• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wishful Thinking: What unlocalized game would you like to see on Club Nintendo?

screenshot_3.jpg

Japan got this exclusively via Club Nintendo for 1000 points.

I doubt we'll see an equivalent as a Platinum bonus (though that would rock).

I actually had Pikmin 2 in mind as a NA one, but we actually got that finally anyway. XD

Some games can include:

Wii:
Disaster: Day of Crisis (localized for Europe, never made it to NA)
Another Code R (same deal, though Cing's closure MIGHT make it tricky, particularly though profits right?)
NPC Chibi-Robo (not localized, but it was localized on the GC which can definitely give it a hand)
Captain Rainbow (not happening due to certain themes, but who knows, CN could be a way to finally do it)
Mario Super Sluggers (how the FUCK was this not in Europe? o_O)
Excitebots: Trick Racing (JP got it but not Europe? This is a common Europe request I remember seeing)
Fatal Frame IV (it was said that Nintendo wanted it to be localized but Tecmo refused to pay for the fixes themselves and couldn't come to an agreement, but Nintendo and KT are best buds and Nintendo now co-owns the IP (but didn't then?), so who knows)
Zangeki no REGINLEIV (fucking gorgeous game and one of the few to be M+ supported, I'd wager on the blood and "gore" to be the reason for this not coming over, so just tone it down!)

DS:
A.S.H. (this was actually ESRB-rated, so it had to have been quite far in localization until they pulled the plug)
Glory of Heracles (localized in NA but not Europe)
Soma Bringer (this is an actual 1st-party game since it's by Monolith Soft (BUY XENOBLADE))
Hotel Dusk 2/Last Window: The Secret of Cape West (was localized in Europe, so there's that)
Tingle series (only the first was localized in Europe, the second one didn't at all, and being Zelda spin-offs, there'd be potential, the themes in the game might be the reason for the lack of release).
Chibi-Robo: Park Patrol (localized in NA, but never saw the light in Europe)
Chibi-Robo 3 (JP-only)
Fossil Fighers series (both came out in NA, neither in Europe)
Card Hero DS games (the first on DS was retail and seemingly Nintendo renewed their CH trademark a year or so ago, there was an upgraded version and a sequel on DSiWare, none of these got localized)

I don't know if Inazuma Eleven would count since Nintendo only localizes them in Europe and Level-5 owns the IP as with the Layton series.

I might be forgetting some key examples, but if you could choose like one period or one per system, which would it be?

EXCITE BOTS DAMMIT! If Japan can now have it then PAL land should be joining in on the action.
Though with the ever flowing Mario love if this did happen we'd end up with Sluggers, but you know what I enjoyed the GC game and Sluggers has King K.Rool so i'd be up for this as well.
But specifically Excite Bots.

Jackano

For me: Tingle 2 on DS (I'm stuck near the end in the japanese version X_X )
For US GAF: Another code R (Wii)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Some games can include:

Disaster: Day of Crisis (Wii) (localized for Europe, never made it to NA)
Another Code R (Wii) (same deal, though Cing's closure MIGHT make it tricky, particularly though profits right?)
A.S.H. (DS) (this was actually ESRB-rated, so it had to have been quite far in localization until they pulled the plug)
NPC Chibi-Robo (Wii) (not localized, but it was localized on the GC which can definitely give it a hand)
Captain Rainbow (Wii) (not happening due to certain themes, but who knows, CN could be a way to finally do it)
Mario Super Sluggers (Wii) (how the FUCK was this not in Europe? o_O)
Excitebots: Trick Racing (Wii) (JP got it but not Europe? This is a common Europe request I remember seeing)
Glory of Heracles (DS) (localized in NA but not Europe)

I might be forgetting some key examples, but if you could choose like one period or one per system, which would it be?

Personally, I've imported Disaster and Another Code R, and I live in North America, so I can buy Glory of Heracles, Mario Super Sluggers, and Excitebots. So to me, I can't really say which game I'd like the most, but it'd have to be something not currently available in English.

Captain Rainbow (Wii) intrigues me a little. Despite mixed reception to its gameplay, I'd like to try Soma Bringer (DS)--I guess since it's translated I could just import a cart. Kurikin Nano Island Story (DS) seemed pretty interesting to me at the time. Marvelous: Another Treasure Island (SFC) never got translated despite being from a top-tier Nintendo producer, and it's also surprisingly never gotten a fan translation. An English release of the second Tingle game (DS) would be interesting. I've always wanted to play Napoleon (GBA), which was a Fire Emblem style game about Napoleon that Nintendo only ever localized to France. I speak French, but I don't know what's involved in GBA importing so I never bothered. That would interest me. Obviously Mother 3 (GBA) is a big one. Project Hacker (DS) seemed interesting to me.

Those would be some of the top ones I'd like to play.

I live in Europe, so got Another Code and Disaster.

