• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden 2 screens

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCD

Wollan said:
Probably if they're expecting day 1 alongside X360 but you're fooling yourself if you don't think it will be a PS3 game eventually (the main reason why they put Sigma on the console).

What if MS is funding it?

f@luS

More than a member.
MightyHedgehog said:
And it took until page three for someone to put up a bunch of Sigma shots... I guess I can chalk it up to it being really late/early.
Blame itagaki who talked about hiyashi as a "good novice but NG2 is the real next gen".....itagaki fail next gen :eek:

durden

"Books made me do it"
Yes! Can't wait for this!
Loved the Xbox game. The shots could look better but I will wait for proper sized versions and video for any real opinion on graphics.
It was anyway the fighting mechanics that I loved about the first one, and I am sure it will be the same again here.

Nolan.

You guys are so ridiculous at times. We wait ages to hear and see actual stuff from the game and you get a pot full of :

''I expected better he said this and look LOOK''
'' Port seems a lot likely now seeing as it looks a lot like sigma''
''Don't expect to see this game on such and such console''

I give up.

Eric WK

sp0rsk said:
How do you know how far off it is? It could be January.

:lol

Okay, man. You're right. They'd release it four months after announcing it. How could I have made such a grievous mistake in thinking they'd release it as their Holiday '08 killer app?

f@luS said:
Blame itagaki who talked about hiyashi as a "good novice but NG2 is the real next gen".....itagaki fail next gen :eek:
Nah. Just the inclusion of so many ways to eviscerate your prey makes it a total upgrade...assuming that the animation has received a nice boost, anyway. I'm fucking psyched!

Emiru

Banned
Wollan said:
Probably if they're expecting day 1 alongside X360 but you're fooling yourself if you don't think it will be a PS3 game eventually (the main reason why they put Sigma on the console).
The main reason they put the game on ps3 is because Hayashi wanted to prove himself as so Itagaki gave him this job to do because xbox already had 2 versions of this game, its in an interview with gametrailers, look it up.

hiryu

I'm really digging the spider boss and spider ninjas. All the blood spray reminds me of some old samurai and ninja movies. Looks great.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i hope it isn't too far off -- iirc there was a long gap between the first game's first showing and its release, to say nothing of that initial announcement period when it wavered between platforms. and it always looked pretty polished.

Xekrn

Banned
Amarnath said:
On a totally unrelated note how many sales did NG:Sigma graner
They said they shipped 500K worldwide but I think it's probably tanked like rock. It has never appeared on NPD top 10 since release.

Obaid

Banned
Emiru:
All the sony fans expecting a ps3 release will be disappointed.

well with amost 500k sold games i dont see why they shouldnt make the ps3 version. I need to disappoint you but the publishers are not fanboys, they are people who wanna make money.

Emiru said:
The main reason they put the game on ps3 is because Hayashi wanted to prove himself as so Itagaki gave him this job to do because xbox already had 2 versions of this game, its in an interview with gametrailers, look it up.

I don't know, why would MS want to lock down the game? What advantage could it possibly get them anywhere on the planet? MS is ALWAYS gunshy when it comes to throwing money around to third parties. It didn't happen with BioShock. It won't happen here.

ItagakiMakingXSign.gif

This here's a nice 2008 game, by the way.

Obaid said:
well with amost 500k sold games i dont see why they shouldnt make the ps3 version. I need to disappoint you but the publishers are not fanboys, they are people who wanna make money.

There just might be a way for them to make money by NOT releasing it on another console. We shall see...

I am guessing this game is going in a Dead Rising style approach where it will have tons of enemys at once or just huge enemies and always be at 60fps and look great in motion.

f@luS

More than a member.
MightyHedgehog said:
Nah. Just the inclusion of so many ways to eviscerate your prey makes it a total upgrade...assuming that the animation has received a nice boost, anyway. I'm fucking psyched!
This is making a total upgrade? wow , so next gen.
Sorry , im psyched too , i LOVED ninja gaiden sigma

But this is looking too close, really.....after all itagaki'comment , this isnt satisfying from a visual standpoint. Yeah i know , early shots ;)
i1126639_11490005.jpg

ng2.jpg

but this could really be the SAME game

Tieno

Vaandaviii said:
And ehm... Who is betting this game is an X360 exclusive?? Besides moneyhats I don't find any reason not to port this pixel perfect to PS3. Sigma has worked pretty well, the engine seems pretty similar (If not the same), PS3 can move this game perfectly, and lots of fans for the saga have born in sony's side... Releasing this game in PS3 is fucking instant and easy money.
How did it do on the PS3?

Nolan.

Obaid said:

I wish that were true.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
When I clicked on this thread, I expected it to be one of "those" threads, you know, a waste of time...

But holy shit - it's the real deal! :D

I've never, ever used this word before, but this is truly a "MEGATON" for me - really, it's the only game I needed to see at TGS, and pics are already out - and boy does it look badass!

Finally, the sequel to my favorite action of all time by far - this is huge news for me!

Pics are small, but I see things that look to be more detailed here and there like his arms and such, but of course we need full-res shots to judge properly... and oh man, the dismemberment! And the gushing blood and blood streams - loving the gore!

And yes, those Sigma shots look nothing like the game running in HD - but I'm not sweating NG2, because DOA4 looked exactly like the screenshots, right down to the AA...

Just give me a video Team Ninja, the only other thing I need... TGS is going to rock this year!

NG2_9.png

So.

Badass.

I'd definitely rock that as an avatar if it weren't Halo Season right now... he just looks so damn vicious in this shot! Bosses look killer too!

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
If 360-exclusive PS3 fans will probably be playing it a year later when something new comes along for the 360.

Dot50Cal

Banned
BenjaminBirdie said:
I don't know, why would MS want to lock down the game? What advantage could it possibly get them anywhere on the planet? MS is ALWAYS gunshy when it comes to throwing money around to third parties. It didn't happen with BioShock. It won't happen here.

ItagakiMakingXSign.gif

This here's a nice 2008 game, by the way.

There just might be a way for them to make money by NOT releasing it on another console. We shall see...

Errr. Ken even said in an interview that they signed a contract with Microsoft. They were considering a PS3 version, but after they signed the deal that went out the window.

f@luS said:

But this is looking too close, really.....after all itagaki'comment , this isnt satisfying from a visual standpoint. Yeah i know , early shots ;)
i1126639_11490005.jpg

ng2.jpg

At least ryu´s suit is different. Looks great, can´t wait to see it in motion.

f@luS said:

Meh, I guess that's why I rarely jump in on the bitch-fests after a game's first screenshots hit the 'net...I'm just more concerned about the gameplay. It just has to look great and not like something from the first wave of a previous generation's software. I think it looks fantastic. *shrug*

f@luS

More than a member.
Skilotonn said:
And yes, those Sigma shots look nothing like the game running in HD - but I'm not sweating NG2, because DOA4 looked exactly like the screenshots, right down to the AA...
Doa 4 had no AA and the same problem with the bullshot .(remember all the shimering in some arena, like the market) .

Dot50Cal said:
Errr. Ken even said in an interview that they signed a contract with Microsoft. They were considering a PS3 version, but after they signed the deal that went out the window.

Yes. I was being sarcastic. The same thing has probably happened here.

Nolan.

MightyHedgehog said:
Meh, I guess that's why I rarely jump in on the bitch-fests after a game's first screenshots hit the 'net...I'm just more concerned about the gameplay. It just has to look great and not like something from the first wave of a previous generation's software. I think it looks fantastic. *shrug*

But whats more important than an enjoyable game is getting one over on something a developer might or might not have said.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Remember folks the original Ninja Gaiden didn't exactly light up the charts on Xbox either. DOA3 outsold it handily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom