• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Classic Mini - NES Coming on November 11th (30 NES games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BY2K

Membero Americo
This bit is interesting:

" The Nintendo Classic Mini: Nintendo Entertainment System comes packaged with an HDMI cable, a USB cable for powering the system*, and one Nintendo Classic Mini: NES Controller.
*Note that an AC adapter for the USB cable is required to play the system but is not included in the packaging."

Shouldn't be a problem if you have a phone charger, right?

EU box art is a little different from the US one:

CI_NintendoClassicMiniNES_PS_Announcement_MS7_image912w.jpg
50Hz isn't in big letters so that's promising

Javier

HOLY SHIT WANT. This looks amazing! Even better because it includes 3rd party titles! A while ago somebody told me about this I would have expected the whole 1st party NES library.

But Final Fantasy is among the games and that one is still not on 3DS/Wii U VC. Squeenix plz.

This bit is interesting:

" The Nintendo Classic Mini: Nintendo Entertainment System comes packaged with an HDMI cable, a USB cable for powering the system*, and one Nintendo Classic Mini: NES Controller.
*Note that an AC adapter for the USB cable is required to play the system but is not included in the packaging."

Shhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttt.

Hopefully we get some clarification.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Hah, this is amazing, sold. That game selection is pretty impressive too, so many classics. Shame it has Simon's Quest but not Drac's Curse though.

This is going to sell like crazy.

Watch the EU games run at 50Hz for authenticity

Yikes, hopefully not.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Phase 2 of their master nostalgia money making plan. Pokemon Go was the first one and now it's time for them to go even further into the past.
Though fuck this. Make a hmdi modded top loading system that lets people use their own carts instead. I'm tired of buying shitty clones.

I wonder what kind of hardware this is. Android stuff or is it repurposed wii hardware

Based on the controller ports I'm going to go with the latter.

This would be so much more awesome if you could download other VC games and put them on the system through an SD card though.

MacTag

Banned
This thing already has better 3rd party support than Wii U. /s

Seriously though, NOA & NOE can't manage to get Bubble Bobble and Final Fantasy on 3DS or Wii U Virtual Consoles but they can get them on this? I also wonder if this will feature the dark blur filter NES has on Wii U VC?

Folk have been saying Nintendo should do this for years, nice to finally see it happen. Think I'll grab one of those controllers at the very least.

LiK

Based on the controller ports I'm going to go with the latter.

This would be so much more awesome if you could download other VC games and put them on the system through an SD card though.

SD card slot where the NES cart would go into would've been a nice touch.

Assuming Nintendo doesn't saddle us PAL peasants with a 50Hz console, I'll be all over this. Something I didn't realise I needed in my life until just now :p

Well, as long as this thing has reasonably low input lag and upscales to 1080p nicely, I'm sold as fuck. My only real complaint about the list of games is Castlevania II instead of III, but it's still a very solid list. Really impressed that even got 3rd party games in this in the first place.

Phase 2 of their master nostalgia money making plan. Pokemon Go was the first one and now it's time for them to go even further into the past.
Though fuck this. Make a hmdi modded top loading system that lets people use their own carts instead. I'm tired of buying shitty clones.

AFAIK the NES trademarks are now public domain and Nintendo can't re-register them.

This bit is interesting:

I have like... 5 or 6 Usb adapters from previous phones, and some usb power cords, also, you might be able to use your pc ports too... I don't see an issue tbh.

Of couse, this thinking that it's extremely easy and cheap to get a AC adapter.

What the fuck?! And this will do a proper upscale on my HDTV? Day one for me. Sorry if I've missed this, can it accept original carts as well?

Now just do the same for SNES and I'll love you long time Nintendo.

I must say, the best thing about this is the packaging. So incredibly authentic.
The back must be plastered with game screenshots and hype flavour texts.

What the fuck?! And this will do a proper upscale on my HDTV? Day one for me. Sorry if I've missed this, can it accept original carts as well?

At 60 bucks? Hell yeah I'd take one as well.

It's too small to fit cartridges but I do wonder if the flap functions.

So I just had a crazy thought...what if this is the QoL project?

I know they said it was fitness based, but bringing back NES Nostalgia is always a smart decision

UberTag

They have to save something for next Christmas.
Perhaps we'll get a mini Nintendo 64 the year after that.

Plum

Guys I think Nintendo is drunk. $60 for 30 NES games, an when they cost $4 or so each in the eShop is crazy. If this, Pokemon GO and the younger generation of devs getting a chance are indicitave of what the NX and its games will be like then I'm incredibly hopeful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom