• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Classic Mini - NES Coming on November 11th (30 NES games)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guessing this is a sign that Nintendo's exiting the console space since every one of these retro game boxes are from dead brands.

Also, expect the emulation on these to be terrible, like they always are on these systems.

Wut? They're set to release a new console in March...

What this really seems like is a smart attempt to plug the hole in their fall lineup. Outside of Pokemon, they have next to nothing to sell at Christmas this year. I could see this being a pretty popular gift this Christmas season.

ultron87

Well this makes buying NES games for 5 dollars on the e shop look pretty dumb.

Can I just buy these games as a bundle on for Wii U for this price?

StayDead

453e2febed.png

I want this, but one worrying thing is are they the 50hz Pal verisons or is it all 60?

data

If those NES controller are USB, I am in for those.

e: wtf is up with those ports on the NES? Nintendo nooooo did you seriously make it proprietary

Berordn

Holy crap, that's an incredible collection.

If I didn't already own basically all of these on the Wii U I'd pick it up in a heartbeat. But I do so instead I'll buy extra controllers.

Mowgli

Banned
This is a huge missed opportunity they could have hooked it up to the VC store and made money off of people buying the games.

RexNovis

Banned
Oh my lord I have been waiting for Nintendo to finally do some the like this. This is SO bought. I seriously hope they do something similar for SNES as well. This is absolutely fantastic news.

PAL friends, Final Fantasy didn't get a release in the EU, this must means the collection is 60Hz right? They wouldn't reconstruct it for 50Hz
...right?

$60 or $70 with a controller?? Nintendo why. I think this is a missed opportunity to put some gameboy games on here too. With how things are going, this would have sold much better if it had Pokemon Yellow on it, I feel.

What? This post confuses me. $60 is with a controller and that is the price of a normal game these days. This is anything but a missed opportunity.

And putting Pokémon on here makes no sense. People don't equate Pokémon with NES.

jph139

Depending on the quality of the emulation I'm in. Even though I already have 90% of the games I'd want on the Wii U.

amdb00mer

This looks cool, but where is the ability to download additional games? The ability to use your Nintendo ID to play your VC games? The option to use your real NES cartridges? The ability for wireless controllers? Suspend, as in save state? Where is this suspend or save state button? I don't see it. Does that mean I have to get up and press that reset button? I really like the look and the price, but I think one of the other multi-purpose retro systems that lets you use your physical cartridges is a better option, even with the increased price.

CHC

I saw this and was like "who cares!?" until I realized it was an official Nintendo product. That's pretty cool of them! I like this idea of a vintage console preloaded with games, I would love one for N64 or PS1.

Great price too, seriously.

RetroDLC

Foundations of Burden
This is a Christmas gadget, not a move towards anything different for their console line, but it'll be the most popular Christmas gift guaranteed.

Yes, very much so, yes. Buying this for $60 is cheaper than buying all of these carts for my original Nes or Retron, and this is officially licensed ad sanctioned by Nintendo. I just wish it was out today so I could buy it right now.

This is incredibly smart of Nintendo to do, and I firmly believe that this is part of the new expansion Nintendo spoke about last year, shortly before Iwata passed. You would've NEVER seen something like this from old-school Nintendo. This is a way to rebuild their brand with people who grew up on Nintendo, but either fell out of the hobby or moved on to Sony or Microsoft. Many of these games have only legally been available via Wii and Wii U, and to a lesser extent 3DS; and this gives people a low-cost option if they don't own one of those systems or want to own one.

If the quality is there with this product, I would LOVE to see an Snes and N64 version. Perhaps we could even see handhelds? That might be expensive, with the screen and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom