• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninety-Nine Nights hits Japan on 4/20; 360 owners prepare to smoke up

6,800 yen. Release below.

Xbox 360(TM)専用ゲーム『NINETY-NINE NIGHTS(TM) (N3)』
発売日2006年4月20日(木)、価格6,800円(税抜)に決定

マイクロソフト株式会社(本社 : 東京都渋谷区)は、次世代家庭用ゲーム機
Xbox 360(TM)専用ゲーム「NINETY-NINE NIGHTS(TM) (N3)」を
2006年4月20日(木)に、希望小売価格6,800円(税抜)にて発売することを発表しました。

「NINETY-NINE NIGHTS(N3)」は、ゲーム業界に様々な新機軸を打ち立ててきた、
キューエンタテインメントの水口哲也氏が、韓国屈指の開発会社ファンタグラム社と手を組み、
Xbox 360向けに手掛けるプロデュース最新作になります。ディレクターにファンタグラム社の
サンユン リー氏、そしてクリエイティブ ディレクターには同社のヘンリ リー氏が就き、
ファンタグラム社とキューエンタテインメント社との国際的なコラボレーションは次世代機に
新しいエンターテイメントのスタイルを提供することでしょう。このゲームでは、
光と闇の葛藤が垣間見えるヒューマンドラマと、大軍勢相手に繰り広げる爽快アクションが
ひとつになった、全く新しいゲームプレイを提供します。独特な空気を感じさせる
完全オリジナルなファンタジー世界、斬新なデザインの中に親しみ易さを感じるキャラクターデザイン、
そしてそれら全てをユーザーの視覚に強烈な刺激として届ける圧倒的な次世代グラフィックス。
さらに5.1chによる音響体験。あくまでも究極のエンターテイメント体験こそが、
水口氏が本作品で追及するものになります。

■公式サイトwww.n3-game.jp がリニューアルオープン
背景のテーマ色の一新、そして全く新しいコンテンツの追加と共に
「NINETY-NINE NIGHTS(N3)」の公式サイト(www.n3-game.jp) がリニューアルオープンしました。
今後は充実したコンテンツを定期的に追加し、本作品に関する情報が次々と発信されていく予定です。

NINETY-NINE NIGHTS(N3)のパッケージ素材や画面素材は
Xbox 360公式プレスサイト(www.xbox.com/jp/press)か&#124...2364;できます。

タイトル概要
タイトル表記 NINETY-NINE NIGHTS(TM) (N3)
英語表記 NINETY-NINE NIGHTS(TM) (N3)
日本語カナ読み: ナインティナイン ナイツ(エヌ スリー)
発売元 マイクロソフト
開発会社 キューエンタテインメント/ファンタグラム
発売予定日 2006年4月20日
希望小売価格 6,800円(税抜)
ジャンル ファンタジーアクション
プレイ人数 1名
HDTV、Dolby Digital(5.1ch) 対応
対象年齢(CERO)15歳以上対象
コピーライト表記 (C)2006 Microsoft Corporation. All Rights reserved.

tegdf

i bet the game, even if its good, won't sell more than 50K in japan

also is it even coming to the US?

I'd say the craziest thing is that ANY company would pit a new game release in the same week that a new Dragon Quest AND a new Mother are gonna hit. All other video games should run screaming from 4/20.

Tabris

Kobun Heat said:
I'd say the craziest thing is that ANY company would pit a new game release in the same week that a new Dragon Quest AND a new Mother are gonna hit. All other video games should run screaming from 4/20.

Well it's a DQ Side Game and Mother is more of a cult hit.

I don't think there's much to fear. With how the JP markets are right now, you want to avoid releasing your games when Brain Training games are released.

cvxfreak

Kobun Heat said:

No DS offerings that day either?

COME ON NAMCO DELAY TALES OF THE TEMPEST TO THAT DAY OR SOMETHING >:|

Bebpo

Banned
Jonnyram said:
Oh shit...

4/20
Mother 3
FFXI + Expansion (on 360 too)
N3
DQ Yangus
Okami

shiiiiiiit

Well at least my wallet is glad I don't play FFXI!

