• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo announces Zangeki no REGINLEIV (Wii), Last Window [Hotel Dusk 2] (DS)

G.O.O.

About coming out of Japan, it looks like the game uses the M+ in an innovative way, so it could be a good marketing argument - at least, if the game turns out to be good.

ethelred

The probability of Regenleiv coming ot the US is incredibly close to 0. I don't see why that's worth discussing.

I'm just hoping NoA doesn't also fail to bring over Last Window. Need more Kyle Hyde! :(

jay

ethelred said:
The probability of Regenleiv coming ot the US is incredibly close to 0. I don't see why that's worth discussing.

Gerg would like to have a word (or 30 thousand) with you.

Last Window better at least come out in Europe so I can import it. I liked Trace Memory so not getting the sequel here sucked but Hotel Dusk was great and it will be much harder to cope with the loss of its sequel.

upandaway

ethelred said:

I'm just hoping NoA doesn't also fail to bring over Last Window. Need more Kyle Hyde! :(
To me the chances seem better for Reginleiv than Last Window, but whatever you want man.

By the way, Reginleiv only supports M+ right? Doesn't require it? If so, do we know if the trailers show M+ in play or not?

duckroll

upandaway said:
To me the chances seem better for Reginleiv than Last Window, but whatever you want man.

Yes, because the chances are better for a new Japanese niche Wii action game with free online play and voice acting, with low chance of high sales, to be localized by Nintendo of America, than for a DS adventure game which is the sequel to a DS game which sold over 200k in the US. Right. Whatever you say. :)

upandaway

duckroll said:
Yes, because the chances are better for a new Japanese niche Wii action game with free online play and voice acting, with low chance of high sales, to be localized by Nintendo of America
But I never said Reginleiv has good chances! Aha!

than for a DS adventure game which is the sequel to a DS game which sold over 200k in the US. Right. Whatever you say. :)
It sold that? Really? I was kinda just talking out of my ass based off Trace Memory. Did it sell comparably or do I lose?

duckroll

upandaway said:
It sold that? Really? I was kinda just talking out of my ass based off Trace Memory. Did it sell comparably or do I lose?

Hotel Dusk sold significantly more than Trace Memory afaik.

gerg

jay said:
Gerg would like to have a word (or 30 thousand) with you.

Don't get me wrong - there's lots of reason to believe the game won't come out, namely because NCL might not think it profitable to localise it.

I just don't think we can tell if that's the case on the basis of the game's appearance at a gaming conference seven months prior its intended release date.

Effect

The only thing I can think of that might get Reginleiv (any clue as to what it's official name translates into?) brought over to Europe and North America and else where would be if Nintendo finally admits that they are being screwed over by the 3rd parties. They won't put games on the Wii to fill the gaps Nintendo are leaving or compete with them. So they will put out the game to fill the void. The best thing for them to do I would think would be for them to localize it and the push it the best they could without going crazy with the spending. It will most likely sell well. It might not get 3rd parties to make games but it will show Wii owners that Nintendo isn't the one to blame for the lack of games and claims that *insert claim* can't be done on the Wii or or there isn't a market are the lies that they are..

That's wishful thinking on my part. It won't happen but one can dream.

Effect said:
The only thing I can think of that might get Reginleiv (any clue as to what it's official name translates into?) brought over to Europe and North America and else where would be if Nintendo finally admits that they are being screwed over by the 3rd parties. They won't put games on the Wii to fill the gaps Nintendo are leaving or compete with them. So they will put out the game to fill the void. The best thing for them to do I would think would be for them to localize it and the push it the best they could without going crazy with the spending. It will most likely sell well. It might not get 3rd parties to make games but it will show Wii owners that Nintendo isn't the one to blame for the lack of games and claims that *insert claim* can't be done on the Wii or or there isn't a market are the lies that they are..

That's wishful thinking on my part. It won't happen but one can dream.

I am pretty sure that E3 2010 will be the consequence of the 3rd party disaster. Last years E3 Nintendo has announced more development partnerships like with Team Ninja for OtherM. I just hope that Nintendo does not show those half-ass 3rd-Party games on the big screen like in the past...

neo2046

c_l1262024462_1.jpg

c_l1262024462_37.jpg

c_l1262024462_26.jpg

c_l1262024462_16.jpg

more at here
http://www.gpara.com/article/cms_show.php?c_id=17824&c_num=14

Effect

There is something about REGINLEIV (Dynamic Zan) that looks off to me. The combat I've seen in the trailer reminds me of the combat in Dragon Quest Swords. In that you slice at the screen and the enemies are damaged accordingly. However in this case it looks like the character is on screen as well where as in DQS you were simply in a first person view. Now I could be wrong about this as there isn't much information out on the game but that is what it is looking liking. The game looks great but could this simply be a Dragon Quest Swords styled game?

Now Dragon Quest Swords wasn't a true rail game. You decided where you moved along the preset path. You could go to town (or was it towns). If this is the same case I'm not sure what to think. The fact that it looks great is a huge plus. If that means it's more DQS and less Dynasty Warriors what are your feelings on this?

linsivvi

Effect said:
Now Dragon Quest Swords while a true rail game. You decided where you moved along the preset path. You could go to town (or was it towns). If this is the same case I'm not sure what to think. The fact that it looks great is a huge plus. If that means it's more DQS and less Dynasty Warriors what are your feelings on this?

Not likely. What's the point of having a radar on screen if the game is on rails?

Effect

linsivvi said:
Not likely. What's the point of having a radar on screen if the game is on rails?

So you could change direction. As I said it seems like it could closer to Dragon Quest Swords. Which was a sudo rail game. You controlled when you moved forward, backward, turn, etc. However you were limited where you could go. The direction of the game was set and you couldn't changed that but you simply weren't along for the ride. Think more along the lines of a point and click adventure game on the PC. Don't think of games like Umbrella Chronicles, Dead Space Extraction, etc. Like I said I could be wrong.

Effect said:
So you could change direction. As I said it seems like it could closer to Dragon Quest Swords. Which was a sudo rail game. You controlled when you moved forward, backward, turn, etc. However you were limited where you could go. The direction of the game was set and you couldn't changed that but you simply weren't along for the ride. Think more along the lines of a point and click adventure game on the PC. Don't think of games like Umbrella Chronicles, Dead Space Extraction, etc.

So, not even close to on rails, just not fully explorable...

duckroll

Reginleiv is really starting to show more and more EDF similarities now. The latest Famitsu article has a giant air battleship, armies of spider enemies, and a giant dual wielding boss.

TreIII

duckroll said:
Reginleiv is really starting to show more and more EDF similarities now. The latest Famitsu article has a giant air battleship, armies of spider enemies, and a giant dual wielding boss.

Well, in case there were any doubters before... :D

I hope Reginleiv & Last Window come here. Here's hoping they do since they have a writeup in the latest Nintendo Power. I don't remember really seeing any write-up for Disaster or Another Code, just under the release list section.

duckroll

Brand new trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMVQY-6YwaQ

This shows off the scale of the enemies both in size and in numbers. Pretty good stuff. It also pretty much annihilates any bullshit that this is a rail shooter, since you can clearly move around freely as seen in the trailer.

Another note is that Nintendo is doing something smarter than I expect! From 21st Jan to 31st March in Japan, all Game Tsutaya stores will be offering free rentals of a demo disc for the game for customers. If the game is really fun, that should definitely help push word of mouth and make it easier for consumers to decide if they want to spend 60 bucks on the game. :eek:

Ramirez

Hotel Dusk 2 HAS to come out here...:D

Can't believe it's actually getting a sequel, I loved the first one so much...

Top Bottom