• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Classic Mini - NES Coming on November 11th (30 NES games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dryk

Basically every power board in this house has USB ports and I really want that controller. So I'm in.

EDIT: Only Mega Man 2 is kind of lame though

There are going to be so many people complaining of difficulty when playing these games lol

If that bridge in super metroid caused problems wait until original metroid destroys everyone

Zelda II is hard af

This looks cool, but where is the ability to download additional games? The ability to use your Nintendo ID to play your VC games? The option to use your real NES cartridges? The ability for wireless controllers? Suspend, as in save state? Where is this suspend or save state button? I don't see it. Does that mean I have to get up and press that reset button? I really like the look and the price, but I think one of the other multi-purpose retro systems that lets you use your physical cartridges is a better option, even with the increased price.

this was just announced and there are 4 months until release...I really believe you need to wait and see if there will be any additional features. Except the use of cartridges, those are lost of course,

$2 a piece is what people have been demanding for NES VC game prices for, what, years now?

Pretty sweet.

Wild speculation time:

This is called the NES Classic because NX's official name will be....NES

SpotAnime

Wow, unexpected and Nintendo truly showing the way how to handle these retro boxes.

I'm mostly excited about the controller. And only $10 for a second? That's fantastic. Playing these games on a real NES controller is about the best news ever.

Looking forward to the SNES collection now...

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
CV 1&2 yet no best NES CV, Castlevania 3? Why?

Firebrand

EU box art is a little different from the US one:

CI_NintendoClassicMiniNES_PS_Announcement_MS7_image912w.jpg
I was actually wondering about this when I saw the original box art, the name "NES" wouldn't make too much sense.

Wonder if the games list is the same, IIRC Tecmo Bowl never came out here. And Super C would be Probotector II of course. :p

Plum

You can't predict what this company will do.

You can't.

We have no clue what any of their 2017 onwards line up is and still have no clue what the NX is.

Things are about to get a whole lot more unpredictable I think.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
what next snes mini n64 mini gcn mini connect 'em all together and you unlock the nx (mini)

MacTag

Banned
VC games have always been horribly overpriced, though.
It depends on the game, $5 is probably fine for Zelda or SMB3, but it's insane for something like DKJr or Urban Champion. Sticking with Wii VC universal pricepoints was definitely a mistake this gen though and hopefully something they break with for NX and start doing a range of values.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
We have no clue what any of their 2017 onwards line up is and still have no clue what the NX is.

Things are about to get a whole lot more unpredictable I think.

That's the year when they fully blow their load onto us. It's been held in for far too long.

grumpy

Holy shit, completely out of nowhere.
If they make a SNES mini after that, I will fucking die.
Also, considering the prices VC games go for on the Nintendo eShop, even charging €/$100 for this would be a steal.

cacildo

$2 a piece is what people have been demanding for NES VC game prices for, what, years now?

Pretty sweet.

To be fair i think it should be lower

$5 for a NES game is a bad joke

VC prices were always terribly high. Except that ONE time they sold Mega Man X for $2

Thank the heavens they've found a way to sell NES roms again.

At least this time they made it a pretty cute way to sell NES roms

_PsiFire_

I'll be getting this for my son for Christmas for sure! He'll be by then.

Maybe it'll be as magical for him as it was for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom