• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden 2 screens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nolan. said:
But whats more important than an enjoyable game is getting one over on something a developer might or might not have said.
Well, we've already seen how people reacted when he made similar boasts before with DOA Ultimate, DOA4, and DOAX2. He just feels very strongly about his stuff. And he should, though his language could be more refined, I suppose. Bottom line: he's gonna get thrashed on no matter what, like Dyack or whoever.

Obaid said:
well with amost 500k sold games i dont see why they shouldnt make the ps3 version. I need to disappoint you but the publishers are not fanboys, they are people who wanna make money.
The first Ninja Gaiden defies you logic.

Scott x 2

Shaheed79 said:
Remember folks the original Ninja Gaiden didn't exactly light up the charts on Xbox either. DOA3 outsold it handily.
How many sales did it pick up?

Ninja Gaiden was probably the best game on the Xbox, it was just that good. I've been waiting for this announcement since Ninja Gaiden Black (which i may just go back through now).

Dot50Cal

Banned
segarr said:
Not that shit again. Doa4 had AA out the ass!

Shimmering /= AA

Shimmering is related to texture filtering, mostly the transitions between the anisotropic levels. Nivida caught hell for it on the PC a few years back.

segarr

f@luS said:
well , then it was well hidden in all the open arena like the market.
/off topic
Look at Gears of War in Gridlock. Nothing else on 360 looks as jaggie as that and certainly nothing in DOA4.

Nolan.

MightyHedgehog said:
Well, we've already seen how people reacted when he made similar boasts before with DOA Ultimate, DOA4, and DOAX2. He just feels very strongly about his stuff. And he should, though his language could be more refined, I suppose. Bottom line: he's gonna get thrashed on no matter what, like Dyack or whoever.

Thats why I read what he says and never take it seriously. If you liked a game he made and he's making a sequel to it then remember what you liked it for. If you don't feel you'll like it again then don't base it on pointing out contradictions which has hardly any effect on the game.

segarr

Dot50Cal said:
Shimmering /= AA

Shimmering is related to texture filtering, mostly the transitions between the anisotropic levels. Nivida caught hell for it on the PC a few years back.
I know. I wasn't talking about shimmering.

Ok I have only played the SIGMA demo mind you but none of these shots are gameplay are they? Neither NG2 or SIGMA. They are all closeups that never happen(gameplay wise, not counting cutscenes) in the demo atleast. You can't pause and zoom in either as far as I know?

To me it seems the upgrade really is the blood and dismemberment. Which is not such a bad deal if you ask me. I thought SIGMA looked great but some more violence and animation when hitting people would not be wrong.

le.phat said:
i already feel bad for the german gaffers :lol
ng2cp4.jpg

Still looks good, IMO...:D

Victrix

*beard*
NG used so many bullshots its impossible to tell if these are bullshots again, or what the game looks like.

I'll wait for some videos

That said - YAY NINJA GAIDEN 2, YAY

but to hop on the gaf hate train, no, it does not look jawdropping and groundbreaking like itagaki-san ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ said it would

and yeah, wtf at the release of these screens, screwup major?

pswii60

le.phat said:

My first thoughts.

I just hope they don't cut it for the whole of Europe - UK included - like they did with the first NG.

Either way, if they don't add a 'Very Easy' mode, I won't get past Chapter 5 anyway.

pswii60 said:
My first thoughts.

I just hope they don't cut it for the whole of Europe - UK included - like they did with the first NG.
The should just do it like Epic with Gears: Make it region free, and dont release a german version at all...

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
f@luS said:
Doa 4 had no AA and the same problem with the bullshot .(remember all the shimering in some arena, like the market) .

Uh, yes it did have plenty AA, and I saw no shimmering... maybe you need to pop the game back in again...

And I made it my business back then to compare screenshots to the game running in HD, being a hardcore Team Ninja fan and all...

On the other hand, Sigma really does not match the shots at all... which was very disappointing...

Nolan.

pswii60 said:
My first thoughts.

Either way, if they don't add a 'Very Easy' mode, I won't get past Chapter 5 anyway.

:lol you're not the only one :( .

le.phat

pswii60 said:
My first thoughts.

well, the ps3 version was released uncensored in europe ( i think ) so there's still hope :D

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
How long before these are pulled from the Xbox site and a lowly web tech from MS Japan is made to commit seppuku?

Also, HOT.

f@luS

More than a member.
Skilotonn said:
Uh, yes it did have plenty AA, and I saw no shimmering... maybe you need to pop the game back in again...

And I made it my business back then to compare screenshots to the game running in HD, being a hardcore Team Ninja fan and all...

On the other hand, Sigma really does not match the shots at all... which was very disappointing...
(neutral) Skilotonn
xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot

not worth answering

Gattsu25

Banned
PowerSmell said:
Am I unreasonable for expecting better graphics? (No) Not this looks bad, but I expected alot more from Itagaki and Team Ninja. (You really shouldn't have judging by their output this gen)
Didn't he say his game would look so good it would make other action game devs dejected? (Yes)
Looks great. The region-based damage looks spectacular and the gallons of blood are truly welcome. I'm just hoping the ability to cut of limbs isn't used to make the game easier...

