• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Badge Arcade |OT| Gotta Grab 'em All

n64coder

I've been trying to get all of the badges for this board:

nintendo-badge-center-super-famicom.jpg

I have all of them except for the console badge itself.

Yesterday, I had a good day and was able to get it with 2 plays. The first play I moved the claw to the far left to grab the top left cartridge but to also push the center cartridge to the right. This resulted in 5 badges being collected. The center top and the two right cartridges went to the right. The bottom left controller fell down to the right and I picked up the top left. This left only on the famicom console and was able to get easily. It felt good because it was my third day doing this board.

I dont have a 3DS yet. Will i still be able to collect all the badges or do they expire ?

You'll be able to get all of them, but the badges that are available at any given time are limited. They rotate quite often, but there are, as far as I am aware, no badges that will ever expire or be removed from the rotation or anything.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Urgh. I could have actually got the Mii plaza badge but I completely cocked it up at the end. Argh.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Revelation spoiler warnings and badges when most people have barely beaten one of the three Fates versions?

NINTENDO PLS

pariah164

I took a break from Birthright... to go play the new Badge Machines.

I got all the new FE face badges.

It took me 17 turns...

I need help.

Stage On

I took a break from Birthright... to go play the new Badge Machines.

I got all the new FE face badges.

It took me 17 turns...

I need help.

At least it only took you 17. I had to use the free play it gave me today as celibration for the new badge sets being out, another free play from the daily catcher and spend money for 50 turns on top of that to get them all

pariah164

At least it only took you 17. I had to use the free play it gave me today as celibration for the new badge sets being out, another free play from the daily catcher and spend money for 50 turns on top of that to get them all
The arcade would be so much better if it let you trade duplicate badges for plays. Like, five badges = one play, or something.

On the newest FE faces, I spent a turn on the arrow one, and it knocked someone coming out, but the three all bunched on the left unexpectedly instead of going off the ice ramp. So after unsuccessfully wiggling, I tried to grab the red one with the claw. "Missed" because it bounced off the wall, but then the claw worked around it still. Success!

...Not success! The claw got stuck until it gave up, and of course, ate my last turn. Thanks, Nintendo. Don't fix that any time soon, sure.

(I also had that "Hammer that does nothing" issue with the trio sprite block within the same set of plays.)

blamite

Oh man, all those new bottles. :eek:

Obviously I can't try to get every badge, or even every Zelda badge, but I think I can feel okay about going for every single bottle.

Robin64

Love the localisation for this. Just tried to get in and was told about maintenance until 9:00 UTC. One option "I'll wait" and then rabbit starts talking about if you could make him a cuppa while you do. So good.

Zalman

Apparently there's an update, and every time I try to do it it just sends me back. Doesn't even tell me there's an error. I can't access the arcade. What do? I'm in Europe if that matters.

Edit: I downloaded the update through the eShop and now it works.

Robin64

Looks like Europe finally got the same bonus badges as America. You can now get bonus badges for 1 and 3 free plays, rather than only have the 2 free plays badges.

dh4niel

Is there an issue with the update in the EU (UK specifically)? I start the game, asked for an update, looks like it updates and when I start the game again it just loops back and asks for the update again?

EDIT: Turning it off and on again fixed it after updating again. :/

Velcro Fly

Got a few free plays today and cleared an entire FE sprite board. Super easy just knocked into a couple and they all fell down the hole in the middle.

Spades

I love this game. I don't even do anything with the badges but find it very addictive. Maybe it's because I enjoy playing the grab machines in real life?

Have avoided paying any real money so far, but suspect that might change.

Megatron

Got a few free plays today and cleared an entire FE sprite board. Super easy just knocked into a couple and they all fell down the hole in the middle.

Did the same today.

Is there a video of the one with the hammer and FE sprites? Or could someone tell me the strategy for it? I want to try it, but would like to see it in action first. I guess maybe one big whack on the left would clear the left? But how do you get the big square blocks?

Megatron

I love this game. I don't even do anything with the badges but find it very addictive. Maybe it's because I enjoy playing the grab machines in real life?

Have avoided paying any real money so far, but suspect that might change.

I have spent a little here and there, but am trying not to spend any money until the mega man badges release. When those release I will have to practice restraint. The temptation will be to get them all day one, but really I am better off if I spend a dollar a day to take advantage of the free plays. Then when I get the message that there is one or two days left, go ham on whatever I don't have.

Did the same today.

Is there a video of the one with the hammer and FE sprites? Or could someone tell me the strategy for it? I want to try it, but would like to see it in action first. I guess maybe one big whack on the left would clear the left? But how do you get the big square blocks?
Took me three plays.
First knock the sprite sticking up out if the rightmost big block. If you catch it it'll hit with enough force to knock it off.
Then hit the sprite sticking out of the remaining block. It'll push enough that all the sprites suspended on the left side will fall. Then it's just one more well-placed hammer to knock the big one into the pit to clear the board.

Kyonashi

Don't get me wrong, I totally understand the mentality behind this game, but I just bought a N3DS with Kirby faceplate for SNES games, and I want the pixel kirby and pixel console badges and they're not currently active and I don't know when they next will be...

Would this game be so bad if you could access all machines at once, sorted by franchise to make it easier to navigate?

TheMoon

Don't get me wrong, I totally understand the mentality behind this game, but I just bought a N3DS with Kirby faceplate for SNES games, and I want the pixel kirby and pixel console badges and they're not currently active and I don't know when they next will be...

Would this game be so bad if you could access all machines at once, sorted by franchise to make it easier to navigate?

defeats the point of checking in daily, being "surprised" at the selection, sense of urgency.

illusionary

All of those bar urgency could be solved by new boards releasing often but old ones remaining.

I doubt that they'd be able to continue releasing new catchers at a fast enough rate to capture the same effect - and in the end, they're looking to make money with this, and the rotating selection of catchers aids them with that.

pHand

Here's the FE hammer machine: https://youtu.be/gWq5PxyUSa0?t=4m5s It took him 5 plays, but he botched his first move. Danny Crocodile's strategy is sound, but you have to hit the sprites protruding from the boxes in an exact way or else the boxes will barely budge.

I have spent a little here and there, but am trying not to spend any money until the mega man badges release. When those release I will have to practice restraint. The temptation will be to get them all day one, but really I am better off if I spend a dollar a day to take advantage of the free plays. Then when I get the message that there is one or two days left, go ham on whatever I don't have.

Yup, I've made the mistake of trying to get all badges in a series in one day. I definitely could have saved some money if I had used a free play or two first. The only problem, however, is when you have leftover plays and use those to start on a new machine. But then you don't have enough plays to finish the new machine, so you buy another set and then have some left over again. Rinse and repeat. You basically have to stop the moment you've completed a set and have no plays left.

Also, eBay just had a deal for a $100 eShop card for $80, which I pounced on. I keep telling myself I'll save the credit to buy actual games, but I'm terrified it's all gonna go to this. I'm trying to limit myself to just Animal Crossing badges, but it looks like there are at least 111 AC panels ;_;

I'm just going to try and get all the Mega Man badges as fast as I can when they come out. I don't care about not using a few extra free plays on them. Hopefully I will have some eShop money at the time.

Oh god. I got two plays, I got every badge in the Callie/Marie machine with them, except Marie was sliding back on the ice. Right as she was on the edge, it freezes to show me my won badges. Baito asks me if I want to play, I say no, and then the badge finishes rolling off the edge into the pit. Where now I have to buy a Play to get it.

This game.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Is there a trick to the machine where there's a yarn yoshi with his tongue sticking out in the middle? I feel like I should just be able to pick him up & the rest of the badges would just roll down the pit in the middle, but the claw can't get a grip on the badge covering the pit.

Also hit 500 badges yesterday.

pHand

Is there a trick to the machine where there's a yarn yoshi with his tongue sticking out in the middle? I feel like I should just be able to pick him up & the rest of the badges would just roll down the pit in the middle, but the claw can't get a grip on the badge covering the pit.

Also hit 500 badges yesterday.

The trick seems to be to grab the tongue: https://youtu.be/BFryQWqLJxc?t=4m2s

However, even if you do it correctly the badges will likely get stuck instead of just rolling down the middle.

Still confused with the latest update and the new bonus badges, does it implies we're getting at least a free play every day?

US and JPN get blue badges which give 1 free play and their red badges give 3 free plays.
Europe got no blue badges and red badges only gave 2 free plays.

Now Europe get the same deal as the everybody else.
Blue badges now exist for us and red = 3 plays.
So not a free play everyday, but increased odds of getting one.

gerudoman

US and JPN get blue badges which give 1 free play and their red badges give 3 free plays.
Europe got no blue badges and red badges only gave 2 free plays.

Now Europe get the same deal as the everybody else.
Blue badges now exist for us and red = 3 plays.
So not a free play everyday, but increased odds of getting one.

Thanks for the explanation! I've been getting blue badges every day since the update so I think it's a good deal :D

georly

Dang, I fell off the badge arcade boat and it looks like i've missed some sweet badges :/ Are twilight princess ones still up?

Any new zelda themes? Only time I pay for plays is when I get a zelda theme w/ it.

Top Bottom