• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Australian Launch

Kritz

Banned
Another day gone without succumbing to buying another stupid hand-held I'll never-

XTsv4l.jpg

Wait, Waluigi, what are you-

fCQwTl.jpg

OH GOD DAMN IT WALUIGI. GOD DAMN IT.

jambo

I'm addicted to handheld gaming again, loving my 3DS!

Been playing Ghost Recon 3D, Pokemon Black, Super Scribblenauts and TrackMania DS.

Probably going to pick up SSFIV 3D and Ridge Racer 3D tomorrow.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
I picked up SSF43DE today.... Console launch redeemed. It's bloody awesome.

leca said:
Just did the system update, aside from the new 3D video. Any other info on changes?

Nope.

When playing AR games is anyone else having trouble with the 3DS recognizing two cards at once?

I had both Link and Mario and Link would come up, but for Mario the little box would only come up.

Jintor said:
Wait, you got one Tricksy? I thought you weren't getting one!

Wha? I think you have me confused with someone else. I got one! I got a black one with Rayman through Dick Smith on day 1.

Traded in Rayman...but still love the actual console. I don't even know my friend code yet, but when I do I'll let you guys know.

vanty

Has anyone had trouble with the SD card being write-protected when trying to put stuff on it on your PC? I've tried 3 different PCs, flicked the lock switch on and off a dozen times, but shit just doesn't work. Can save pictures and stuff onto the card just fine on the 3DS, but stick it into my computer and try to copy a song and no good.

mandiller

vanty said:
Has anyone had trouble with the SD card being write-protected when trying to put stuff on it on your PC? I've tried 3 different PCs, flicked the lock switch on and off a dozen times, but shit just doesn't work. Can save pictures and stuff onto the card just fine on the 3DS, but stick it into my computer and try to copy a song and no good.

I had similar problems but then I bought a new SD card reader yesterday and it's all hunky dory now.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Picked up a 3DS yesterday from Target with ghost recon and SSF4.

Pretty happy with the purchase so far, SSF4 is a blast despite similar to the console versions but with a lower resolution and a smaller screen, but it seems to make a subtle difference being in handheld format so I'm pretty pleased with it.:D Ghost recon also seems like it will be a great game once i invest some serious time into it.

Now i need to get my friend code and submit it to the spreadsheet!

hirokazu

Tricky I Shadow said:
When playing AR games is anyone else having trouble with the 3DS recognizing two cards at once?

I had both Link and Mario and Link would come up, but for Mario the little box would only come up.
Yeah, I had that happen. They should'e made the cards simpler and more distinct from each other, IMO. I'm pretty sure the AR is just looking for key markers anyway and it sees the cube in the background and thinks it's the question block card.

If I where NIntendo, I'd have put the series icons from Smash Bros on it - triforce, mushroom, Kirby Star, etc.

Ummm, I still have just over half a battery left, I am supposed to put it on the charger aren’t I?

Even though I’m charging the battery when it’s half full – that won’t have any effect on it will it?

mandiller

Tricky I Shadow said:
Ummm, I still have just over half a battery left, I am supposed to put it on the charger aren’t I?

Even though I’m charging the battery when it’s half full – that won’t have any effect on it will it?

Charging the battery regularly even when it's not near fully depleted is good for the battery. Just drop it on the charger after each use.

trinest

flipswitch said:
Ok, I have 4 coins but can't find where to buy them from.
Once you play all the games, it loads up a purple box. You shoot the purple box and then it loads the "second page", which has a shop icon on the side.

So I've finally added myself to the Australian Friends Code Spreadsheet.....

3DS Friend Code: 0044-2831-4653

Please PM me to let me know that you’ve added me so I can add you back.

Fusebox

Banned
So lets talk about persistent 3D effect even when you've turned off the 3DS. Does anyone elses brain try to turn 2D images into 3D after a 3DS session? Onscreen text seems to be the worst offender. When I look at things like GAF (via secondapps) on the iPad, or my Foxtel TV planner on the TV it's like the text is floating above the rest of the background like in Ghost Recon. It doesn't stay on all the time, kind of kicks on and off. I even got it a few times at the bar on friday night, in low lighting I'd get glimpses of a layered 3D effect in real-life.

delta25

Banned
Fusebox said:
So lets talk about persistent 3D effect even when you've turned off the 3DS. Does anyone elses brain try to turn 2D images into 3D after a 3DS session? Onscreen text seems to be the worst offender. When I look at things like GAF (via secondapps) on the iPad, or my Foxtel TV planner on the TV it's like the text is floating above the rest of the background like in Ghost Recon. It doesn't stay on all the time, kind of kicks on and off. I even got it a few times at the bar on friday night, in low lighting I'd get glimpses of a layered 3D effect in real-life.

I wouldn't fret about it, this seems to be a common occurrence with a lot of people.

Fusebox

Banned
I didn't say I was fretting but thanks for the concern lol, was just wondering if it happened to others as well. Guess it does!

BowieZ

Banned
Just bought Pilotwings Resort from a Gametraders for $70 and a turquoise stylus for $1. I'm pretty content now. ^_^

Mrbob

Fusebox said:

I haven't had this problem thankfully. Been able to move from using the device to doing other things just fine.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
My nearest GameTraders had no Pilotwings :(.

Luigiv

BowieZ said:
http://i54.tinypic.com/1zgdog4.png[IMG]
[IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/2h8aas5.png[IMG]
[IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/aaxg6w.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
I'm deeply confused. Which retailer would import a game set to release locally only 2 weeks later?

BowieZ

Banned
EatChildren said:
My nearest GameTraders had no Pilotwings :(.
My local one was closed the other day when trying to call up about it, and although 3 other stores were sold out or not stocking it, luckily today I went into the local one again and it just so happened they had two left. Now there's one left there, but I take it you're not in Brisbane?

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I'm waiting for Zelda and more titles, realistically, but Pilotwings is making it hard to resist.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
BowieZ said:
My local one was closed the other day when trying to call up about it, and although 3 other stores were sold out or not stocking it, luckily today I went into the local one again and it just so happened they had two left. Now there's one left there, but I take it you're not in Brisbane?

Nup. Melboo-urns here.

jambo

Bough Ridge Racer today, probably going to pick up SSFIV tomorrow.

After that it'll be the long wait for Pilotwings, Steel Diver, OoT, Paper Mario and Mario Kart 3D.

Deeku

Jintor said:
3 streetpass hits while in a Law lecture! Woo!
Lucky you, I got none at uni today:(

I don't think I'll ever get a random street pass. I walk too fast, don't loiter, and drive everywhere I go.

Jintor

And another hit on the way home!

Seeing that green light on when I take out my 3DS to play more Ghost Recon is immensely satisfying.

Boken

Banned
Turns out I did get two streetpasses today :D.
The green light didn't show up so I was all sad for a bit.

mandiller

I've streetpassed with four people in Brisbane now. Three in Indooroopilly on Friday and one today in Toowong.

However, it's only been Mii data. No-one has swapped Street Fighter or Ridge Racer data with me yet. Does anyone know how long you have to remain near someone for that sort of data to be swapped?

Top Bottom