• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden 2 screens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elios83

devilscallmedad said:
I can't believe how shit this thread has turned out to be, can we start over ?

Ninja Gaiden Sigma looks nothing like that horrible and bad captured screen you posted dude.

toypop

Is it only me? but looks like they removed all documents and screens.
Blim will get some nice emails from MS. :lol

llTll

Banned
abacab driver said:
So by this logic, there are no sequels..just the same game, with new levels, weapons, and gameplay mechanics. :lol

:lol

hey. i said i am buying it day one. dont pick on me :lol

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I'm thrilled that a sequel really is on the way, but I'm a tad disappointed in its appearance. I really does look a whole lot like Sigma. I suppose the fact that all of the environments will be designed from scratch will have a positive impact, however, as Sigma was a tad uneven due to its origins.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
sp0rsk said:
Something tells me these weren't supposed to be released today.
Need I remind you that MS can't keep a secret to save their lives?
Meanwhile, the screens... if I can saw bodies in half, I'm so there. Itagaki lives up to his giant ego again. :D

Gattsu25

Banned
Shogmaster said:
Why would it be? It's a frame buffer grab (with some JPEG artifacts added but...). That's what the console sends to the TV to display. Deal with it.
Resize it to the OP's pics, raise the saturation a little, up the contrast a tad, and raise the brightness a bit...on top of finding a better screen

dark10x said:
I'm thrilled that a sequel really is on the way, but I'm a tad disappointed in its appearance. I really does look a whole lot like Sigma. I suppose the fact that all of the environments will be designed from scratch will have a positive impact, however, as Sigma was a tad uneven due to its origins.
I think Sigma was uneven because it was rushed. The origins helped it out if anything (design already completed, plenty of room to improve on geometry, textures etc..)

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Shogmaster said:
Why would it be? It's a frame buffer grab (with some JPEG artifacts added but...). That's what the console sends to the TV to display. Deal with it.

Then what are these NG2 pics?

Why are people comparing this to Sigma? This is using the exact same engine, albeit modified.

The real comparison should be Ninja Gaiden 2 and Black.

sprsk

Opus Angelorum said:
Why are people comparing this to Sigma? This is using the exact same engine, albeit modified.

This makes no sense.

sprsk

TONX said:
So you're saying those screens aren't doctored in any way?

It's what the game looks like going through a photoshop program, duh. That's what it looks like, deal with it.

llTll

Banned
someone at TGS should ask Itagaki this question.

" how does it feel when some newbie in your team can make a game on the PS3 which is hard to develop for at the same level "graphics wise "you are making a game on Xbox 360 and coming out 1 year later at least ? "

It definitely looks good, but it definitely does not live up to the expectations that Itagaki set us up for..

Well, that's the video game industry for ya....:D

TONX said:
So you're saying those screens aren't doctored in any way?
It's Team Ninja screenshot. Of course they are doctored with ridiculous amount of AA. :lol

sp0rsk said:
It's what the game looks like going through a photoshop program, duh. That's what it looks like, deal with it.
You should really learn to read and not project your own BS into other people's posts.

Zer0

Banned
Itagaki: I’d like to show everybody some of the new stuff that we’ve been working on in the near future. The only problem with that is that when the other developers see what we’re doing, they’re going to lose all of their motivation to create any game in the same genre, because there’s no way they can beat it.

MCD

Opus Angelorum said:

No.

maybe if Sigma didn't exist.

llTll said:

" how does it feel when some newbie in your team can make a game on the PS3 which is hard to develop for at the same level "graphics wise "you are making a game on Xbox 360 and coming out 1 year later at least ? "
What does it feel like to be a viral marketer ?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Shogmaster said:
I think Sigma was uneven because it was rushed. The origins helped it out if anything (design already completed, plenty of room to improve on geometry, textures etc..)
Well, it wasn't exactly a full blown project and I'm sure the budget was much lower. You could easily tell where their efforts went as some areas were massively enhanced while others only received minor improvements. I would agree that it was rushed. There were a lot of small things that seemed a tad unpolished.

I would not be surprised to see NG2 on both platforms, however.

Eric WK

szaromir said:
Suggesting PS3 game coming to 360 = ban
Suggesting 360 game coming to PS3 = glory

I would suggest you to revert your jokes. :eek:

Yup. Pretty much how it's worked here for a while.

gcfan2k5

pswii60 said:
I don't remember NG having a 'very easy'.

At least, Sigma certainly didn't have any easier difficulty settings.

Die 3 times on normal on the first level and continue each time, you unlock Ninja Dog mode, it makes it WAY easier, Black had the same little trick.

Nolan.

llTll said:

Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom