• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nindies Summer Showcase coming 8/30 [Over]

13ruce

Banned
I need these release dates:
Shakedown Hawaii.
Hollow Knight.
Enter the Gungeon.
Steamworld Dig 2.
The end is Nigh.
Hollow Knight.
Dead Cells.
Stardew Valley.
Rocket League.
Terraria.
Owlboy.

Algebrah

I have been Googling "Stardew Valley release date" every day since June. I hope we get a better idea for when it's coming.

LordKano

Northern Summer ends on August 31.

Astronomical Summer ends in September.

Humans usually go by the meteorological seasons.

https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/news/meteorological-versus-astronomical-summer—what’s-difference

Summer ends in late September, that's just how it is, I don't know what jank is that meteorological season.

Probably more Indies to be shown here than "big publisher" third party games?

By the look of it it will likely be 100% smaller indies games.

Thores

A few days ago, the Chucklefish blog talked about further delays for Pocket Rumble (and Wargroove).
I know. Here's a quote from the Pocket Rumble portion of that blog post:
I don’t want to give you a release date until we’re absolutely sure, but I think we’ll have good news for you soon.
"Soon" could mean a Direct about a week later, don't you think?

LordKano

Here's the huge-ass list of everything that was announced during the last Nindies Showcase :
5057837b646a3c0cac2ea7635378179a.jpg

Plum

Outside of release dates (Dig 2, Hollow Knight, Runner 3 are ones I'm hoping for), I'm looking forward to seeing what new games are there. The last one had a whole bunch of new games announced, this should hopefully be the same.

I'm also struggling to think of what "wild card" games there could possibly be announced. Maybe late ports of Night in the Woods, INSIDE, etc but I don't know. Salt and Sanctuary would be amazing as neither the PS4 or Vita versions were ones I really wanted to stick with.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Show

- hollow knight
- nidhogg 2
- the new game from binding of Isaac dude

And I will say 'yaaaay' quite loudly

Tesser

I don't often make wild predictions, but for the first time in a while I'm in a good mood today...so...

Owlboy
coming to Switch

Smeags

Hopefully Terraria will be out sometime this year with 1.3 content. Can't wait to dive in.

That and Hollow Knight are my two most anticipated Nindie games!

Fireblend

Banned
I don't often make wild predictions, but for the first time in a while I'm in a good mood today...so...

Owlboy
coming to Switch

That was confirmed months ago, during BitSummit. I still think it's coming in 2018 though, so I'm not too hopeful we'll see it on this presentation.

Looking at that picture above, I wouldn't mind seeing Ittle Dew 2 release soon either. That looks like a fun game from what I've seen.

Steve Gaynor of Fullbright retweeted Game Informer's story on this.

I might be reading too much into it, but if this means Tacoma on Switch, I will flip out.

Maxinas

How long has Stardew Valley been in testing? Didn't they say no release date would be stated until testing was 95% ready?

Neiteio

I want Hotline Miami to come to Switch, with HD Rumble that's physically painful in that one mission where you try to defuse the bomb

I played on PC with a 360 controller and that's the first time a controller's rumble made my hands hurt, lol

I want Hotline Miami to come to Switch, with HD Rumble that's physically painful in that one mission where you try to defuse the bomb

I played on PC with a 360 controller and that's the first time a controller's rumble made my hands hurt, lol

Heck yeah. Loved playing it on Vita and haven't tried the sequel yet!

ksamedi

Looking forward to hear about
Escapist 2
Enter the gunguon
Stardew valley
Pocket rumble

And hopefully a Snipperclips extension.

jariw

Wasn't Duck Game coming to Switch?

That's correct.

Also, what about Brawlout?

Yes, that was announced a couple of weeks ago. I've compiled a list of some of the games that have been announced during just the past month, where there have been new announcements almost daily:

* Boiling Bolt
* Brawl
* Brawlout
* Descenders
* Fe
* Frederic: Resurrection of Music
* The Flame in the Flood
* Ghost 1.0
* Hollow
* Human: Fall Flat
* Inversus Deluxe
* Jackbox Party Pack 4