• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Classic Mini - NES Coming on November 11th (30 NES games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParityBit

Yeah, these controllers use the same connector as the Wii nunchuck. You can find extenders online, and I think best buy will be selling them for the NES mini specifically, too.

The only extender I have seen listed here was one that is out November 30th .... are there others? My classic controller for the Wii is like 1 foot long :(

TLZ

Banned
One shot deal. Best case scenario is if this thing sells like crazy, we get a SNES Classic Edition with longer cords.

Just make them wireless fgs. I mean they went the length and gave us both HDMI and USB power for modern times, just give us wireless controllers then, and make the cables standard usb. All I care about is the 1:1 look of the console and the controllers, not the stupid cables that I always complained about even back in the day, hoping one day we go wireless.

Saw some folks' Target orders shipped so checked mine and seeing it's preparing to ship, so better than "We've received your order!" Baby steps.

The short cable is not news to me but it is frustrating because it relegates the thing to my desk though perhaps the HDMI cable (and whatever spares I have) can make up the difference otherwise.

Afro

Why do I have this sinking feeling that Toys R Us won't actually be getting these pre-orders out on the 11th?

ToastyFrog

Inexplicable Treasure Hate
I wonder why they left Castlevania 3 out though when they have the original and Simon's Quest on it.
There aren't any MMC5 games on this thing. May not have been deemed worth the effort to develop and test emulation for an advanced chip set for one game.

Or maybe they're saving it for next year's NES Classic Edition model.

Gengahrrr

Hmm, this thing isn't being advertised at all in the Sunday paper. Toys r us had the only ad for it in a small part of the page.

Rockeeo

Target has shipped my preorder. It's on track to deliver anywhere between Wednesday and Friday. I'm so excited. Hopefully my Toys R Us order ships soon too.

Did you pay extra for shipping? I used the free shipping option and it is expected to be delivered a week later. Thanks.

Tiktaalik

It is weird to me that this product seemingly doesn't exist in Canada... ?

Doesn't turn up in search results at BestBuy.ca or ToysRUs.ca

This is a bit baffling.

Lucent

People keep asking about these in my store. Hopefully we get a decent amount. I'm off on the 11th so I'll have to come in early and make sure I get one.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Looks tempting but I think I'll get a chromebook r13 instead ; )

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Can you still preorder this anywhere, or is my best bet to wait in a line on the 11th?

B_Bech

Just a heads up, I'm a store leader at a Game Stop and we are only getting allocated like 18 units-- a paltry amount. I would come early if you plan on getting one there.

Guzim

I have to work on Friday, but my brother is off so he's going to go to Gamestop for me. Hopefully he's able to pick one up.

Petrae

Just a heads up, I'm a store leader at a Game Stop and we are only getting allocated like 18 units-- a paltry amount. I would come early if you plan on getting one there.

I was told something similar today at a GameStop that I visited. "We only got a small amount. I'm coming to wait in line a few hours before open on Friday to get one myself, and it's my day off!"

I had the funds lined up for this on Friday, but I'll be damned if I'm going to camp out for hours or go on a wild fucking goose chase over a $60 item in 2016.

I live in hope mine will be sent slightly early, but I'd settle for getting it on release. I've a feeling lots of places might have screwed up their pre-orders by assuming there'd be ample stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom