• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Announces Back-To-School Deals, Offers Some of the Biggest Hits for sub-$20

Oh, makes perfect sense then. Never really thought about gaming in China - I also just brought my 3DS over.

Yeah for a non-Japanese reading/speaking person in China, Nintendo gaming can be hard since NA versions of both games and consoles are much harder to obtain.

Insaniac

no sale on N3DS XL? My brother is looking to get one for our monster hunter sessions. Does anyone know if the PSP nub mod works on a regular n3DS?

Ridley327

I feel like the NSMBU+NSLU combo be $20 by now. Can't imagine that or either of the individual packages are selling well.

I think that NSMBU in all its forms is still one of the best-selling games of all time for Wii U. I can't imagine they would drop the price yet again after releasing the combo to the general public for $40.

Discomurf

Rösti;212970840 said:
Accompanying artwork, from NoA's press site:

0809_announcement_grai5jlc.png

0809_announcement_grae7jn6.png

0809_announcement_gramiku2.png

Looks like someone at NoA could do with some Adobe ImageReady training.

Why's that?

maxcriden

Well, this is exciting (minus the Zelda part where I bought full priced and still haven't opens it). I'll probably get most of that list for my daughter over the holidays. Plus with BB GCU, the games are $16 each.

Might also get the New3DS for Christmas. She has my OG 3DS XL and that's a bit too large for her.

You may want to see if you can return Zelda now, before the price drop, even just for store cred. :)

JSevere

will happily pick up Wind Waker HD and Luigi's Mansion for $20

also I'm so glad the N3DS is back on the market, great price too

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Oh, neat. I almost bought Wind Waker a month ago too, but decided to hold off for a bit.

I guess I might rebuy LCU and then pick up maybe the 3DS version, too?

The 3DS version is a prequel that really isn't that good. The city is broken into sections and the fog is kind of amazing. Also only a little voice. Simpler objectives and much simpler story.

Still as a fan I liked going on McCain's first adventure. Though I paid $10 for a Gamefly copy. Play it before the Wii U version though.

You're only slightly dreaming. The game was released in the US at $30.

No it didn't.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/animal-crossing-new-leaf-mario-kart-7-dropping-to-30/1100-6418979/

In April 2014 it and games like Mario Kart 7 and 3D Land were discounted to $30.

no sale on N3DS XL? My brother is looking to get one for our monster hunter sessions. Does anyone know if the PSP nub mod works on a regular n3DS?

Why not buy the Circle Pad Pro?

I have it and it's great. Also gives you stacked shoulder buttons unlike New 3DS and an actual pad instead of a nub.

I think that NSMBU in all its forms is still one of the best-selling games of all time for Wii U. I can't imagine they would drop the price yet again after releasing the combo to the general public for $40.

Amazon has the combo for $50 new. Gamestop has it for $60 new. I'm going to stick with idea that it hasn't sold well and the price reflects limited supply. As for the individual packages, they probably stopped selling well a long time ago.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Great to see more games added to the Nintendo Selects lineup.

Also I feel everyone's pain on Nintendo not giving a fuck about including Star Fox 3D.

It's also obvious that Nintendo just plans to ride this generation out. Maybe the West also gets that Poke bundle Japan is getting on the XL.

Other than the 2DS price drop though Nintendo doesn't seem eager to discount either NEW 3ds or the Wii U. Is what it is I guess.

StereoVsn

Amazon has the combo for $50 new. Gamestop has it for $60 new. I'm going to stick with idea that it hasn't sold well and the price reflects limited supply. As for the individual packages, they probably stopped selling well a long time ago.
Or you can get refurb from Nintendo for like $20-$30 and it's basically new.

For WiiU/N3DS XL sales, the latter has been at $175 pretty much on weekly basis lately and the WiiU probably will hit $250 bundle again on BF ($200 refurb like new from Nintendo).

maxcriden

Is Undercover worth it? I've actually never played a Lego game.

Yes:

It's the most unique Lego game in the last decade.

It still has stuff like different costumes with different abilities, breaking stuff, building stuff and collectible studs.

It's a true open world, not a hub with various levels. There's also a some unique gameplay quirks with the Gamepad.

What truly sets it apart is how great the humor is. Very, very funny. Not being tied to a movie license helps.

Chase McCain returns in Lego Dimensions but I don't think he gets a level pack.

EVERYONE needs to buy Lego City Undercover. Load times are atrocious but it's the secret best game on Wii U.

--

Argh, just paid $50 for WWHD -_-

Oh well, at least I won't have the ugly selects cover

Can you return it?

Duxxy3

I've been tempted to pick a 2DS/new3ds for a while now. I really loved the original luigi's mansion but didn't buy the new one.

Maybe closer to christmas...

bman94

In for Lego City Undercover and Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD. But for fucks sake Nintendo can you please drop the price of Star Fox 64 3D.

Sucks that it seems like the regular New 3DS is getting a price cut but not the XL version isn't.

When Target does a Buy 2, Get 1 free sale I will get:
Lego City Undercover
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
Pikmin 3

All for $40! Good way to close out my Wii U game purchasing. Well, maybe I'll get Breath of the Wild. Never played Wind Waker and I liked the first Pikmin on Gamecube.

zeelman

That's not how Nintendo works. If a Nintendo game sells well, it takes a long time before Nintendo drops the price. Some of their games go up in price instead.

Rran

I've been waiting a long time for that LEGO City price drop, so I'll definitely be picking it up.

mjc

Definitely jumping on Luigi's Mansion. I'll try and nab a non-selects cover version at Target if I time it right.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
FWIW if the faceplates are $15 each and 3DL is $20 the 3DS is only costing $100.

That's just retail.

The actual cost to Nintendo is pennies for those face plates, and 3DL is old. Plus its a digital copy.

They are just effectively trying to up the value proposition with something that actually doesn't cost them much at all on their end.

how is lego city wii u?

Easily the best of the LEGO games so it depends on whether you like those or not. If you are bored or tired of them then it isn't going to change how you feel about the series. Also, the load times are absolutely brutal, so if that sort of thing bothers you, you might want to steer clear. It's only really terrible when you boot the game each time, but it's enough to make me pick something else to play in many cases.

maxcriden

That's just retail.

The actual cost to Nintendo is pennies for those face plates, and 3DL is old. Plus its a digital copy.

They are just effectively trying to up the value proposition with something that actually doesn't cost them much at all on their end.

Yes, that's true. But you can probably sell each item for near-MSRP or at least a savings if you don't want them. As you said, each item in any bundle is going to cost the manufacturer less, but it's still a savings or additional value to the end user.

Top Bottom