodudeX

I guess you guys better take care of your Wii U until they implement the system. Who knows when they will roll that out though.

well I wont be downloading any retail games!

console bricks! there goes all my digital downloads :(

the consumer gets screwed again!

What do you want me to tell you? I expected them to do this, if you didn't There's nothing I can do about it. Never said it's a good thing.

My bad. I thought your comment implied that this is how we should expect things to be done. You meant by Nintendo. And yes, you're right, I'm not sure why I expected more. When I heard they were doing accounts, I didnt think it would be like this.

Theoretically it makes sense in that it avoids two people logged into one account at the same time.

Steam handles it just fine. Same with Gmail, and probably lots of other services.

This is boneheaded stubbornness on the part of Nintendo, IMO. They just don't care.

I bought a deluxe and tried it for about an hour (40 minutes of which was spent on updates). Returning it to Walmart. The Wii U is basically what the Wii should have been, minus the tablet. But for 2012 it's quite disappointing. Maybe I'll pick it up again in the spring when there's something on the platform that's compelling.

Einbroch

Banned
I've owned one SNES, one N64, one Gamecube and one Wii. Not really an issue for me.

The issue is that I put my 360 account on a thumbstick and take it to my friends to play Halo all the time. Stuff like that just won't happen now. Also, local multiplayer is HUGE for the Wii U. With this, accounts won't transfer over, so activity logs and the Miiverse stuff is locked to what you play on that one console.

That's the problem. And it's kinda a big one.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I bought a deluxe and tried it for about an hour (40 minutes of which was spent on updates). Returning it to Walmart. The Wii U is basically what the Wii should have been, minus the tablet. But for 2012 it's quite disappointing. Maybe I'll pick it up again in the spring when there's something on the platform that's compelling.

Do you have ADHD?

well I wont be downloading any retail games!

console bricks! there goes all my digital downloads :(

the consumer gets screwed again!

Nintendo said:
Can I Set Up More Than One Nintendo Network Account on My Wii U?
Answer:

Yes, up to 12 Nintendo Network Accounts can be associated to a Wii U console at a time.
Once an NNA has been created, it can be deleted from the system. However it cannot usually be transferred to a different Wii U.

"Usually" means that if you contact Nintendo support, they'll probably have measures in place that allow you to transfer your account over if the system breaks.

XenodudeX

Steam handles it just fine. Same with Gmail, and probably lots of other services.

This is boneheaded stubbornness on the part of Nintendo, IMO. They just don't care.

Yeah they definitely don't care. That's why they aren't releasing an update to address thi-

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/sys...ur_account.jsp

Can I Log Into My Nintendo Network Account on a Different Console?
Answer:

-No, you cannot. A Nintendo Network Account can only be used on the console where it was created. In the future, you will be able to use your Nintendo Network Account with future Nintendo consoles and other devices, such as PC's.

-Currently, the Wii U supports up to 12 individual Nintendo Network ID's per console, which enables each member of the family to have his or her own unique identity on the system.

...Oh.

qq more

Can't you unlink it to your console and then log on the account on another system? I was under the impression you could do that. At least I hope you can do that :/

EDIT: Oh what? Really Nintendo?

Why would he care? He even says there he probably will never buy a Wii U.

he thinks people care about his nickname outside of gaf xD

Yeah they definitely don't care. That's why they aren't releasing an update to address thi-

Answer:

-No, you cannot. A Nintendo Network Account can only be used on the console where it was created. In the future, you will be able to use your Nintendo Network Account with future Nintendo consoles and other devices, such as PC's.

yeah...on the the future..THANK GOD NINTENDO

The Boat

My bad. I thought your comment implied that this is how we should expect things to be done. You meant by Nintendo. And yes, you're right, I'm not sure why I expected more. When I heard they were doing accounts, I didnt think it would be like this.
It's all good.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
What's the problem here?
Nothing, they did a great job since they were under warranty. Aside from the 3-4 weeks total of being out the system.

If it had not been under warranty, I would not have been able to purchase a new system and simply download my purchases.
You missed my point though that Nintendo systems are not impervious to defects, so a real account system is needed.

Answer:

-Currently, the Wii U supports up to 12 individual Nintendo Network ID's per console, which enables each member of the family to have his or her own unique identity on the system.

...Oh.

Where does it say you'll be able to log in to your Nintendo Account that's linked to your Wii U on another Wii U?

wsippel

Banned
That's really, really stupid. Incredibly stupid. I hope they fix it, but I heavily doubt it. Guess I'll continue to buy my retail games on disk for the time being...

Top Bottom