Okami better be the #1 selling game of the day or I I lose even more faith in Japanese gamers :(

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
RE-GION FREE *clap clap clapclapclap*

Kobun Heat said:
With this release positioning, Okami is definitely headed down the "cult hit" road, by which I mean it might be 500 yen at Sofmap in six months...

I don't really see it doing all that well. It looks pretty and all, but that's not going to get it anywhere near DQ or Mothers sales. I wouldn't even be that surprised if NNN outsold it at first.

Jonnyram

Tabris said:
Unless you have original sale numbers from the nes/snes games, then yes.
The games came out before they could count, but it's estimated each game sold roughly 10 billion copies.

Okami will sell like shit, regardless of the release date. Sorry, bebpo.

Jonnyram

I guess this is the final boxart:

n30vy.jpg

Yamaha98

If 99 Nights & FF MMOG does not make a substantial impact on X360 sales in JP then I guess it's okay to jump plank.

rastex

Banned
Yamaha98 said:
If 99 Nights & FF MMOG does not make a substantial impact on X360 sales in JP then I guess it's okay to jump plank.
How about you say that with EVERY new release in Japan, that'll definitely make it true.

Oh, and I'd just like to say that I called this here here. And I'm going to keep hope alive that it's region free or is released here before summer.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
rastex said:
How about you say that with EVERY new release in Japan, that'll definitely make it true.

Oh, and I'd just like to say that I called this here here. And I'm going to keep hope alive that it's region free or is released here before summer.
I think the only game that could make a difference in Japan is Blue Dragon. Toriyama is still a very big name there, and Blue Dragon certainly shows a lot of similarities with Dragon Quest too. If BD is a good game and it does not help 360 in Japan, then there is nothing more MS can do there.
As for the release date, I've been told N3 could be release in Europe before summer, nothing 100% reliable though.

Jonnyram

I agree about Blue Dragon being the ONLY game that can turn the 360 situation around in Japan. Other promising titles like N3, Lost Odyssey, Cry On, etc. could have decent sales, and even pick up the 360 hardware a little, but Blue Dragon is the only title which will make the 360 haters change their mind.

hmm, generally speaking i dont find rpg covers to be all that nice looking; but i really do like both of those, particularly the second...

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
Clicking the the analogue stick? Since when did this become a good idea? That is DUMB. Shoulder buttons for the win.

bloke

Jonnyram said:
I guess this is the final boxart:

n30vy.jpg
Ugly, funny how ingame 3d model actually looks cuter than original 2d character art.

789_0011.jpg

Hope this will hit PAL lands soon enough, so I'll have one more reason to get X360.

Wunderchu

I also think Blue Dragon is probably (speculating) the biggest upcoming game as far as Japan is concerned .. N3 will be quite big as well, with about the same level of anticipation as DOA4 , IMO .... but Blue Dragon will be on a whole other level, I think...

Bebpo

Banned
Wunderchu said:
I also think Blue Dragon is probably (speculating) the biggest upcoming game as far as Japan is concerned .. N3 will be quite big as well, with about the same level of anticipation as DOA4 , IMO .... but Blue Dragon will be on a whole other level, I think...

I wouldn't put the hype anywhere near DoA4 unless N3 comes with a mode to get the characters near-nude. N3 is not going to sell any systems to non-X360 owners and I doubt more than about 50% (so around 50-60k) of current owners will pick it up.

Bebpo

Banned
Gaijin To Ronin said:
N3 is region free? really?

Where did you get that? No Japanese X360 game has been region free to date and there is zero indication this game will either. People in the thread are chanting "region free" because they wish for it to happen, not because it is happening.

Wunderchu

Bebpo said:
Where did you get that? No Japanese X360 game has been region free to date and there is zero indication this game will either. People in the thread are chanting "region free" because they wish for it to happen, not because it is happening.
heh

Acosta

I thought the chant was because it was region free (you know, that is what I was asking in shock & awe).

Too good to be truth.

Top Bottom