• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo announces Q1 results - $220 Million Quarterly Loss, 1.86M 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nintendo needs to do a better job with 3DS in US/EU lands. NOA and NOE are not doing their best to advertise it and third-party (not from Japan) support is awful.

Akai

Nintendo needs to do a better job with 3DS in US/EU lands. NOA and NOE are not doing their best to advertise it and third-party (not from Japan) support is awful.

But if you think about it, when has third party support not from Japan for a handheld system NOT been awful?

I'm inclined to think they'll show a profit this quarter, wii u r&d should've pretty much finished and 3ds has been profitable for a couple of months, add in Mario and the XL launch

Pineconn

I'm inclined to think they'll show a profit this quarter, wii u r&d should've pretty much finished and 3ds has been profitable for a couple of months, add in Mario and the XL launch

I'd think that Wii U manufacturing would cut a nice slice of dough. Next quarter will most definitely be profitable, however, with Wii U hardware and software revenue.

I'd think that Wii U manufacturing would cut a nice slice of dough. Next quarter will most definitely be profitable, however, with Wii U hardware and software revenue.

Actually if my understanding of accounting is correct wii u manufacturing won't make them show a loss as all manufactured units will show up as an asset

$220 million loss, not good. I wonder what Iwata's plan is.

kotaku.jpg

I'm interested in the numbers for this quarter, but the Q3 numbers will paint a clearer picture of the 3DS situation.

I'm also hoping a Direct is announced shortly after. It would make sense.

Lol! How can people see a thread like this with all of these post and not check the date? Goddamn.

I was halfway down the first page before it hit me. :/

Why would anyone bump this? Just wait for the press release and then make a new thread, it's not like NPD where we need to speculate on the numbers.

Wait, no Q2 result as well?

I'm expecting a very different number for Q2 considering the 3DS hardware returned to profitability pretty early within the period.

With the 3DS still losing them money on hardware I'm not particularly surprised to see a hardware loss so large, especially when it's widely known that software sales have been more than abysmal in the West and comparatively unsatisfactory in Japan.

And that's just considering the 3DS and not the massive slowdown from Wii and DS.

GavinGT

Banned
Wait, no Q2 result as well?

I'm expecting a very different number for Q2 considering the 3DS hardware returned to profitability pretty early within the period.

With the 3DS still losing them money on hardware I'm not particularly surprised to see a hardware loss so large, especially when it's widely known that software sales have been more than abysmal in the West and comparatively unsatisfactory in Japan.

And that's just considering the 3DS and not the massive slowdown from Wii and DS.

Huh?

Earnings get released in 2 and a half hours. Full year P/L forecasts should look a lot better with the way the Euro has been doing against the Yen recently.

Dragon

Banned
I won't be up for these earnings but if they're not positive how is GAF going to feel? Is it going to be a bloodbath akin to the iPad mini Apple stock price?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom