• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Badge Arcade |OT| Gotta Grab 'em All

You don't get free plays every day

Does he say thanks for returning again today or whatever every time, though? I know you don't get free plays every day, but when was the last one? I haven't gotten any since last Thursday.

You only get free tries at the practice machine. Which should net you roughly one free play per day.

I haven't gotten any free plays since last Thursday. I've never done the practice thing. Thanks for the tip!

TheMoon

Does he say thanks for returning again today or whatever every time, though? I know you don't get free plays every day, but when was the last one? I haven't gotten any since last Thursday.

I haven't gotten any free plays since last Thursday. I've never done the practice thing. Thanks for the tip!

You get one once every week on the day of the weekly NBA update, naturally.

This is all in the OP, btw.

Yes, he always comments on you returning again. He doesn't mean in the same day, just that youre back at the arcade... Again.

Robin64

By the way:

JGQaR5Z.png

Seems to be UK only for now.

TheMoon

Hmm... I dropped into my local GAME (Manchester) this lunchtime, with my 3DS - but no sign of any free plays.

Well, did you launch the Nintendo Zone app?

I'm guessing you didn't. Because you would have received a code that you can enter in NBA for free plays. That's why there's a "redeem code" thing in NBA.

Before you ask how you get the app: you get it automatically by being "in" a Nintendo Zone (a GAME store in your case).

illusionary

I'm guessing you didn't. Because you would have received a code that you can enter in NBA for free plays. That's why there's a "redeem code" thing in NBA.

Before you ask how you get the app: you get it automatically by being "in" a Nintendo Zone (a GAME store in your case).
Ah, that would explain it - thanks. I'd assumed that it would just be automatic via Streetpass.

Kolma

There's a Redeem code because cards exist for free plays
Here's hoping...
I already own all the ones that have come out in NA.

Also Just got some play pass cards from my Nintendo Rep. Guess I can find out soonish if they count towards getting themes (probably not)

Here's what the cards look like (back/front)
(Code is already used so don't bother)
Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/tmW03Oi.jpg[/IMG]

Eevee86

Game would be 100x better if they'd just let me save up my tries. Getting one free play is just worthless a lot of the time.

Robin64

Game would be 100x better if they'd just let me save up my tries. Getting one free play is just worthless a lot of the time.

Yeah, couldn't agree more. So many of the layouts need you to get things out of the way first.

An alternative I would be happy with is that they remember their state between sessions.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Seriously, especially when you find out there's really nothing you really want to use your free tries on & would rather save it for another day when there's badges you actually want.

Also yes, getting only 1 free play sucks when some badges require more than one due to the layout.

Renewed

The badges you want are likely hidden behind badges you don't care as much for. That way you're likely to run out of plays and buy more. Welcome to milking your wallet.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Twilight Princess HD badges got added, you get a free play after listening to the bunny talking about the game.

Crispy

I started playing this last week. It's fun to do the free practice every day and to see how many badges I can get through free plays.

I don't think I'll ever pay for it though, simply because most of the badges are a bit ugly (the testosterone badges which were introduced this week for example) and a lot of badges don't interest me (animal crossing, Pokémon).

Renewed

I got a bonus play yesterday. I got 5 bonus plays a week ago in time for the FE Fates child sprite badges. I wanna see if I can get more...

(of course, the only badge I missed in a set was Ophelia so I bought plays for the first time ever)

JoeM86

This week, in Japan. Quiet week, but there were returning ones with Business Mario and other Easter related badges

Animal Crossing

freKbif.png
ILd3NGM.png
0ugj2ov.png

Pokémon

jXWIqhu.png
hjs7HSo.png
P8L4FzM.png

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I talked to a nintendo rep on the phone today and he said that badge arcade wont transfer over to my new 3ds since it's considered save data (lost my last one). Man, I wonder if they can give me tokens for plays.

I talked to a nintendo rep on the phone today and he said that badge arcade wont transfer over to my new 3ds since it's considered save data (lost my last one). Man, I wonder if they can give me tokens for plays.

So yeah, people. Back your shit up!

Especially if you've put money into this.

illusionary

You were probably slightly too early.

Or as above.

Went in today, not available yet.
Nintendo Zone was just offering some free DLC for New Style Boutique 2.

So, I stopped by again today and actually loaded up the Nintendo Zone app this time, now that I knew how to go about it - and yep, got the code without problem.

Now here's hoping that we'll see some Zelda catchers up again shortly for me to use these against - getting five together isn't something that we see at all often! Twilight Princess HD would be great, which I assume is the offering in this week's US update from the mention above.

illusionary

It was indeed Twilight Princess HD this morning. :)

Yep, great to see - though the selection of badges so far isn't as good as some of the other Zelda sets so far, IMO. That's not really a complaint, though - I'm happy with most Zelda-related offerings that they'd care to offer!

I think I'll wait until the end of the debut week for these badges, then use my five free plays code to nab anything that's remained elusive but I particularly want.

Glix

Fuck badges.

Fuck that rabbit.

Fuck Nintendo.

I hate myself.

I PROMISED MYSELF IT WAS JUST UNTIL I GOT AN APPROPRIATE BADGE FOR EACH FOLDER I HAVE MADE AND NO MORE. WHAT HAPPENED??? PAID PLAY!?!?!? PAID PLAY?!?!?!?

Im part of the problem

L.O.R.D

Strange,i transferred from old 3DS to new 3DS xl and got all my badges.
Badges are tied to your NNID.

You can't back up saves on 3DS. Well, you can, but it's not going to work on another 3DS.

Are you sure? I thought you could just create a copy of your SD card on your computer and everything would work in a second 3DS if you license transfer or whatever.

I've never tried, obvs, but I believed it was possible.

jblank83

Are you sure? I thought you could just create a copy of your SD card on your computer and everything would work in a second 3DS if you license transfer or whatever.

I've never tried, obvs, but I believed it was possible.

You're correct. I've done it several times. You can copy all of the saves on an SD card and transfer them to the new system if you do a license transfer. You can have multiple backups on PC if you want. I back mine up every once in awhile just to be safe. I have had to restore from backups before as well, so I know it works.

You can probably use old saves on a new system, though you'd have to buy digital games again.

pHand

I don't usually go for PKMN badges but damn, these look nice!

Looks like it's part of a new line of "Pokemon Easter Eggs" merch. They also advertised them as "real badges" you can collect in real life: https://youtu.be/8TmCWpPIT4g?t=46s

I think it says they're available at Pokemon Centers/Stores, but only as metal charms. They should've gone really meta and made them actual pins, and the only way you can get them is in a crane machine. And all of the good ones are at the bottom, covered by a ton of Magikarp pins.

Cool, got my two Nintendo Zone codes for 5 free plays.

Just two questions:

1. Can you use more than one code on the same game?
2. Is the code region-free? As in could I use it on my Japanese 3DS?

-shadow-

Another day, another gone by without a Bonus Play. This is really getting ridiculous, I don't need one every day, but still haven't had even one since the update! :\

Another day, another gone by without a Bonus Play. This is really getting ridiculous, I don't need one every day, but still haven't had even one since the update! :

Are you typically getting a play out of the dummy badges? You seem to be far more likely to score a bonus badge if the dummy badges equal <10.

-shadow-

Yeah after messing up two days in a row I ended up getting over ten practice badges. Wish the game could be brought back to the old version, I didn't get it often but more than I do now :(

Top Bottom