• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Australian Launch

BowieZ

Banned
ManeKast said:
Anybody find Pilotwings at the Gold Coast / Robina Gametraders?
Not sure, but if you don't mind the hike, there should still be one left at the Hyperdome...

Ring em up to check though?

Fusebox

Banned
Has anyone seen the Mad Catz micrsuede 3DS case for sale in Australia?

NOV25952-BLK.jpg

I can't even find one on eBay.

Got 3 streetpass hits yesterday in Hobart. Wasn't expecting any so it was nice. I also got a notification last night from Capcom, which included a code to redeem a figurine in SSFIV.

Fusebox

Banned
I got that too, wish the code was a bit simpler lol.

Got a few more streetpasses today (10 in total now) but even better, I got my first SFIV figurine battle! I won the first 2 fights, lost the last 3.. :(

CLEEK

I'm sure this question has been asked and answered already, but does Pilotwings Resort have a release date yet? Because my 3DS ownership will coincide with its release.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
SPE said:
I'm sure this question has been asked and answered already, but does Pilotwings Resort have a release date yet? Because my 3DS ownership will coincide with its release.

April 14.

April 14.

....it's available for purchase now.

At least thats what I was holding in my hand when I was picking up samurai warriors. Didn't get pilot wings because I was put off by the wii-esque resort island bullshit so changed my mind after she had brought the sale case to the front counter.

Kevtones

I've been so off on hype - when is the 3DS store up?

I got all pumped to try Flipbook for the first time tonight :(

Also, Flipbook 3D?

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Igor Antunov said:

At least thats what I was holding in my hand when I was picking up samurai warriors. Didn't get pilot wings because I was put off by the wii-esque resort island bullshit so changed my mind after she had brought the sale case to the front counter.
Where was this?

hamchan

Street passes = 0.

This is from walking around unsw and taking the 4 o clock trains. I'm very tempted to just walk around Town Hall one day and take the 5pm train to see if I get any.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Igor Antunov said:

GameTraders? As far as I'm aware they're the only ones who have imported and sold stock.

CLEEK

I take it the imported copies of Pilotwings from Gametraders are the UK/EU versions?

Just want to confirm that the Australian 3DS is part of the usual the same 'PAL' region, as I am tempted to order some games from the UK.

hirokazu

SPE said:
I take it the imported copies of Pilotwings from Gametraders are the UK/EU versions?

Just want to confirm that the Australian 3DS is part of the usual the same 'PAL' region, as I am tempted to order some games from the UK.
It is.

Jintor

2 hits at work, one from someone around the bank or near the food court/station and another from my colleague at work, whose 3DS I stole and turned on Streetpass (and set his message to "I suck". Haha, I'm a genius).

BowieZ

Banned
Only got one StreetPass today at Indooroopilly shopping town from some small kid, but it wasn't really the peak time although it is school holidays I think.

But still, that's 3 for 3 over the past 3 days.

I'm lovin' Pilotwings... having never played any other PW and having barely touched plane flight in Wii Sports Resort, this is a very fresh, fun, and challenging(!) experience.

Gravijah

Jintor said:
2 hits at work, one from someone around the bank or near the food court/station and another from my colleague at work, whose 3DS I stole and turned on Streetpass (and set his message to "I suck". Haha, I'm a genius).

"I suck"? That's it? That's all you had? :p

Finally picked one up last night late night shopping in Brisbane!

Went for the aqua blue, and loving it.
Bought SSFIV and Ghost recon. So far I have been spending all my time playing Ghost recon, and haven't really had time for Street Fighter. What a surprisingly fun game! It gives me an X-Com vibe, and the 3D looks really good. Banshee is a boss!

It's funny because it was totally off my radar. When I was buying I had the choice between GR, Rayman, or rabbids. After hearing good things about GR here I picked it up not really knowing anything about it. Great game and recommended for anyone who didn't pick it up yet.

BowieZ said:
Only got one StreetPass today at Indooroopilly shopping town from some small kid, but it wasn't really the peak time although it is school holidays I think.

But still, that's 3 for 3 over the past 3 days.

I'm lovin' Pilotwings... having never played any other PW and having barely touched plane flight in Wii Sports Resort, this is a very fresh, fun, and challenging(!) experience.

Bowiez, you said Brisbane right? I tried the Indro gametraders and they said they aren't importing at all and are waiting till the 14th :(

Which gametraders did you get it from?

Mistle

I'm gonna take my 3DS out to the Melbourne Supanova convention tomorrow and hopefully get a few StreetPass hits. Anybody else going?

Top Bottom