• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninety-Nine Nights interview - new KUF for 360 announced?

Redbeard

Banned
http://www.xboxyde.com/news_2043_en.html

Some interesting stuff in here. N3 is using an enhanced KUF engine, 30-40 hours long, lots of physics-based stuff will be included, etc...

Do Phantagram have any more Xbox 360 games planned?

L: We just announced a new Kingdom Under Fire game for Xbox 360 today, with an even more upgraded engine.
We are thinking about using the KUF characters and world, but making it an action RPG instead.
By now we are pretty much Xbox 360 exclusive.

I must've missed this. A KUF action-RPG = <3

http://www.xbox.com/zh-SG/news/200509162.htm

"TOKYO, JAPAN, September 16, 2005 — Xbox® Asia and Blueside today announced Blueside’s never been announced title for Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. The title is developed exclusively for Xbox 360 by Blueside Studios, best known as the developer of the world-class Xbox titles, “Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders” and “Kingdom Under Fire: Heroes”.

The Xbox 360 title, tentatively named “Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom” is an action role playing game which is based on the world of Kingdom Under Fire where forces of light and darkness are locked in battle. Renowned internationally as the most epic fantasy game on Xbox, Korea’s acclaimed games developer made the announcement during Tokyo Game Show at a press conference for Asian media.

“The first two Kingdom Under Fire series were about the cross-over between action and real-time strategy challenging gamers to combine the skills of both hand and mind,” said Henry Lee, Game Director of Blueside. “With this latest installment of the Kingdom Under Fire franchise for Xbox 360, we’re planning to deliver the most overwhelming action role-playing game experience you just have to play it for yourself to believe.”

Henry Lee continued: “Yet adhering to our principal of being massive in scale and rich in game play, “Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom” will simply be the game for every gamer in any region to enjoy and tear through a thousand enemies.”

Alan Bowman, general manager for Asia Pacific and Greater China, Home and Entertainment Division, Microsoft said that the strong support of Asian developers for Xbox 360 builds on the great momentum Xbox has achieved in the region.

“Blueside is a great partner for Xbox and we are thrilled to enter the next generation with such a talented Asian developer on the Xbox 360 platform. Titles such as “Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom” underscore our commitment to bring world-class Asian content that will resonate with local players in the region and the rest of the world and take gamers to a whole new level of gaming experience.”
The Xbox 360 title will debut in fourth quarter 2006."

Mrbob

I'm glad KUF 360 is going into a different route. I'm not a big fan of the action/RTS mix from the Xbox KUF games.

Excelion

Banned
"TOKYO, JAPAN, September 16, 2005 — Xbox® Asia and Blueside today announced Blueside’s never been announced title for Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. The title is developed exclusively for Xbox 360 by Blueside Studios, best known as the developer of the world-class Xbox titles, “Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders” and “Kingdom Under Fire: Heroes”.

I'm a bit confused.
Phantagram changed their name to Blueside ?
Microsoft is the publisher ?

PhatSaqs

Banned
Excelion said:
I'm a bit confused.
Phantagram changed their name to Blueside ?
Microsoft is the publisher ?
Blueside is a developer and is seperate from Phantgram. They devd KUF: Heroes.

Isn't Blueside a part of Phantagram?

edit: ahh this clears it up a bit!

BLUESIDE, consisting of the core members who created Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders, is a developer of interactive game software with a mission to break new ground in the electronic entertainment industry. With highly experienced experts in game development, computer animation, and multimedia contents, BLUESIDE promises to deliver the most exciting and unique gaming experience to all console and PC gamers, transcending cultures and territories. For more information, visit http://www.blueside.co.kr

I was a bit confused because GameSpot's KOF:Heroes preview refers to the company as Phantagram's Blueside Studios.

rastex

Banned
SWEET. N3, KUF360, I love these guys! And if you read the entire interview for N3 you'll find out that there are some strategy elements where you take control over squads of guys. N3 is going to be AMAZING. And I can't even imagine how crazy KUF360 is going to be. It was already super intense and stunning on the original Xbox.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Redbeard said:
This is awesome! Strange I never saw this announcement on any major gaming sites.
Yeah, it was completely forgotten by pretty much every major sites in the middle of the TGS excitement.

Victrix

*beard*
Kind of bummed about this. But it's pretty clear the RTS mix isn't popular enough, so they're trying something different. There was an interview with the producer recently, and he commented on the popularity of the action elements, even mentioning how they added the (lame) hero battle mode to Heroes for Live players

Kobold

half-wit retard monkey's ass
They already mentioned KUF for next-gen some time ago! :) But it's good news, they could use all the support, nice to know the title.

bitwise

Banned
segatavis said:
The Xbox 360 title, tentatively named “Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom” is an action role playing game which is based on the world of Kingdom Under Fire where forces of light and darkness are locked in battle. Renowned internationally as the most epic fantasy game on Xbox, Korea’s acclaimed games developer made the announcement during Tokyo Game Show at a press conference for Asian media.
"

whoah hadnt heard about this -- sweet!!

where have i been I wonder

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Im glad phantogram are doing well, things looked bleak when NCsoft bought them just to shut them down, but now it seems they are back on the up again. Hopefully Strident will finally make a come back next gen.

Excelion

Banned
Blimblim said:
Hmmm, after compression the 10 minutes videos turned into a 450 MB monster (960x540 50fps). I'm not sure it's a good idea to put this online :p

Awwww, come on Blim Blim hook us up :D

BioFan

yes blim....the video please... :D

glad phantagram is staying with 360...good news for xbox fans...
a KUF action RPG would be awesome :D
definitely cant wait

Blim know anything about mizuguchi's 2nd 360 title?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
BioFan said:
yes blim....the video please... :D

glad phantagram is staying with 360...good news for xbox fans...
a KUF action RPG would be awesome :D
definitely cant wait

Blim know anything about mizuguchi's 2nd 360 title?
Uploading the video now.
Sorry, I have zero information about his second game.

Wow, I'm impressed by that video. I wish I could see some of the later levels of the game to see if the gameplay gets any better, but the graphics were very impressive overall and a good showcase of the potential of the system. I just wish that they would ease up on the effects that they use during the player's special attacks since they take up the whole screen and don't look as impressive as the normal combat.

If Phantagram could just deliver a great, visceral combat system in a game like this, it would be amazing. They visually impressive battles with tons of guys duking it out, but they need to improve on making their combat fun and making everyone look like they are fighting rather than just repeating the same attacks against one another.

Top Bottom