My wish goes to Fatal Frame IV. Do it Nintendo.

Now that I remember hearing Nintendo wanting that to happen but Tecmo wouldn't budge as they'd have to do it on their own without financial support I think it was?

Unless that's changed with Nintendo and TK being snug, and since now Nintendo seems to co-own the IP and maybe not at that point, who knows?

I also think it's early to put in Fatal Frame 2 and Pandora's Tower in.

Soma Bringer.

I KNEW I forgot a key DS game! Will add.

Hell I'll add all suggestions.

I want localized VC downloads:

Mother (FC)
Famicom Detective Club series (FDS)
Famicom Wars series (FC/SFC)
Fire Emblem series (FC/SFC)
Marvelous: Another Treasure Island (SFC)
Custom Robo V.2 (N64)

For Frog the Bell Tolls (GB)
Game Boy Wars series (GB/GBC)
Pokémon: Trading Card Game 2 (GBC)
Card Hero (GBC)

jimi_dini

Now that I remember hearing Nintendo wanting that to happen but Tecmo wouldn't budge as they'd have to do it on their own without financial support I think it was?

I think the issue was: Fatal Frame IV/Japanese had some bugs/issues. Nintendo told Tecmo to fix them. Tecmo refused. Resulting in no western release.

But yes, hopefully FF2/Wii sells well and makes Nintendo+Tecmo think over it again.

Shiggy

Mario Super Sluggers (how the FUCK was this not in Europe? o_O)

Nobody cares about baseball, that's why it didn't come over.

Zero: A Japanese Ghost Story was meant to come over and was apparently localised, just like A.S.H.. For the latter we even know some voice actors.

It would be great if Europe got something new on Club Nintendo. There haven't been worthwhile additions for some time now.

I think the issue was: Fatal Frame IV/Japanese had some bugs/issues. Nintendo told Tecmo to fix them. Tecmo refused. Resulting in no western release.

But yes, hopefully FF2/Wii sells well and makes Nintendo+Tecmo think over it again.

Its sales will be abysmal, NoE denies its existence more or less.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
The worst part about the situation with Soma Bringer is that Nintendo apparently had completely finished translating the game and then decided to cancel the English release.

ASH was in NoA testing (IE ready for the final push), ESRB rated, and listed on Nintendo's US PR website.

Shiggy

I'd wait until GBA games are selling on the 3DS before tackling this, besides, the SNES game was to come over and was rated for the VC, but rumor has it, the release was canned due to a license dispute regarding the music.

Not sure if this would happen with M3, hopefully not.

Mother 2 wasn't even released on the Japanese VC, despite having a demo on the SSBB disc (!).

madp

The Light of El Cantare
If Wii, Reginleiv, if DS, Jet Impulse or Project Hacker.

Soma Bringer is the real answer but it might as well not even in the realm of hypothetical possibility for a game with so much text to be a Club Nintendo bonus.

MisterHero

That's a good way to promote localization, by limiting the audience it's available to :p

Anyways my pick would be a EarthBound 0/1/2 collection

backlot

Last Window would be great. Since it was already localized for Europe they would hardly have to do anything to it.

B.K.

ASH was in NoA testing (IE ready for the final push), ESRB rated, and listed on Nintendo's US PR website.

I'd like to know what the people at Nintendo are thinking sometimes. If they've already gone through that much of the process and spent that much money on a project, why not go ahead and release it?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Definitely Soma Bringer. It's the only game of all the ones in the OP I really feel like I'm missing out on.

Considered importing since there's apparently a translation patch for it. Might need to look into that more.

Edit: derp, also Fire Emblem, but that's not in the OP. Already imported that though, and I'm waiting on the fan translation.

Current Nintendo would never give a retail game for free in NA, but anyway
Okaeri%21_Chibi-Robo%21_Happy_Richie_Oosouji%21_Coverart.png
250px-Irozuki_Tingle_no_Koi_no_Balloon_Trip.jpg

Captain Rainbow and Fire Emblem 3r are getting fan translations, so I don't care that much.

I know people want this, but this is focusing on Nintendo published games as that's the only kind they would ever put on CN.

I hope me OP list is nice and well organized. I also want to note that this is more or less focusing on retail games as Excitebots shows they can go that far. So I'm not really counting WiiWare, DSiWare and VC games.

Foffy

Banned
I think ASH would be the last one I'd want. Apparently, the fan-translation to that game leaked a few weeks ago, and while it's now in English, it's still a very slow, very tedious game. Perhaps that's why NoA didn't release it here.

Boney

Banned
wait no, this is now my vote

seriously though, i wanna say it was stumps or alberto or someone who pointed out that, while we're grateful we got a top-notch fan effort, it prolly killed whatever slim chance this one had of a proper release.

So?

ignata

I'll say Doshin the Giant, cause that sounds like a Nintendo thing to say. I'm not going to pain myself with the whole Mother 3 thing.

Top Bottom