• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Announces HarmoKnight (Gamefreak's eShop rhythm platformer)

Tell me more! Tell me more!

The introduction of new characters keep things feeling fresh as they all play differently. Most of the stages in a world are different from one another too which keeps things interesting. Into world 3 now and it's definitely getting more challenging!

Kouriozan

I really can't wait for this, hopefully they'll announce it at the next western Nintendo Direct, so we'll maybe get this game in 2 months!

zroid

Banned
:( apparently it's quite a short game, all levels seem to be completable in under 4 hours. (according to NintenDaan)

Rehynn

The introduction of new characters keep things feeling fresh as they all play differently. Most of the stages in a world are different from one another too which keeps things interesting. Into world 3 now and it's definitely getting more challenging!

Sounds great, thanks!

Does the game allow you any freedom or creativity in how you tackle the stages (different rhythms or musical accents depending on how you play, where you jump, what you hit, etc.), or is there a strict pre-determined "perfect" run that you have to achieve?

Sounds great, thanks!

Does the game allow you any freedom or creativity in how you tackle the stages (different rhythms or musical accents depending on how you play, where you jump, what you hit, etc.), or is there a strict pre-determined "perfect" run that you have to achieve?

There are multiple routes on a few of the stages, so you can definitely tackle them in different ways. Some routes will be filled with notes and others instruments to hit etc.

:( apparently it's quite a short game, all levels seem to be completable in under 4 hours. (according to NintenDaan)

I'm 2 hours in and honesty, I feel like I've got my 1800 Yen/~£17 worth already. It'll have to be a bit cheaper to do well in the West, but there's a lot to do here if you're a completionist.

HyperHip

Did a straight run through of the game yesterday. Finished the game at 3:29 hours, but i'm going back because I missed quite a bit it seems!

StayDead

Wait it's the fifth today? Damnit, Senran Kagura Burst arrived, I've still got Ark Systemworks eShop game to download and I've got RF4, EO4 and NSMB2 still to finish.

Ahh why is the 3DS so good >_<

zroid

Banned
That seems acceptable for an eShop game, right?

Normally it wouldn't be a problem, but at 1800 Yen... not so sure

I'm 2 hours in and honesty, I feel like I've got my 1800 Yen/~£17 worth already. It'll have to be a bit cheaper to do well in the West, but there's a lot to do here if you're a completionist.

I understand there are more than 50 levels, which does sound like a fair amount, even if they don't take too long to complete. Whatever the price, still excited to get my hands on it eventually.

Just finished it. How do I go about
accessing these Pokemon stages?
. Also, how do I
remove the lock in Symphony City? Seems I need 5 of those bird things. Have one already but not sure how they're unlocked :/

HyperHip

Just finished it. How do I go about
accessing these Pokemon stages?
. Also, how do I
remove the lock in Symphony City? Seems I need 5 of those bird things. Have one already but not sure how they're unlocked :/

Go to the stage select menu (Y button) to access Pokemon levels, they are the stages before the prologue level. The birds are scattered across the game usually in off-beat paths, so far I've collected 3.

panda21

the demo is really cool. it seemed a bit easy at first but then it got brutal, i can see this being an awesome game.

hopefully it will be a bit cheaper in EU though if its short

Sorry to bump.this thread but is there any news on this game coming to the west yet? If I recall it has English voice acting in the menus and only needs the small amount of text translated?

Sorry to bump.this thread but is there any news on this game coming to the west yet? If I recall it has English voice acting in the menus and only needs the small amount of text translated?

Chances are, if there was news, you'd have no trouble finding it. :p

Also just googling "HarmoKnight North America" would answer that; if nothing, then no. :)

dwu8991

Banned

you should be sorry for bumping up a game that will never come to the West any time soon !

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I think eShop games are an easier sell. If Denpa Men and 3/4 of Guild01 can come over, anything can.

zroid

Banned
It's unthinkable that we won't get HarmoKnight. Nintendo is just holding it back till 2013 and probably figuring out how to promote it properly. It's a... weird game, but they will probably want to sell it on the Pokemon angle a bit more than they did in Japan.

It's unthinkable that we won't get HarmoKnight. Nintendo is just holding it back till 2013 and probably figuring out how to promote it properly. It's a... weird game, but they will probably want to sell it on the Pokemon angle a bit more than they did in Japan.

They localized Pokemon Conquest...just the fact that it has connections TO Pokemon (no matter how vague) makes it enough to bring over here.

Top Bottom