• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Classic Mini - NES Coming on November 11th (30 NES games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

These things are going to sell out in a heartbeat as soon as they're up for pre-order.
I mean, you'll blink twice and it'll be gone.

Tizoc

Hah been on my mind that ninty and sega would do something like this
Granted sega qlready did but this is a neat move from ninty
Gonna read up and see if it supports any other controllers

So many questions. How long before someone hacks this to play any roms you want? Did they made this themselves or is this basically a licensed product? Hoping for the former, but it's likely the latter.

Now that my hype has settled a touch, I'm wondering about this too. Since it sounds like the VC functionality is based on Wii U (given the noted suspend points) and not Wii, I'm wondering if it uses the Wii U VC emulator. It probably does, in which case given the disappointing reviews NES emulation has gotten on Wii U, esp. in terms of game darkness (though I know that's fixable with TV settings as I understand it), I would hope it looks better than Wii U NES VC reportedly does.

NP :)

The new 3ds snes and Wii u gba emulation are much much better though so I think they have learned and hopefully put some advancements into this box.

Pray to God that m2 is involved in this project. I would squeal like a little girl getting a pony.

mclem

Are those standard Wii controller ports?

And if that's the case, I wonder if I can buy a Classic Controller to use with my Wii? Would be a nice accompaniment to the SNES one I own.

I'm calling it right now NX will use some type of branding from the NES/SNES era. It'll probably be called something with NES in its name!

maxcriden

The new 3ds snes and Wii u gba emulation are much much better though so I think they have learned and hopefully put some advancements into this box.

Pray to God that m2 is involved in this project. I would squeal like a little girl getting a pony.

I hope so, too, but I think those are all handled by M2--at least I know Wii U GBA emu is--so I'm skeptical they'd be brought in just for this product when the NES VC is already developed and people buy them in droves still.

Im gonna pick this up, but how great would it be if it had support for actual NES carts. An HDMI official modern NES with installed games and original cart support would be amazing.

Well I can't say I ever expected Nintendo to release one of those Genesis compilation systems for their own consoles. Seems like a great deal, but I hope they can add the ability to play actual NES cartridges.

nibblemonkey

Neo Member
This bit is interesting:

" The Nintendo Classic Mini: Nintendo Entertainment System comes packaged with an HDMI cable, a USB cable for powering the system*, and one Nintendo Classic Mini: NES Controller.
*Note that an AC adapter for the USB cable is required to play the system but is not included in the packaging."

chadskin

EU box art is a little different from the US one:

CI_NintendoClassicMiniNES_PS_Announcement_MS7_image912w.jpg

maxcriden

This bit is interesting:

" The Nintendo Classic Mini: Nintendo Entertainment System comes packaged with an HDMI cable, a USB cable for powering the system*, and one Nintendo Classic Mini: NES Controller.
*Note that an AC adapter for the USB cable is required to play the system but is not included in the packaging."

Wait. What. You can't plug it in out of the box. No plug??! :|

On the one hand I own most of these on vc services

On the other hand this would be a great gift for my sister's who only have tablets to see the kinds of things big brother played when he was their age .

Day one for me if it's available in Australia, though I guess we'll get the usual Oztax. I'll lock my 10 year old in his room with it, take away his PC and XB1 and not let him out until he's finished every game.

Wait. What. You can't plug it in out of the box. No plug??! :|

Really? I have loads of USB PSU's. If not look on the back of your TV for a USB service port, they usually have enough power to run USB devices.

cacildo

$60 for a pretty mini NES replica, a new controler and 30 games

If you are buying these games alone on Virtual Console you will be spending (opens calculator) $150

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
This bit is interesting:

Wat

How is this supposed to work?

Wait... they even included third-party games, and they are actually classics and some of the best titles available on the console? 0_0

Somnid

Neat. I mean they could have gone a lot further with being able to download more games but at least they have some 3rd party games to vary the old Nintendo standbys that have been released for the umpteenth time. I hope the emulation is good.

The controller situation is interesting. It seems like they are using the same port as the Wii Remote EXT so you can use it wired directly into the device or wireless with a Wii Remote which is nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom