• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Direct 2013.2.14 - [Over: Waluigi Time]

watershed

Banned
I hope Nintendo realizes anything they show at E3 will be drowned out by Sony and Microsoft so they've decided to start revealing their heavy hitters now. I'd love for this ND to reveal all the 3ds' big, upcoming titles.

Wiz

I hope Nintendo realizes anything they show at E3 will be drowned out by Sony and Microsoft so they've decided to start revealing their heavy hitters now. I'd love for this ND to reveal all the 3ds' big, upcoming titles.

I think Nintendo is banking on the fact that Smash Bros will be their "big reveal" at this E3.

DJIzana

I'd be OK with that. No better time to have the hype train roll with a PS4 announcement + even MORE Nintendo awesomeness!

Meelow

Banned
I think Nintendo is banking on the fact that Smash Bros will be their "big reveal" at this E3.

I think it will be Retro's game, we know for a fact that Smash Bros will be at E3 this year, we have no idea what Retro's game will be.

But 3D Mario, Mario Kart U, Smash bros, X, and any other big games will be gladly looked at :)

73V3N

Banned
Because East Coast is best coast.

FQuCBc4.jpg

MarkusRJR

All I expect out of this ND is a few release dates (Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Pikmin 3 hopefully), and a few trailers (and maybe a little gameplay footage) for already announced 3DS/Wii U games. If we're lucky we'll maybe get game reveal or two (for 3DS only), but after Nintendo blew it's load last month I doubt they're ready to do it again this month. I'd advise people not to get too hyped, but that'd be saying the obvious.

It's funny people think that:

6 screens of an art test
An announcement trailer
<56 seconds of gameplay footage
10 seconds of gameplay and a few screenshots
and a couple of minutes of gameplay of Wii Party U
Plus, acknowledging that more Zelda, Mario, Mario Kart, and Smash games are being announced was 'blowing its load'.

Drago

Are they in panic mode over 3ds though? I wouldn't think so.
In the west they should be, sales are still underwhelming on our side, despite incredible sales and support in Japan. WiiU is probably still the bigger issue at hand though

They have missed every sales target they have had for 3DS so far, the fact it is doing amazing in Japan doesn't fix the situation in the west.

In the west they should be, sales are still underwhelming on our side, despite incredible sales and support in Japan. WiiU is probably still the bigger issue at hand though

I thought 3DS was tracking above DS in US, and below DS in Japan now? Maybe I misread the Media Creates thread.

6 screens of an art test
An announcement trailer
Plus, acknowledging that more Zelda, Mario, Mario Kart, and Smash games are being announced was 'blowing its load'.

Some people suffer in this department and project their feelings outward. We shouldn't mock them.

Wiz

I think it will be Retro's game, we know for a fact that Smash Bros will be at E3 this year, we have no idea what Retro's game will be.

But 3D Mario, Mario Kart U, Smash bros, X, and any other big games will be gladly looked at :)

Yup. This should be a good E3 for them, but nothing that would steal the show from the other two.

Since they use Nintendo Direct as more of a platform to announce new games now, maybe they'll put more focus on playable demos at E3.

DaBoss

Are they in panic mode over 3ds though? I wouldn't think so.

I would think they are not satisfied with the sales in the west, but extremely satisfied with the sales in Japan. I wouldn't call it panic, more like taking initiative in steering it towards the right direction. Pokejuggernaut will help with that this year.

Cheebo

Banned
I thought 3DS was tracking above DS in US, and below DS in Japan now? Maybe I misread the Media Creates thread.

pre-DS Lite in US which was very unimpressive sales wise. Once the time frame of DS Lite hits the 3DS will start massively falling behind DS in America unless 3DS has a major turn-around.

And it is indeed below what Nintendo is expecting, Nintendo has yet to hit a single of their 3DS goals and had to lower there forecast of 3DS sales at their last quarterly sales.

Iwata even spent a long portion in his talk to stockholders about how 3DS is under-performing in the west.

6 screens of an art test
An announcement trailer

image.php

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member

I disagree. IMO, Nintendo are the favorite to have the best e3. Sony and MS will show their cards before e3. Leaving them with what for e3?

Nintendo will have:
Mario
Smash
Kart
Bayonetta
Retro Game
Monster Game

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
You play as a younger Sephiroth becoming friends with Angeal and Genesis.

No you don't.

And Hajime Tabata expressed interest in remaking the game for 3DS.

You play as Turks and you tackle the original Avalanche Terrorist group. Along with other stuff.

FF fans since 2004 huh?

I disagree. IMO, Nintendo are the favorite to have the best e3. Sony and MS will show their cards before e3. Leaving them with what for e3?

Nintendo will have:
Mario
Smash
Kart
Bayonetta
Retro Game
Monster Game

As far as the news cycle is concerned, new consoles are a much, much bigger deal than new games.

Nintendo could announce the greatest game of all-time, and it would not matter at all.

watershed

Banned

Nintendo will have:
Mario
Smash
Kart
Bayonetta
Retro Game
Monster Game

That may be to your own personal taste but wait til E3 and let's see which company gets more media attention/gamer hype.

Top Bottom