Allow me to explain myself...I'm not entirely sure why but when I see so many dislodged limbs my mind immediately goes back to playing Jedi Outcast with the dismemberment tweak. ie. one hit amputations...

Now, I'm sure the game will still be hard as all hell as I realize that this assumption I'm making is unfair and know that it is not true...it's just the first thing that pops to mind :\

I'm also loving the color palette :D

um wtf i expected more after itakagi said other developers wouldnt want to make any more action games after seeing NG2. This just looks like extra levels for Sigma.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
le.phat said:

If Germany is responsible for the rest of the EU getting the shaft with Ninja Gaiden again (happened with the original NG AND Sigma) - I will be fucking pissed.

f@luS said:
(neutral) Skilotonn
xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot

not worth answering

If that shuts you up, by all means, use that as your answer to this really simple debate...

Glad it didn't last long either way.

segarr

And people saying it looks like Sigma-That just shows you how much work Team Ninja did to make sure it it wasn't just the Xbox version in HD. They really remade the game so don't be surprised if the graphics aren't all that different on the same generation hardware that technically has less power. Sigma is like the basis for NG2 or a dry run.

MightyHedgehog said:
Nah. Just the inclusion of so many ways to eviscerate your prey makes it a total upgrade...assuming that the animation has received a nice boost, anyway. I'm fucking psyched!

Gore is a feature?

kay

Skilotonn said:

DOA4 isn't as graphically demanding as this series is, it looks better than 3 but so far the other next gen fighters are looking a lot more impressive. And yeah, nobody should trust team ninja with their screens as they love making it look better.

The one thing I hated about the ng was the massive distance between save points and bosses, meaning if you died at a boss you would have to play 5-10 minutes agine

kay

McDragon said:
Ninja Dog.
That's not funny :(

I had to beat the game on very easy (I didn't know I could increase my health bar until the final boss..)
I got to one part and kept dieing because of my sliver of health. I always thought full health things were useless as the partial health items filled it to max.

eso76

Uhm..one of my most wanted games right now, but i'm not really satisfied with these pics.
Then again, i'm not really satisfied with Team Ninja's efforts this gen, graphics-wise; i was expecting a lot more from the developer of some of the best 3d engines on psone, dreamcast and xbox.
Judging from pics alone i would say I actually prefer Sigma's more 'organic' look.

Also, the gore is exaggerated and i find it slightly out of place.

Gantz

Banned
B_Rik_Schitthaus said:
The one thing I hated about the ng was the massive distance between save points and bosses, meaning if you died at a boss you would have to play 5-10 minutes agine

weaksauce.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
kay said:
DOA4 isn't as graphically demanding as this series is, it looks better than 3 but so far the other next gen fighters are looking a lot more impressive. And yeah, nobody should trust team ninja with their screens as they love making it look better.

What my point is, is that DOA4 screenshots looked exactly like it did on-screeen, and wasn't a load of bullshottery like Sigma was...

And I don't think any of the other 3D fighters look that hot to tell you the truth, in fact I still think DOA4 bests them all, despite being a launch-window title from 2005.

PowerSmell said:
Gore is a feature?
In my opinion, yeah. Depending on how it's depicted, gore can give a game a massive boost in coolness. It's just like how graphic violence or sex is used in other forms of entertainment, and it works the same as any other medium. So, yeah, total upgrade. I got tired of all of my torso slashes in NG 1 only ever producing a decapitation and not some other dismemberment. It would be awesome if your enemies could still fight after they've lost a limb...

llTll

Banned
hmmm. i really dont know what to say. i guess the head of Team ninja guy [ itagaki something something ] said that if other developers saw his game, they will get depressed [ something like that ]

so i got my hopes up. however, this is more or less Sigma in terms of graphics. thats why i am disspointed.

but. this game is like the best action game out there. so i am going to buy it day one no questions asked.

lets just hope there is an easy mode. i couldnt fucking finish the first game. [ stuck at the ice stage $%#$%# ]

segarr

Why are some calling bullshots? These are just some small, noticably compressed screens. Not at all like the infamous Xbox 1280p screens.

kay

Skilotonn said:
What my point is, is that DOA4 screenshots looked exactly like it did on-screeen, and wasn't a load of bullshottery like Sigma was...

And I don't think any of the other 3D fighters look that hot to tell you the truth, in fact I still think DOA4 bests them all, despite being a launch-window title from 2005.
Not saying it doesn't look good, it does for when it came out and under the circumstances.

pswii60

kay said:
That's not funny :(

I had to beat the game on very easy (I didn't know I could increase my health bar until the final boss..)
I got to one part and kept dieing because of my sliver of health. I always thought full health things were useless as the partial health items filled it to max.

I don't remember NG having a 'very easy'.

At least, Sigma certainly didn't have any easier difficulty settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom