• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nindies Summer Showcase coming 8/30 [Over]

God, I hope this means we'll finally see a Hollow Knight date. Wargroove was second on my list, but it was already quietly bumped to 2018.

Among other known quantities, I'm definitely keeping an eye on SteamWorld Dig 2, Thimbleweed Park, and Golf Story, and I'd be happy to double-dip in Stardew Valley even if I'm not even close to exhausted with my PC file yet. And I know we're sitting on a titanic backlog of undated ports that were announced already, but I have my fingers crossed for new surprises. In the first Nindies show, Graceful Explosion Machine came out of nowhere as a rumble-enabled timed exclusive, arrived on the shop in short order, and instantly secured its place as one of this year's great and unforeseen delights. My Switch budget is beyond stretched, but I'd love to see something like that happen again.

Eff all of your INFERIOR games! It's all about Yooka-Laylee Switch baby! ;P

Seriously, I hope we get real footage, a date, AND a confirmation of a retail release. Don't disappoint me Playtonic and Team17!

Also super excited to see what new surprises we'll see. Can you imagine if we had DOZENS of games announced like last time, even on a giant image of logos like at the end? It was fun picking out all of those LOL! XD

Fully expecting a megaton Direct:

Owlboy
Stardew Valley
Yooka-Laylee
Golf Story
Hollow Knight
The Stanley Parable
Undertale
Half-Life 2: Episode 3
Super Smash Bros. 5
Switch Virtual Console w/ Mother 3 at launch
Shenmue III (1 year of timed exclusivity on Switch)
Metroid Prime 4 Release Date (Nov 2017)
Pikmin 4
Warioware for Nintendo Switch
Final Fantasy VII Remake for Nintendo Switch
Scalebound ressurrected for Nintendo Switch
Bloodborne 2 (exclusive to Nintendo Switch)
Mario Golf RPG for Nintendo Switch

The last Nindies Direct was really awesome and help bring hype to my Switch purchase, so I hope this is in a similar format.

Excited for this!

I knew there was a lot of indies that need dates but seeing people list what they are hoping releases soon and I still forgot about a lot of them. Really is going to be a packed fall on Switch if we get dates on the indies that were set to launch this year from the original Nindie showcase.

Edit: Yooka Laylee really needs to launch in Sep to avoid launching near/after Mario.

Plum

*Frictional Games logo appears*

*Everyone thinks it's just an Amnesia port or something*

*First person, someone's walking through a spooky mansion*

*Suddenly, things start going wrong with the stream*

*Glitches, artefacting, skipping*

*Stream goes black*

*Eternal Darkness Coming 2019 appears*

*GAF goes down for multiple days*

It's not happening but god damn would it be hype if it did.

MrKeinov

Crossing fingers for that "You can download SteamWorld dig 2 right after the presentation" moment. Swap steamworld with any higher profile indie game you can think of. My switch is hungry for some quality titles.

quabba

I knew there was a lot of indies that need dates but seeing people list what they are hoping releases soon and I still forgot about a lot of them. Really is going to be a packed fall on Switch if we get dates on the indies that were set to launch this year from the original Nindie showcase.

Edit: Yooka Laylee really needs to launch in Sep to avoid launching near/after Mario.

Yes Yooka Laylee launching after Mario would be terrible for it.

Want that Stardew Valley on my switch now please.

Plum

Crossing fingers for that "You can download SteamWorld dig 2 right after the presentation" moment. Swap steamworld with any higher profile indie game you can think of. My switch is hungry for some quality titles.

I'm hoping that isn't the case. I've yet to finish the OT as I'm waiting for that release date and some platform confirmations before I start filling things in. If they pulled a Sega Saturn on me I'd be the laughing stock of NeoGAF.

Knowing my luck it'll actually happen, a mod will see this post and I will be tagged "The laughing stock of NeoGAF."

Yes Yooka Laylee launching after Mario would be terrible for it.

Want that Stardew Valley on my switch now please.

Yea it's already a late port and to launch after Mario would hurt its sales potential. With mostly Wii U ports in Sep I think it could do well in September. Hopefully it's ready.

I'm REALLY hoping we get a lot of indie title for late August and September because September doesn't have any brand new retail Switch games. If Nintendo can get a good indie title week after week in September would be great

oatmeal

Banned
I want:

- Yooka Laylee (Maybe)
- Rime
- Hollow Knight
- Steamworld Dig 2
- Wargroove
- Stardew Valley

Give me something soon!

Platy

Fully expecting a megaton Direct:

Owlboy
Stardew Valley
Yooka-Laylee
Golf Story
Hollow Knight
The Stanley Parable
Undertale
Half-Life 2: Episode 3
Super Smash Bros. 5
Switch Virtual Console w/ Mother 3 at launch
Shenmue III (1 year of timed exclusivity on Switch)
Metroid Prime 4 Release Date (Nov 2017)
Pikmin 4
Warioware for Nintendo Switch
Final Fantasy VII Remake for Nintendo Switch
Scalebound ressurrected for Nintendo Switch
Bloodborne 2 (exclusive to Nintendo Switch)
Mario Golf RPG for Nintendo Switch

No way .... FF7 remake is not indie !

qko

This excites me more than a typical direct since they dropped so many exclusives and timed exclusives the last time

Blues1990

Unless if I also get a pass for Saturday, I'll miss out on the cool shit that they'll showcase on that day. Otherwise, I can't wait to play what the upcoming indie titles the Nintendo Switch will have to offer.

Top Bottom